• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JWinn
    Go Broncos!
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
    That's pretty interesting. I had never seen that before. How long has that been around?
    At least the last two seasons.

I've won a few things by being one of the first 50 to login.

Comment

• fcspikeit
      Special Teams
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JWinn View Post

When does the clock start 30 minutes before game time? Just wondering because it said it covered the game 30 minutes before and after.
      _
      Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
      All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

• JWinn
        Go Broncos!
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fcspikeit View Post
        When does the clock start 30 minutes before game time? Just wondering because it said it covered the game 30 minutes before and after.

Yup, 30 minutes before.
        BUt I believe they are going to upgrade that as well if I remember right. Changes could come I suppose. Find out Monday Night!

Comment

• tnedator
          All-Pro
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by JWinn View Post

Hmmm, never knew about it. Since I typically am on the PC or laptop while watching the game, I will start checking that out. Do they run trivia during the game?
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• JWinn
            Go Broncos!
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
            Hmmm, never knew about it. Since I typically am on the PC or laptop while watching the game, I will start checking that out. Do they run trivia during the game?

At halftime.

Look at my profile. The trivia points and prediction points.

Those are from last years GDX.

Comment

• mikesuk
              Practice Squad
              • Sep 2005

Upset

Well, I am a little upset about all this. I have to say that the only reason I ever came here was the cards. I am not really a Broncos fan, or even a football fan. But I am a collector freak. So I was here from the git-go collecting every card I could get my hands on.

While I was here collecting cards, I found my way around the site and learned a bit about the Broncos. But I guess I won't be doing that anymore. I'm sorry you guys decided to close up shop, but I guess the site is for diehard fans and not for people like me. So have fun. You won't see me again...

Comment

• JWinn
                Go Broncos!
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mikesuk View Post
                Well, I am a little upset about all this. I have to say that the only reason I ever came here was the cards. I am not really a Broncos fan, or even a football fan. But I am a collector freak. So I was here from the git-go collecting every card I could get my hands on.

While I was here collecting cards, I found my way around the site and learned a bit about the Broncos. But I guess I won't be doing that anymore. I'm sorry you guys decided to close up shop, but I guess the site is for diehard fans and not for people like me. So have fun. You won't see me again...
                I am not so sure you should give up on us so quickly. I am hoping they replace the cards with something else interactive, as this was.

Please know that this card program was really a headache for the team, and this decision was not reached easily. I talked at length with Steve about this. There were SO MANY problems this last year with the whole program. People's cards missing, well, you were here, you read all the problems people had.

It just became too much for them, and required too much work to keep the program successful.

Which I believe it was, successful, despite the low number of users it had.

As I said though, I have hope they will replace it with something. I dont KNOW that though, but it just makes sense to me.

It just seems logical to me they will replace it with something else at some point.

It cant hurt to check back every once in a while. Ya never know....

If not though, thanks for being part of the program!

Comment

• bearbroncoilly
                  Practice Squad
                  • Sep 2006

I am really sorry to hear that the virtual cards will be no longer, but certainly understand the reasoning. Thank you for the time that has been put into them and the fun it was collecting them.

sig by bearbroncoilly

Comment

• Elyeh
                    Practice Squad
                    • Nov 2004

Well this Sucks

Comment

• Broncinator
                      Practice Squad
                      • Sep 2004

Thank You Broncos!

I had a lot of fun collecting the cards. I will miss it very much. It was a real enjoyment to come to this part of the board and trade and talk to everyone. We all agreed on everything and tried to help one another out when we could. Hopefully there will be another part of the board that will be this way, somewhere everyone can get along, laugh and just have a good time being a fan, being who they are. till then.......
                      Have allways been Broncos & will allways be Broncos... ORANGE & BLUE FOREVER BABY!!!
                      Thanks SixxGunz for the Avatar! Thanks Vulcan for the FanClub Card!

Comment

• RkyMtAngel
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jul 2003

Thank you.........

I am crushed that this is being discontinued. I will really miss it!

I enjoyed collecting the awesome cards. I met some wonderful friends over the few years, especially you JWinn you are the best! I will continue to check the forums to see whats going on and maybe they will come up with something new in the near future, I sure hope so!

Thank you Steve for all you did to bring us these cards, I know it wasn't easy, and those great gifts for all that completed the sets was an added bonus. It is things like this that make being a BRONCO fan so special

Here's to a new season .......GO BRONCOS!!!!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        No matter what the outcome of any season is... Win or Lose...
                        My heart belongs to my BRONCOS Team and I will FOREVER be a BRONCOS Fan!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• JWinn
                          Go Broncos!
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by RkyMtAngel View Post
                          I am crushed that this is being discontinued. I will really miss it!

I enjoyed collecting the awesome cards. I met some wonderful friends over the few years, especially you JWinn you are the best! I will continue to check the forums to see whats going on and maybe they will come up with something new in the near future, I sure hope so!

Thank you Steve for all you did to bring us these cards, I know it wasn't easy, and those great gifts for all that completed the sets was an added bonus. It is things like this that make being a BRONCO fan so special

Here's to a new season .......GO BRONCOS!!!!

As you know Angel, THIS was my favorite part of this entire website. I also met some great people, you among them.

I am REALLY gonna miss this.

Thank you. And DONT BE A STRANGER!!!

or I'll ban you, lol.

Just kidding of course.

Comment

• winterdawn2
                            Practice Squad
                            • Aug 2007

trapped in cheifs land

i'm new to this but was told how great the cards were. as you can see i live in kansas and it's very difficult to get any news about the broncos here. i was told i could use the cards to find out about the players. i guess i'll have figure another way.

Comment

• JWinn
                              Go Broncos!
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by winterdawn2 View Post
                              i'm new to this but was told how great the cards were. as you can see i live in kansas and it's very difficult to get any news about the broncos here. i was told i could use the cards to find out about the players. i guess i'll have figure another way.

Did you miss this somehow?

Official site of the Denver Broncos

Here you will find everything you can probably POSSIBLY want to know about the players.

Well, maybe not EVERYTHING. lol

But an AWFUL LOT!!!

Current players, old players, coaches, cheerleaders, etc, etc, etc.

Losing the cards sucks, but it's not like we no longer have any place to find info about the players online, provided by the team here, lol.dy is as dissapointed as I.

It was just too much trouble. The system, while yeah, it WORKED, was way more hassle for the staff than it was worth.

Ya know, you buy a new digital camera, or phone, lol and it works pretty cool. Eventually, it starts to not work here and there, It's feature break down.

Ya toss it.

Or put it up in a closet shelf to do so in four years, or in a few months as is the case here.

Comment

• thesith2001
                                Practice Squad
                                • Sep 2003

Virtual trading cards.

Man,what a bummer. But life's a bit** and so is my ex-wife
                                it was fun while it lasted. but i got tired of not being able to get the complete set(s) or forgitting to log in . Oh well.
                                "But that's just my opinion. "Of course I could be wrong".
                                thesith/John

Comment

Working...
                                X