Hybrid View

Javon and Stokley also sidelined by injury today

Andrew Mason's MORNING REPORT is up on his blog...

Of not. Brandon Stokley was held out due to a thigh injury and this fine piece of news....

Javon Walker became the latest wide receiver to encounter an infirmity when he pulled up holding his upper left leg while running a pass route during two-minute drill work midway through the session. Walker remained on the field for two more snaps and then went to the sidelines. He did not return for the remainder of the day. “He got a little tightness,” Shanahan said. “I wasn’t sure if he cramped up, but he didn’t pull anything. It just got a little tight, so we kept him out.”
    -- ANDREW MASON 8/3/07
    Ouch... our receivers need to catch a break...
    Denver Obsession
    www.BroncoTalk.net
    My Denver Obsession has moved to BroncoTalk!

So, we will really be a running team this season. It will be fun going into the season with 6 receivers on the PUP list and no active ones!

Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.

Ok, instead of calling off one training camp, maybe it's time to call the whole thing off.....geez!
    Ready for the friggen season already!

we do, but thankfully they are not out....fear of saying it......you can figure out what i was going to say.

we should be full throttle for game 1.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by rbk_bronco View Post
    Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.
    Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps!
    Denver Obsession
    www.BroncoTalk.net
    My Denver Obsession has moved to BroncoTalk!

Quote Originally Posted by denverobsession View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps!
    I am really hoping Hixon and Kircus step up now, especially Hixon he has speed and he's pretty big to so it would be nice to have him as our 4th WR, and maybe third when Stokley moves on.

In related news, I just pulled an eye muscle reading the list of injured receivers, and am now listed as questionable for the afternoon list...
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Damn.

In my opinion Javon is maybe the most important member on the team. With no Javon then Cutler has no target unless BMarsh turns out amazing. Stokely, while good, isn't a guy you want to throw to all the time.

Javon will probably be back soon but I think our receivers need to take it easy.

How about a magic trick?