Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Technically legal, yet hilarious, play! (football)

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=24490

What happened: The QB begins to complain about the ball, that is the signal for the center to give a lazy snap to put the defense off guard. Nobody moves at all except for the QB who walks towards the sidelines pretending something is wrong with the ball. As soon as he is far out enough, he darts for the TD!

It is 100% legal, except I know in pee-wee talking to coaches from the field during a play changes from league-to-league.

I letting my little brother try it!

Shame, Shame! The integrity of football will be ruined by plays like this. Buut, I'll have to remember this play down the road for my son's team. Was the offense set? Because if they were (what I teach the kids, if the ball moves, go).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
    Shame, Shame! The integrity of football will be ruined by plays like this. Buut, I'll have to remember this play down the road for my son's team. Was the offense set? Because if they were (what I teach the kids, if the ball moves, go).
    That's kind of what I was thinking... it would feel hollow to me if my team or my kids' team got points that way. And especially if they WON because of a play like that...

It's not a real win. I'd feel bad.

Plus, although it's technically legal, you're practically teaching the kids to cheat...

Funny though...

Reminds be a bit of the play that the 4077 used in the movie of M*A*S*H

Before the Snap, the line resets so that the centre's on the end, QB (Spearchucker Jones) returned the ball to the centre (legal as he was the end) and play actioned whilst the centre took off up field with the ball....................

No tsure if it owuld be a legal play, but funny as hell
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Brilliant
    Not cheating if its legal, win by any means.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Absolutely perfect play. The defense has learned a valuable lesson about deception. Go with what you know, not what you see.

That's pretty funny. Legal or not, it worked.

You don't fight to fight fair, you fight to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier96B View Post
    i also took a crap and it was orange

i think its a good play
    football is a game of chess not checkers
    this actually teaches a few leasons early for kids to learn
    the other teams coaches are at fault for not coaching his/her team correctly
    the team that pulled the play off is following the rules within the limits, so ya cant blame them there
    look at some of the plays that happen in the nfl that people cheer for when they go their way.
    dan marino fake spike for a td classic

sig by B4B6..

Quote Originally Posted by lynchembaby View Post
    i think its a good play
    football is a game of chess not checkers
    this actually teaches a few leasons early for kids to learn
    the other teams coaches are at fault for not coaching his/her team correctly
    the team that pulled the play off is following the rules within the limits, so ya cant blame them there
    look at some of the plays that happen in the nfl that people cheer for when they go their way.
    dan marino fake spike for a td classic
    couldn't agree more. Blame the other coach. If there was an issue the whistle would have been blown.

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80 View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking... it would feel hollow to me if my team or my kids' team got points that way. And especially if they WON because of a play like that...

It's not a real win. I'd feel bad.

Plus, although it's technically legal, you're practically teaching the kids to cheat...

Funny though...

Kinda like the "fake kneel down" a while back..........Wasn't it Marino who did that...then threw a TD and won the game.

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

Cheeky little bugger. Whatever happened to the spirit of the game? I hope he got popped later on in that match.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Reminds me of the play in The Longest Yard. Where Crewe goes to the sideline complaining the team doesn't know the play. The center then snaps the ball to the fullback. The fullback threw the ball to Crewe who caught it and ran in for the extra points. It may be a trick play but it teaches you to respect each play. Sometimes you cannot go by instinct but go by discipline and experience to recognize a legal set.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"

My high school football team did that a couple years ago and scored with it..Dont know why any of you guys think its "cheating" or its wrong to do in anyway..The defense needs to be ready at all times, and be ready for anything..

Ok I just watched the video, and the play that we did was the center never snapped the ball and the QB started walking down the line looking like he was yelling something at the coach, then the center snapped the ball to the running back and the running back through the ball the the QB and the QB ran it for the TD..

Wouldn't this be considered a trick play? And if it's legal, it's not cheating.
    And this wouldn't fly in the NFL because I'm fairly sure that if there wasn't a time out called, even on a play like this, that the pros would be smart enough to figure out what was going on.
    Last edited by I_Only_Like_Jay; 07-29-2007 at 03:40 PM.