Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That was probably the best first post I've seen . . . even better than mine!
    Yeah, didn't they retire the chisel you used, and hang the stone tablet in the Ring of Fame display case?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Are you a zoomie, !ce?
    Zoomie?

Thanks all for the "CP" and comments.
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    Zoomie?

Thanks all for the "CP" and comments.
    AFA grad. First time anyone has mentioned falcon football here that I've seen in my short stay.

Welcome aboard, we can use solid contributors like you!!

AFA grad. First time anyone has mentioned falcon football here that I've seen in my short stay.

Welcome aboard, we can use solid contributors like you!!
    Nope, not a "Zoomie." I grew up attending a lot of the AFA games though. I sat in the stands watching a Sky Sox game one time. Chad Henning and Dee Dowis were sitting right behind me. They were throwing baseballs into the stands and right as I was about to catch one Chad reached in front of me and snatched it. I was a little bummed out. In about the 3rd inning I felt a couple pieces of ice hit me in the back. I looked back and then up and there they were in the 'press box', "Hey kid, come up here!" They were with a bunch of other players and when I got upstairs they had all signed the ball and gave it to me. I was probably 12 or 13 years old.

At any rate, I don't get a chance to post nearly as often as I'd like so I won't be a 30 post a day type... but hopefully I can contribute a few times per week. Seems like there are a ton of people here!!!
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

Nope, not a "Zoomie." I grew up attending a lot of the AFA games though. I sat in the stands watching a Sky Sox game one time. Chad Henning and Dee Dowis were sitting right behind me. They were throwing baseballs into the stands and right as I was about to catch one Chad reached in front of me and snatched it. I was a little bummed out. In about the 3rd inning I felt a couple pieces of ice hit me in the back. I looked back and then up and there they were in the 'press box', "Hey kid, come up here!" They were with a bunch of other players and when I got upstairs they had all signed the ball and gave it to me. I was probably 12 or 13 years old.

At any rate, I don't get a chance to post nearly as often as I'd like so I won't be a 30 post a day type... but hopefully I can contribute a few times per week. Seems like there are a ton of people here!!!
    Chad and his wife are very nice. I'm sorry he ganked the ball from you...

Chad and his wife are very nice. I'm sorry he ganked the ball from you...
    NO worries, he more than made up for it and is one of my fondest childhood memories. They let me hang with them for an inning or two. Can't remember what we talked about or anything like that... just remember them being really cool. Almost like they realized I was disappointed in not catching the ball and wanting to make it up to me. Chad was recently named to the NCAA HOF. Probably the most deserving Falcon player in my years watching AFA Ball.
    Samuel Johnson

NO worries, he more than made up for it and is one of my fondest childhood memories. They let me hang with them for an inning or two. Can't remember what we talked about or anything like that... just remember them being really cool. Almost like they realized I was disappointed in not catching the ball and wanting to make it up to me. Chad was recently named to the NCAA HOF. Probably the most deserving Falcon player in my years watching AFA Ball.
    And he flew the A-10, which is always a plus in my book (I used to fly it, too).

He's a hoss.

Sorry to hijack MF.

And he flew the A-10, which is always a plus in my book (I used to fly it, too).

He's a hoss.

Sorry to hijack MF.
    That's kewl, I used to work A-10's every once in awhile (Transit Alert) when I was stationed at Tyndall.

What do you do in the Springs? Errr, send me a PM so we don't Hi-jack this thread any more!!! lol I'd imagine you're probably still working for the DoD?
    Samuel Johnson

Yeah, didn't they retire the chisel you used, and hang the stone tablet in the Ring of Fame display case?
    Well, look at it this way . . .

Not too many years into the future, I'll be able to come back and haunt you!

-----

Thanks for the update mindfield,Iceman,and Topscribe

I hope we can keep Ensliger and Harris i believe both OL will make this team.Hearing good things about Cris Kuper was very incouraging i always thought highly of him .Now hearing that he should start for the next 10 years the guy must be frickin awesome in camp.Good Stuff!

Now about the WRs i think Brandan Marshall has a hard time making this team.I hope he gets on the field soon so we can see where he is at,wouldnt want to see Marshall on another team playing against us,he is very strong with a lot of moves.

On the QBs i agree about Hackney making the PS Parsons maybe running out of time.

DL I havent heard anything on Lang he must not be out there, he must be working on the fourth team squad.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 08-04-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks for the camp reports, Mindfield!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Always a pleasure reading your post and thanks again for the great updates

CP for SURE

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, look at it this way . . .

Not too many years into the future, I'll be able to come back and haunt you!

-----

OK, but 'not too many' must mean half a lifetime...

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    .....For all the 'RNJ' haters, let me just re-assure you all that Nate Jackson WILL make the team, probably at the expense of Stephen Alexander. Jackson is just too prominent on too many of the Special Teams units, that he is very likely to make the team yet again. He aslo ran witrh alot of the first and second team Offensive receiver sets yesterday, so the Broncos obviously like him......
    Thank you MindField, you made my day with this

btw: I still miss Jake P. and I think I will always do
    [img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9976/natemaniaaq1.png[/img][IMG]http://static.twoday.net/richieanderson/images/Jax221.jpg[/IMG]
    [Size=3][COLOR=Darkred]Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster[/COLOR][/Size]
    [IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/AbbyMG/Jackson-Natemania.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Thanks for the update mindfield,Iceman,and Topscribe

Now about the WRs i think Brandan Marshall has a hard time making this team.I hope he gets on the field soon so we can see where he is at,wouldnt want to see Marshall on another team playing against us,he is very strong with a lot of moves.
    BMarsh getting cut?

That was good.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!