• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billymischke_33
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
    John Engleberger starting at defensive end?

And I feel bad for the Mike Bell fans that were raving about how great of a backup he was. Sure he has his good days but he is way too inconsistent, as I said months ago at the end of the season.

I hope Louis Green doesn't stay at strong side, I thought our new Bates system required fast LBs? D.D. Lewis was said to be doing great by our TC reporters (thank you ) so what is the deal?

Scheffler needs to get back soon, I don't want to see Alexander getting torn apart by defenders for another season.

The main concern should be getting Marshall back (without his over-confidence) and Smith taking care of that hip because our WR depth plain out sucks.

i think we need to move elvis dumerville up, he led us in sacks last season and now isnt even close to starting.. its kinda crazy

Comment

• DenBronx
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2006

brian clark is a shock to me. i hadnt seen or heard any reports bragging about him. this could be over rated for this guy imo. when marshal gets back everyone will just have to take a back seat anyway.

looks like kircus and mike bell have some work to do. i think shanny is making them sweat for it.
      sigpic

Comment

• DenBronx
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2006

ugghh! and if john hamburgler is our starting de and moss possibly injured then i think its time to get on the phone and call mr rice. we cant go another season with out some serious pass rush. :brick:
        sigpic

Comment

• broncobuss
          Practice Squad
          • Mar 2004

[QUOTE=mxbronco13;1890019]John Engleberger starting at defensive end?

And I feel bad for the Mike Bell fans that were raving about how great of a backup he was. Sure he has his good days but he is way too inconsistent, as I said months ago at the end of the season.

The only thing inconsistent about Mike Bell last year was the playing time he got, shanny kept going back to tatem and wouldnt play Bell consistently, but when he got the opertunity, he played very well. To me if they would have kept Mike the starter and let him go through his growing pains, he would have been a 1200 yard rusher and Denver would have never went out and got Henry, who I think is overratted,(although I hope Iam wrong on that). Bell may not break off the 80 yard run, but he always seems to break off the 20 yarders consitently. did I use the word consistently enough??
          sigpic

Comment

• Buff_bronc_fan
            Fuggeddaboudit
            • Mar 2005

Lang or Dumervil

So it looks like the writing is on the wall that Peterson will be gone at DE... But what about Lang and Dumervil?? I would assume that Ekuban, Crowder, Moss and Engelberger will be here... Obviously Engelberger is the head scratcher, but he seems to have endeared himself to Bates, so for the time being we'll pencil him in...

So are Dumervil and/or Lang on the bubble?? How many ends will we keep, if we keep 5 one of them has to go, if we keep 4 both of them have to go... I don't know how many we have kept historically??

Thoughts...

Comment

• DenBronx
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
              So it looks like the writing is on the wall that Peterson will be gone at DE... But what about Lang and Dumervil?? I would assume that Ekuban, Crowder, Moss and Engelberger will be here... Obviously Engelberger is the head scratcher, but he seems to have endeared himself to Bates, so for the time being we'll pencil him in...

So are Dumervil and/or Lang on the bubble?? How many ends will we keep, if we keep 5 one of them has to go, if we keep 4 both of them have to go... I don't know how many we have kept historically??

Thoughts...

elvis is NOT on any bubble my friend.

a rookie with 8 1/2 sacks last year and all the sudden he is on the bubble are you crazy!?

bates might not realize it yet but our single biggest pass rushing force just might be elvis. sorry moss lovers you know im right.
              sigpic

Comment

• Buff_bronc_fan
                Fuggeddaboudit
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
                elvis is NOT on any bubble my friend.

a rookie with 8 1/2 sacks last year and all the sudden he is on the bubble are you crazy!?

bates might not realize it yet but our single biggest pass rushing force just might be elvis. sorry moss lovers you know im right.
                I hope you're right man... I don't see how either of them could be on the bubble personally, I guess my main point of confusion is how many roster spots the Broncos are willing to devote to that position. Because if they only have 5 active ends, then someone has to be the odd man out, and as of today, it looks like Lang or Dumervil. But as I said, I don't how many the Broncos normally keep.

Comment

• dogfish
                  • Jan 2006

he's correct, buff. . . don't read anything into the depth chart at this point-- dumervil isn't going anywhere! the only reason he's third on the depth chart is because the team (quite correctly) isn't looking at him as a potential starter. . . if EE and engelberger are the starters, and one of them goes down, crowder would probably be next in line. . . dumervil is going to be a big part of our nickel and dime packages, though-- as i posted previously, he's already working there in TC, just as he did last year. . . why would we get rid of the guy who (especially if moss is out) is the best pass rusher on our team?
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• DeLa55
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jul 2007

[QUOTE=dogfish;1890020]only surprise is louis green. . .[/QUOTE

Also engleberger?

Comment

• dogfish
                      • Jan 2006

[QUOTE=DeLa55;1891643]
                      Originally posted by dogfish View Post
                      only surprise is louis green. . .[/QUOTE

Also engleberger?
                      not really. . . i was a bit surprised to hear that he'd been running with the first team in camp, but since he has, it's no surprise to see him there on the depth chart. . .

Comment

• Spice 1
                        Football Immortal
                        • Sep 2004

I'm not too juiced about this one. What's the deal with the strong side line backer? I hope DJ don't get caught inside. I hope Engelberger can bring it too. Dumerville will prove himself on passing downs in game situations just like he did last year, so I'm not too woried about him. I do look forward to seeing our Nickel and Dime packages with Foxworth and Cox though.

Comment

• dogfish
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          I'm not too juiced about this one. What's the deal with the strong side line backer? I hope DJ don't get caught inside. I hope Engelberger can bring it too. Dumerville will prove himself on passing downs in game situations just like he did last year, so I'm not too woried about him. I do look forward to seeing our Nickel and Dime packages with Foxworth and Cox though.
                          huh? dj IS going to be inside, they've been saying it ever since al was released. . . .

Comment

• Spice 1
                            Football Immortal
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dogfish View Post
                            huh? dj IS going to be inside, they've been saying it ever since al was released. . . .
                            I'm talking about blocks

Comment

• dogfish
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              I'm talking about blocks
                              whoops. . . my bad!

Comment

• basbllplaya26
                                Practice Squad
                                • Aug 2006

if im not mistaken, depth charts in the preseason mean nothing at all.. i do recall last year Ron Dayne was our number one running back over both the bells.. or was that two years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X