Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Virtual Trading Cards Discontinued

This will likely come as bad news to anyone who frequents this forum, but we are discontinuing our virtual trading card program.

I know there are people who really, really enjoyed collecting them, trading them and so on. But ultimately it became a question of our resources. The total number of people who collected the cards was relatively small, and the cards took a LOT of work to build, maintain, troubleshoot, etc. We had to make the tough decision to use the resources on other things we think more people will enjoy.

We're not planning to actually delete portfolios any time in the immediate future, but I imagine we will some time before the end of the season. I suggest making physical copies of your cards if you want them fairly soon.

Again, I'm sure this is disappointing news. Hopefully you'll continue to use our message boards, BroncosCountry.com, DenverBroncos.com, our Game Day Experience application, downloadable locker and other great online items.

Thanks for your continued support, and as always please feel free to contact me at steve.harbula@broncos.nfl.net if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Ouch......There they go....

Unhappy

Needless to say, I am bummed.

Well it'll cut down on the "I need" "You Got?" "I got extras of..." threads....

PEACE!!!
    JEEP
    O||||O
    []-----[]

PEACE!!!

this sucks. i was gonna start this year. guess im gonna delete the lockeroom program off the computer
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    this sucks. i was gonna start this year. guess im gonna delete the lockeroom program off the computer

The locker can still be used for other things. It can send you e-mails about the team with lots of info. I wont be deleting mine because of this.

However, I did unstick the other threads that explained the cards, how to get them, yada yada.

No need for them anymore.

I had a feeling this was going to happen, but even still......

I have to say this honestly doesn't come as a shock to me... and that's BEFORE JW told me that they would probably be discontinued.

If I can find someone who knows flash programming well with a web interface, I would be willing to work with them on making a brand new program that's not affiliated with the Broncos, but us as fans.

I enjoyed getting my Broncos DVD Last year(I havn't watched it all yet).

But it was a fun thing.

I guess we can delete those accounts with 0 posts who ONLY go on this site to check out the trading cards.

Just playing but this does suck.

I was looking forward to this too.

I am officially saddened. I guess I will be deleting my locker now since I only used it for that :/

Sad day in the mother land.

I just liked collecting them, I didn't need the gift at the end of the season, I just thought the cards were cool. Maybe someone else will make em someday.

Come to think of it, i just liked the pictures

I was gunna start collecting them this year...

...ah well, at least I don't know what I'm missing!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/nate44db/marshallsig2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/nate44db/jersey-1.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

I know this is not the right place to cry about this. but i am really upset with the changes in the board as of late. i HATE the white back ground. I am kinda torqued that they couldnt have told us earlier about the card thing. You all should think about deleteing the LR because i wont be useing it and i would like to imagine that alot of other folks wont be either. Since you guys are deleting this stuff(card Program) what is it you plan to do to replace it if anything?
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Cards

I'm quite sadden that the cards have been discontinued. I loved being able to tell other team fans how great the Broncos site is. With the blogs, video and the cards no other team site was as great as the Broncos. I also used the cards to learn about the players.
    I loved being able to look forward to getting them wherever I was. I made sure the I got to a computer so that I would not miss my cards. It added another level of excitement to the football season.
    So sorry that you did not have the resources, maybe some of the fans would like to help you out if possible.
    Is there a way that they can have the cards without the movement static not dynamic?
    When do you think you will be deleting the cards?
    Again if there is anyway you can continue with them please do?
    Thanks
    Vickie (Broncoram)
    I Believe in the Denver Broncos

Now how in the hell am I meant to win stuff???
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Cards

White Dragon,
    If you find someone to do the cards please let me know I would love to continue with this. Also if anyone else does anything about the cards let me know.
    GO BRONCOS!!
    Vickie (Broncoram)
    I Believe in the Denver Broncos

This bites.