Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

To clear the air....

Okay, I see a lot of people making statements about knee injuries and the amount of pain, the looseness, the type of twisting, the fact that he walked off in the end etc. I'd just like to set a couple of things straight.

Truth is, as Shanahan said, nobody will know the extent of the knee injury until an MRI is done. The remainder of this stuff is meaningless. There is a continuum here, a twisted knee (on the benign end) means a pull or stretch of ligaments and tendons (microtears) resulting in pain and inflammation. "An ACL" or "an MCL" is typically a partial or complete tear of one of those ligaments. You can have intense pain or no pain from both ends of the spectrum. You can walk, or continue to play on it and still have a pretty bad injury. Conversely you can have intense symptoms and just have a "sprained" or "twisted" knee. The "looseness" refers to the "drawer test" that can sometimes be present on someone with a full ACL - but this isn't 100% diagnostic.

As someone else commented on, you can have multiple injuries. Sometimes the meniscus can become involved as well. The type of injury which is usually from a shot to the knee from the lateral side along with twisting can result in the "unhappy triad" which is an MCL, ACL and medial meniscus injury (the MCL is actually attached to the medial meniscus). So there is a chance all of these are injured. Other times, a certain type of twisting injury can result in an isolated meniscus tear. Still others (usually a sudden stop or cutting on the field) can result in isolated ACLs. There are lots of possibilities and lots of scenarios.

The end result is, if something is torn, he'll be out for awhile. If not, hopefully its just a short time. The MRI will happen and then we'll know.

I agree with some of the above though, he is JUST one player, and a rookie at that. If our SB chances hinge on him alone, then we probably weren't a SB team to begin with (I still think we are, but just making a point - one player doesn't make or break the season). So buck up!
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Has anyone heard when the MRI will be done, or are they doing it as soon as the swelling goes down?

Didn't Nick Ferguson shred his knee against Pitt and still play?

Have to hold our breath and hope for a positive MRI... This has been one helluva off-season huh?

I hear the Colts lost Anthony McFarland to a knee injury as well. Seems like all you do in Pre-season is hope to stay healthy.

I am no doctor, but it just sounds like a knee sprain, twist, etc. I DID however endure a complete ACL tear this February, and I couldn't even walk after tearing it during a basketball game, so here's hoping for Jarvis!

Come back healthy soon, Moss, Marshall, Scheffler, and Smith! We need you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    I seem to remember Olandis Gary finishing the rest of a football game without realizing he had torn his ACL. Being able to put weight on it doesn't mean it's not that bad. (Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. )

I really hope this isn't serious as it sounds like he was coming along really quick for a rookie and was likely to be a contributor right away. Of course, I wish him well just a person as I'm sure this would devestate him emotionally, as well.

Get well quick, Jarvis!
    My niece twice tore her ACL in gymnastics. They don't do surgery until the swelling goes down. While they wanted her on crutches, she could walk around without them.

You are right about Gary. I had forgotten about that, but he finished the game out as you say.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

To me there are to many injuries that happen between TC and the preseason for all teams. Its a long grind of a season as it is. I am in favor of having only 2 preseason games a year only, 3 Max.

This sucks....

Before Moss went down today the pass rush was anything but certain. In fact, the last time we saw the Broncos play the pass rush was pathetic.

I'm hoping for the best, but even assuming it's just a sprain or "twist", how much is a hobbled rookie going to help an anemic pass rush?

I would hope that, even before Moss was injured, Shanahan at least contacted Rice....And now he'd be crazy not to......But I'm betting that he sticks his head in the sand again!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Because before this injury the seemingly eternal search for a pass rush continues.

Get well Jarvis Moss. You're the only hope Shanahan has given the pass rush since Little Elvis and the Browncos.

Good luck Broncos, this has already been a rough year...

According to CBS 4 sports, the latest news is they think he has a minor sprain. They are still awaiting the results of the MRI but he was seen walking around the facility earlier this afternoon.

So lets hope that MRI comes back and all is good
    Last edited by Botan; 08-06-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Before Moss went down today the pass rush was anything but certain. In fact, the last time we saw the Broncos play the pass rush was pathetic.

I'm hoping for the best, but even assuming it's just a sprain or "twist", how much is a hobbled rookie going to help an anemic pass rush?

I would hope that, even before Moss was injured, Shanahan at least contacted Rice....And now he'd be crazy not to......But I'm betting that he sticks his head in the sand again!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Because before this injury the seemingly eternal search for a pass rush continues.

Get well Jarvis Moss. You're the only hope Shanahan has given the pass rush since Little Elvis and the Browncos.

Good luck Broncos, this has already been a rough year...
    Do you really think the Broncos who have little to nothing in cap room can afford Rice who probably wants 5 - 10 million in guaranteed money?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther View Post
    Do you really think the Broncos who have little to nothing in cap room can afford Rice who probably wants 5 - 10 million in guaranteed money?
    they'll ask Jake to re-do his contract again.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPanther View Post

Oh he will now that he has (Should have) the Broncos and Giants bidding for him.

I don't know how much Denver has to spend....But I do know this is the kind of hole you put yourself in when you ignore your biggest weakness for years!

People have been saying the same thing you're saying now all off season. Yet Shanahan found a way to make a ton of good moves!

So don't worry, if Shanahan wanted to he could probably think of something.

That's even if Rice has anything left, which may or may not be the case.

Who knows?

Let's just hope Moss will be fine....

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    If it is at all in seriousness where he is going to miss half the season, I would rather denver put him on IR for the year and let him rehab it through the entire year instead of trying to rush back and risking further injury.

I don't see a full on SuperBowl push this season from Denver, and I would hate to risk the future production of a guy like Moss just for half a season if that situation presented itself.
    Your correct on this on top of the knee now he can work on putting on some muscle.

Bring on the runt just went from 3rd string to second.

Quote Originally Posted by Botan View Post
    According to CBS 4 sports, the latest news is they think he has a minor sprain. They are still awaiting the results of the MRI but he was seen walking around the facility earlier this afternoon.

So lets hope that MRI comes back and all is good
    Aah, thank God. I was really worried.

Hey, speaking of injuries, I was at Vikings camp today and AD did NOT look good at all, he had a limp going on and looked very stiff. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by evendelae View Post
    Aah, thank God. I was really worried.

Hey, speaking of injuries, I was at Vikings camp today and AD did NOT look good at all, he had a limp going on and looked very stiff. Does anyone know what happened to him?

I think he had a hip pointer a few days ago