Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronheeb View Post
    This isnt true... It was said afterwards that Dallas was going to get him with their next pick if we didnt get him then on the first day. I think Dallas had a pick like 4 or 5 spots later and word was Parcells was up on him and was going to grab him....
    to bad mikey got greedy he could ahve gotten someone that might have contributed to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    But I do agree that the loss of that pick is a little disappointing in retrospect.
    That pick should have gone to Bo Scaife!
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Some minds are like concrete, completely mixed up, and permanently set!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Horn80 View Post
    That pick should have gone to Bo Scaife!
    No it should have went to Marion Barber.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronheeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith49 View Post
    sorry javalon, but even if you consider him a fourth rounder it was still a very poor pick. the worst part of it is that the broncos could have still drafted him in later rounds, he was not going to be taken by anyone else. in fact, he may have gone undrafted alltogether and the broncos could have just invited him to camp to take a look, but to waste that pick i think was a bit harsh.
    This isnt true... It was said afterwards that Dallas was going to get him with their next pick if we didnt get him then on the first day. I think Dallas had a pick like 4 or 5 spots later and word was Parcells was up on him and was going to grab him....
    Not to mention that we didn't have another pick until the 6th round. If the Broncos thought he was worth a shot they couldn't count on him lasting through the 4th and 5th, especially with rumors swirling that the Cowboys and a couple others were interested, as you mentioned.

It was a calculated risk that didn't work out. Any other year and that's a 4th round pick. Disappointing, sure, but no big whoop.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Not to mention that we didn't have another pick until the 6th round. If the Broncos thought he was worth a shot they couldn't count on him lasting through the 4th and 5th, especially with rumors swirling that the Cowboys and a couple others were interested, as you mentioned.

It was a calculated risk that didn't work out. Any other year and that's a 4th round pick. Disappointing, sure, but no big whoop.

not to nit-pick but a 4th round choice would have been on day 2

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
    2 56 Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma State
    3 76 Karl Paymah CB Washington State
    3 97 Domonique Foxworth CB Maryland
    3 101 Maurice Clarett RB Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ View Post

He's saying that any other year and that's a 4th round pick, since the 101st player selected is typically in the 4th round of the draft.

If you'll notice, I said "any other year". There were possibly the most ever compensatory 3rd round picks given out that year and ours was the very last one. So, any other year and that pick is a 4th rounder.

By all means, take a look at how many other years the 101st pick was in the third round and not the fourth....
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    He's saying that any other year and that's a 4th round pick, since the 101st player selected is typically in the 4th round of the draft.
    Thanks for getting it. I was starting to wonder if I shouldn't have spelled it out in more detail.
    ------

If you'll notice, I said "any other year". There were possibly the most ever compensatory 3rd round picks given out that year and ours was the very last one. So, any other year and that pick is a 4th rounder.

By all means, take a look at how many other years the 101st pick was in the third round and not the fourth....
    yes your correct but he was one of our first day 3rd choices we could have had a real player instead of a reach.

Marion Barbers name comes to mind.

yes your correct but he was one of our first day 3rd choices we could have had a real player instead of a reach.

Marion Barbers name comes to mind.
    So shoulda, coulda, woulda, doesnt change it. It water under the bridge. As you are inclined it's time get past it.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Thanks for getting it. I was starting to wonder if I shouldn't have spelled it out in more detail.

Nah I think most of us get it.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Smith49 View Post
    sorry javalon, but even if you consider him a fourth rounder it was still a very poor pick. the worst part of it is that the broncos could have still drafted him in later rounds, he was not going to be taken by anyone else. in fact, he may have gone undrafted alltogether and the broncos could have just invited him to camp to take a look, but to waste that pick i think was a bit harsh.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Marcus Thomas? The Cowboys were going to take him 1 pick after the Broncos.

I think the Cowboys had a pick several behind the Broncos in the 4th round and might have taken Clarett. I bet they were damn glad Shanahan saved them from that blunder!

If they complained about Shanny swooping in to grab Thomas before them, he could point out that he saved them from "Club-Fed" Clarett!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg