Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by rbk_bronco View Post
    Great post man, so you actually think Cox can fill Fergusons role when he leaves?
    Cox has looked pretty good, but Abdullah has been outstanding!
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    This is just not true. Veal was very much involved in yesterday's practices, and I would make him the favorite to beat out Burton...now Kennedy is another story, but so far, he has not been impressive.

    People have been trying to write Veal off for two years, and he just keeps making the team...and he adds a different dimension to the D-Line, quickness.
    that sounds vaugely familiar i think a guy or three has been doiing the same thing to nate jackson.

    I think we have a penetrator or two in marcus Thomas, Kennedy. and possibly in warren. I would keep Kennedy or Burton to see if they can pan out as the clogger types.

    Sam adams will be great for this year and who knows what will happen next year. but if he doesnt come back next year we will have to address the position yet again. Veal played at around 290 lbs last year and just not a dominant guy.

    Burton has the size and has played really well and would be a better back up then veal for what we need.

    Heck i could be wrong but that is how i see it
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738

    I don't doubt that your impression they'll veal is correct!

    Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, but you have to look at his competiton for the fourth DT spot...namely Kennedy and Burton. Burton is a short and squatty NT type of player, and Kennedy is a classic underachiever, worse than Gerard Warren's worst critics could mention.

    I just get the impression Veal will be the fourth DT when all is said and done, partially because he is under contract for the future. If the Broncos keep Adams and Kennedy, then half of their DT's have to be replaced in 2008. I think that will factor into the decision making process.
    I'm just praying they don't!

    The Broncos could take a chance on Kennedy playing up to his abilities and hope for the best. Or the could keep Veal and know they'll get nothing!

    Hopefully contract situation has nothing to do with the decision. They can always offer Kennedy/Adams new contracts during the season if they are working out.....Just like they can, and should, replace Veal with the greatest of ease!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    I'm just praying they don't!

    The Broncos could take a chance on Kennedy playing up to his abilities and hope for the best. Or the could keep Veal and know they'll get nothing!

    Hopefully contract situation has nothing to do with the decision. They can always offer Kennedy/Adams new contracts during the season if they are working out.....Just like they can, and should, replace Veal with the greatest of ease!
    Methinks Kennedy is an upgrade over Veal.

    Well, so are a lot of others, come to think of it.

    -----

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Methinks Kennedy is an upgrade over Veal.

    Well, so are a lot of others, come to think of it.

    -----

    Heck! Ted Gregory would be an upgrade.

    Who is that dude that puked on the centers hand? Drozdov? Bring him back....

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Veal's been playing well but I've seen Kennedy get decent push a time or two as well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Veal in Nickel Packages at DT. Right now that lineup consists of Elvis, Ekuban, Warren, and Jarvis. Warren has looked very ordinary this camp, perhaps he's just going through the motions though? At any rate, I think Veal could really get some push in place of Warren. Giving up a lot of size I know and they need a big body to protect Moss and/or Elvis but Warren isn't that guy from what I've seen lately. Hopefully he's just dogging it and will turn it up in the coming weeks.
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    Veal's been playing well but I've seen Kennedy get decent push a time or two as well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Veal in Nickel Packages at DT. Right now that lineup consists of Elvis, Ekuban, Warren, and Jarvis. Warren has looked very ordinary this camp, perhaps he's just going through the motions though? At any rate, I think Veal could really get some push in place of Warren. Giving up a lot of size I know and they need a big body to protect Moss and/or Elvis but Warren isn't that guy from what I've seen lately. Hopefully he's just dogging it and will turn it up in the coming weeks.

    That's great news! If Veal is a better option in any package, the Broncos are ****ing doomed!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    That's great news! If Veal is a better option in any package, the Broncos are ****ing doomed!

    Doomed!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Doomed!!
    You just quoted yourself!!! That's horriblie internet message board etiquette...you're fired! Quickly reinstated upon buying the first round though.

    I'm not saying that Veal is a good option just saying that Warren is a poor option. Personally, I'd put Kennedy in that position. Big body that happens to be a very good penatrator... just what the Dr ordered for a pass D.
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738
    Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    You just quoted yourself!!! That's horriblie internet message board etiquette...you're fired! Quickly reinstated upon buying the first round though.

    I'm not saying that Veal is a good option just saying that Warren is a poor option. Personally, I'd put Kennedy in that position. Big body that happens to be a very good penatrator... just what the Dr ordered for a pass D.

    Fired? Etiquette? W..E!....

    I'm just saying if Veal is a better option than Warren in any situation the Broncos are ****ed!

    What I really mean is that I find it hard to believe that Veal is better than Warren on his worst day.

    Even if Warren is cut tomorrow and Demetrin Veal is promoted to 1st team, you could never convince me it was because Veal is better.....

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    569
    Being far away from the action and relying solely on reports from camp and sound gutfeeling to make judgements I have to say, I think you are a little off target on the defense.

    On the defensive line, Moss, Crowder, Thomas, Adams, Warren, Ekuban, Dumervil and Engelberger look like locks. So that is 8 players, with 5 ends and 3 tackles, now at least one more tackle will make the squad. I think that will be Kennedy, Adams gets winded and needs to be spelled regularly, Veal couldn't spell anybody on a running down so he is useless in that situation and that leaves too much pressure on Thomas. I think they take Kennedy because he can play in passing situations and he can spell Adams in normal play.

    I do believe there is a chance 10 players will make the D-line, so Lang, Veal, Burton and McKinley are fighting to make the hypothetical 10th spot in my view.

    On LB I think we will keep 6, DD Lewis, DJ Williams, Gold, Louis Green and Webster are locks. If Holdman is able to come back during camp from his injury he will make the 6th spot.

    In the secondary, I think we will keep the big 4 CB's and the big 4 S's as well as either Cargile og Harris to play on special teams.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Thanks for the reports, and maybe I'll get to see you if I do get down there next year.

    Anyways, I think you'll continue to be impressed by Crowder. I know that Kaylore didn't think too much of him either, but that didn't stop him from being honest in his camp reports and reporting that overall he had been doing a good job.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean he's the most impressive one out there. Moss is hands down the most explosive. Crowder is doing well and growing in degrees, but still lacks a quick first step. Is he good against the run? Yeah. Is he good at rushing the passer? Not really. When asked what the biggest concern for the team was last year when the offense was looking bad under Plummer, Shanahan said the pass rush. That's why Jarvis will do more for this team than Crowder will. And my money is still on Burton. I have a feeling he's going to get bumped up the depth chart come Monday morning.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    with the deals veal mckinley got how hard is it for denver to cut them. how long is burton signed for. i look for denver to carry 10 Ends and Tackles due to the question ofwholll be here next year.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    with the deals veal mckinley got how hard is it for denver to cut them. how long is burton signed for. i look for denver to carry 10 Ends and Tackles due to the question ofwholll be here next year.
    I have yet to see Shanny look at anything but the performance on the field in
    evaluating a dept chart. He has booted first-rounders and started FAs. Neither
    that nor contracts matters to him. Only wins.

    Who stays and who goes will depend on who wins the battles on the field.

    -----

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I have yet to see Shanny look at anything but the performance on the field in
    evaluating a dept chart. He has booted first-rounders and started FAs. Neither
    that nor contracts matters to him. Only wins.

    Who stays and who goes will depend on who wins the battles on the field.

    -----
    This is a half-truth, but I do think that the contracts do matter.

    Obviously Bly played at a high level this camp, but he wouldn't be benched over Foxworth even if he started to struggle. Too much investment in him.

    Where I agree that at some positions it might be different, but in regards to our players who have the big contracts - it does matter. IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •