Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    my job depends on me being there everyday and if i am not, well i guess i will be unemployed.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13 View Post
    I have a feeling by the time Marshall comes back Stokley will have earned the #2 spot and will keep a strong hold on it.
    I agree,Stokely is taking over the #2 receiver position he has smoked us for years.Its good to finally have him on our side burning other teams IMO.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I agree,Stokely is taking over the #2 receiver position he has smoked us for years.Its good to finally have him on our side burning other teams IMO.
    All I have to say is he burned us two years in a row at the 3rd string level, why did it take this long to get him in here?
    I guess its better late than never.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    All I have to say is he burned us two years in a row at the 3rd string level, why did it take this long to get him in here?
    I guess its better late than never.
    Sometimes you have to bump your head twice to remember


    What a bargin player!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
    I agree that he needs to get on the field ASAP. However we also have to keep in mind HE says he wants to get out there and play. Its the trainers who are saying no. So yeah shanny i believe is trying to light a fire in him, but at the same time the doctors are prolly saying he isnt ready yet and not clearing him to play. And i for one think shanny understands that but is just trying to scare him a little bit so when he does come back he performes at a VERY HIGH level and wins that #2 spot.
    x2. 1CP4U. Shanny knows that the Dr.'s are the ones not clearing him to play so he simply CANNOT go period. It's a motivation technique. If he's uncertain about his starting position, then he's gonna play hard when he's cleared to show what he's got. Stokely is a #3 receiver by nature. Putting him in the 2 would be unnatural for him. Hopefully Rod will make a healthy return and be our #3, that would push Stoke to the 4. Shoot, if they all were healthy we'd have a tremendous corps of receivers. IF.
    [B]Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV. [/B][IMG]http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/interviews/JeffreyRocL.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/jaycutlerfanclub/Fan%20Cards/frohawk27.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by FroHawk27 View Post
    x2. 1CP4U. Shanny knows that the Dr.'s are the ones not clearing him to play so he simply CANNOT go period. It's a motivation technique. If he's uncertain about his starting position, then he's gonna play hard when he's cleared to show what he's got. Stokely is a #3 receiver by nature. Putting him in the 2 would be unnatural for him. Hopefully Rod will make a healthy return and be our #3, that would push Stoke to the 4. Shoot, if they all were healthy we'd have a tremendous corps of receivers. IF.
    You are exactly right. And it is definately the IF that is the issue. Similar to persisiting with a player for too long on potential as opposed to results, the Broncos cannot go intot he season simply hoping that everything is going to work out.

    I think Marshall can be a top receiver for a long time, but I also want a successfull year this year, and for that to happen, he needs to be part of it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489

    Well . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    why are you guys forgetting rod smith?

    rod will be the number 2


    best stokley and brandon can be is number 3
    Many people believe Rod has played his last game, me included.

    A high possibility still exists he will be placed on regular season PUP, which
    means he will not be available until the middle of the season. By then, he
    will then have to get into game shape without the benefit of training camp,
    much less the usual things he does to stay in shape. It may be the end of
    the season before he gets there. Add to that Rod is 37, in the twilight of
    his career. I'm just not holding out much hope in his case.

    Regarding Stokley, if Marshall isn't ready and Stokley has to assume #2, I
    believe he will do a fine job. His route running is just sick, and he has
    deceptive speed, and smarts that won't quit . . . many of the qualities we
    enjoyed in Eddie Mac. (I don't know if Stokley can approach Mac's toughness,
    but he has a lot of the other attributes.)

    We also have TEs who can take up much of the slack in Scheffler, Graham,
    and Jackson . . . and Henry, who reportedly is an excellent receiver out of the
    backfield. We would be better with Marshall in there, of course, but if not
    we'll be all right.

    IMHO.

    -----
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-05-2007 at 09:35 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    If Marshall isn't ready, and Stokley starts opposite Walker, Javon will get doubled up every play and our passing game will be sorry.
    I take it you don't know much of Stokely? His routes are easily the best on the team. His hands, amongst the best on the team. His speed is good and his cutting ability is good. He understands how to set up his opponent and he snatches the ball at it's highest point when in traffic.

    His only downside is his size. He's not very big and I've not had a chance to observe him blocking. Obvioulsy Brandon Marshall has a better chance to be an every down player b/c of his size and athleticsm.

    Simply put, I'd like to see both Marshall and Stokely on the field healthy. The key is getting Scheff back. Daniel Graham can't consistently get down field and open things up for Cutler. Scheff can. Perhaps Nate Jackson can as well, but he's nowhere near as effective as Scheff. We need Scheff back as much as we need Brandon Marshall. In fact, I think Stokely will be an effective 2nd WR provided Scheff is in the lineup acting as Cutlers relief valve and opening things up down the middle of the field. SoCalBronco or Kaylore mentioned the same thing earlier in the week in one of their reports on the Mane.

    Walker, Scheff, Marshall/Stokely/Henry, Kircus, Hixon, Morgan in order of importance for Jay Cutler
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Many people believe Rod has played his last game, me included.

    A high possibility still exists he will be placed on IR, which means he will not be
    available until the middle of the season
    . By then, he will then have to get into
    game shape without the benefit of training camp, much less the usual things he
    does to stay in shape. It may be the end of the season before he gets there.
    Add to that Rod is 37, in the twilight of his career. I'm just not holding out
    much hope in his case.

    Regarding Stokley, if Marshall isn't ready and Stokley has to assume #2, I
    believe he will do a fine job. His route running is just sick, and he has
    deceptive speed, and smarts that won't quit . . . many of the qualities we
    enjoyed in Eddie Mac. (I don't know if Stokley can approach Mac's toughness,
    but he has a lot of the other attributes.)

    We also have TEs who can take up much of the slack in Scheffler, Graham,
    and Jackson . . . and Henry, who reportedly is an excellent receiver out of the
    backfield. We would be better with Marshall in there, of course, but if not
    we'll be all right.

    IMHO.

    -----
    I assume you're referring to the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list in which he can/must return by week 7. The IR puts him away for the season.
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    I assume you're referring to the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list in which he can/must return by week 7. The IR puts him away for the season.
    So noted, so corrected. Thank you.

    -----

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489

    Well . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    I take it you don't know much of Stokely? His routes are easily the best on the team. His hands, amongst the best on the team. His speed is good and his cutting ability is good. He understands how to set up his opponent and he snatches the ball at it's highest point when in traffic.

    His only downside is his size. He's not very big and I've not had a chance to observe him blocking. Obvioulsy Brandon Marshall has a better chance to be an every down player b/c of his size and athleticsm.

    Simply put, I'd like to see both Marshall and Stokely on the field healthy. The key is getting Scheff back. Daniel Graham can't consistently get down field and open things up for Cutler. Scheff can. Perhaps Nate Jackson can as well, but he's nowhere near as effective as Scheff. We need Scheff back as much as we need Brandon Marshall. In fact, I think Stokely will be an effective 2nd WR provided Scheff is in the lineup acting as Cutlers relief valve and opening things up down the middle of the field. SoCalBronco or Kaylore mentioned the same thing earlier in the week in one of their reports on the Mane.

    Walker, Scheff, Marshall/Stokely/Henry, Kircus, Hixon, Morgan in order of importance for Jay Cutler
    Stokley is 5-11 and 193 lbs. While he is no Marshall when it comes to size, he is not tiny, and that is a
    good body weight for his height. At 6-0 and 200 lbs., Rod isn't huge, either, but he is a terrific blocker.
    So that doesn't concern me a whole lot, either, at least from a size perspective.

    -----

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Stokley is 5-11 and 193 lbs. While he is no Marshall when it comes to size, he is not tiny, and that is a
    good body weight for his height. At 6-0 and 200 lbs., Rod isn't huge, either, but he is a terrific blocker.
    So that doesn't concern me a whole lot, either, at least from a size perspective.

    -----
    Rod Smith is no ordinary man and while I have a great respect for Brandon Stokely, I assume he has less heart than Rod or else he'd be our #1 as he is a better athlete than Rod. NO MORE COMPAIRING ROD!!! It's just not fair to whomever is being compaired against him. Rod would have been a great safety, a great banker, a great anything with his worth ethic. Brandon Marshall is 230 lbs and 6'5" and is fair to say that he won't be as good as Rod...EVER! We're talking about a potential HOFer here. Lower your standards just a bit if you're going to compare Stokely!!!

    Bottom line though, I have confidence in Stokely as the #2. He won't set the world on fire, but 850 yards and 4 or 5 scores is certainly within reason.
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    Rod Smith is no ordinary man and while I have a great respect for Brandon Stokely, I assume he has less heart than Rod or else he'd be our #1 as he is a better athlete than Rod. NO MORE COMPAIRING ROD!!! It's just not fair to whomever is being compaired against him. Rod would have been a great safety, a great banker, a great anything with his worth ethic. Brandon Marshall is 230 lbs and 6'5" and is fair to say that he won't be as good as Rod...EVER! We're talking about a potential HOFer here. Lower your standards just a bit if you're going to compare Stokely!!!

    Bottom line though, I have confidence in Stokely as the #2. He won't set the world on fire, but 850 yards and 4 or 5 scores is certainly within reason.
    You know, I really resent someone saying, "Don't mention _____ in the same
    breath as _______ ." Sorry, but that is ridiculous. They are pros, they put on
    their pants one leg at a time, and most have only two cajones.

    Rod is my favorite Bronco. But I hesitate to say he is the best receiver we
    ever had. That brings up memories of one Lionel Taylor. Anyway, I am not
    going to say another receiver will never be as good or better than Rod.
    Neither Stokley nor Marshall may be as good, but you never know. I believe
    Javon is already better than Rod.

    Now, please understand the gist of my comparison. I was making the point that
    size is not necessarily a great determinant as to the quality of a blocker. It had
    nothing to do with the general comparison of two receivers. So let's get off that
    "don't compare with" kick.

    -----
    Last edited by topscribe; 08-05-2007 at 10:07 AM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10

    Post

    Maybe we can pick up another wide reciever to show we have some depth in the position or teams will shut us down out there.Michael from greeley

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    I take it you don't know much of Stokely? His routes are easily the best on the team. His hands, amongst the best on the team. His speed is good and his cutting ability is good. He understands how to set up his opponent and he snatches the ball at it's highest point when in traffic.

    His only downside is his size. He's not very big and I've not had a chance to observe him blocking. Obvioulsy Brandon Marshall has a better chance to be an every down player b/c of his size and athleticsm.

    Simply put, I'd like to see both Marshall and Stokely on the field healthy. The key is getting Scheff back. Daniel Graham can't consistently get down field and open things up for Cutler. Scheff can. Perhaps Nate Jackson can as well, but he's nowhere near as effective as Scheff. We need Scheff back as much as we need Brandon Marshall. In fact, I think Stokely will be an effective 2nd WR provided Scheff is in the lineup acting as Cutlers relief valve and opening things up down the middle of the field. SoCalBronco or Kaylore mentioned the same thing earlier in the week in one of their reports on the Mane.

    Walker, Scheff, Marshall/Stokely/Henry, Kircus, Hixon, Morgan in order of importance for Jay Cutler

    I know plenty about Stokley. He's a great #3, but he isn'y going to take any help away from Walker.

    If Stokley is starting opposite Walker, it will be a carbon copy of last year where Walker is getting doubled up, and also safety help at times.

    We need a WR that can take pressure off of him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •