Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brandon Marshall

Is anyone else here becoming concerned about Brandon Marshall?

We all know that he has the ability to be a legitimate starter, however his ongoing injuries prior to, and, during camp this year are really holding both him and the team back. In conjunction with this, Shanahan seems to be running out of patience, if the press conference is anything to go by.

If his injury holds him out for much longer, I can't see him making any sort of impact till well into the season.

Thoughts?

I have a feeling by the time Marshall comes back Stokley will have earned the #2 spot and will keep a strong hold on it.

Dont worry he will be number 2 at start of season B stock number 3, he will be back in 5 days get some tcamp in and he will be in all preseasons games just wait!
    PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY

If Marshall isn't ready, and Stokley starts opposite Walker, Javon will get doubled up every play and our passing game will be sorry.

Well lets hope Shanny's little press outing yesterday wakes him up...If Marshall is still out past the 2nd pre-season game then i will start to panic

The good news is Denver should be getting Sheffler back soon and he is just as important,because without him denver has no one to stretch the middle of the field

I have to think honestly that the way Stokley is playing and the way i have seen him play in both Baltimore and Indy he is due a shot at being the Number 2 receiver. But you never know with Coach Shanahan he has that i'll play who is best for that day. I do think Marshall is hurting his chances more and more at earning a starting role though!!!!
    Broncos Fan/Colorado Native Stuck In VA[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

im not that concerned...

even if stokley does get the #2 spot, marshall will still make the field on the 3+ WR sets as the #2 guy because stokley is a better route runner and is far better in the slot than marshall is...

stokley is one of the leagues best slot receivers and i would highly doubt if shanahan overworks him...

brandon will come good in the preseason...

he has the ability to go all the way every play...

stokley does not...

but him sitting out is not helping his cause...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

I'm extremely concerned about Marshall. It's not about the reps, it's about Shanny's doghouse. We all know that once you're in it, you're in it until you're traded or cut. Shanny has zero tolerance for young, unproven players that don't perform or are injured often. Guys like Rod Smith get a pass because he's a vet who has poured his heart and soul into this organization. Marshall hasn't really done anything to warrant a starting spot opposite of Walker and if he's not careful and doesn't hurry up and get back out there, he's going to be looking at #5 WR (behind Walker, Stokely, Rod, and Hixon/Kircus) to start the season.

We've all seen Shanny do it before (Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Deltha), and we all know that it's nearly impossible to crawl back up that depth chart after the season starts unless the guy in front of you is just terrible. Shanny knows he has talent and a ton of potential, but he's demoted guys before for not doing their job (for whatever reason) even if it means someone who isn't as good plays in their place. he also has no problems cutting guys who are hurt and can't get on the field. I am really hoping this will be B Marsh's year to break out, but if he can't get over these injuries and get to camp, I doubt we'll see much of him at all this year, healthy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    If Marshall isn't ready, and Stokley starts opposite Walker, Javon will get doubled up every play and our passing game will be sorry.
    I have to agree. Marshall and Scheffler will be counted on heavily. Marshall, if healthy, has to get on the field. Not only that he has to get his touches. He'll be a major threat. Not to take anything away from Stokley but for the offense to be special, Marshall has GOT to step up.

I heard somewhere yesterday that Marshall should be in camp by Monday. I dont think the doctors have cleared him to play yet.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

I just read this..
    Broncos | Marshall not expected to play preseason opener
    Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:11:18 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall (thigh, groin) will likely not play in the team's preseason opener Aug. 13.

Quote Originally Posted by JWALKER84 View Post
    I just read this..
    Broncos | Marshall not expected to play preseason opener
    Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:11:18 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall (thigh, groin) will likely not play in the team's preseason opener Aug. 13.
    I hope this isn't true because with him missing TC, he will neede all the reps he can get with Cutler and the offense.

I can't see Marshall starting when the season begins. He's already in Shanny's doghouse and we know how that always turns out. If he gets back in and really shows what he gots than maybe he will start but as of right now I'm guessing Shanny doens't see him as a reliable player.

I agree that he needs to get on the field ASAP. However we also have to keep in mind HE says he wants to get out there and play. Its the trainers who are saying no. So yeah shanny i believe is trying to light a fire in him, but at the same time the doctors are prolly saying he isnt ready yet and not clearing him to play. And i for one think shanny understands that but is just trying to scare him a little bit so when he does come back he performes at a VERY HIGH level and wins that #2 spot.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

why are you guys forgetting rod smith?

rod will be the number 2

best stokley and brandon can be is number 3