Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Shanny, Lynch, Bly, Cutler, and Henry still to come.

Domonique Foxworth

Impressions of new D scheme:

Most in already but some to go and very complex. Looking forward to it.

Thoughts on Bates and difference with him:

Enthusiasem, 100 mph with him at all times.

Thoughts on secondary:

Hands down one of the top in the league. Come together very quick. Gonna make alot of plays and big int's.

About Dre Bly:

Crafty. Understands the game and has skills to do difficult athletic things. Understands the game very well

About DL:

Very impressed with Crowder and Moss. DT coming along quite well, learning everything very quickly.

About Al Wilson not with the club:

Most noticeable loss. Painfull because he's a friend. Tough not having him around but others have stepped up. Alot of leaders on the D.

About Javon Walker:

Really talented. Doesn't look fast but can move. Big and strong and makes crisp cuts and smart decisions.

About Henry and Graham:

Henry will have a breakout season. Dan is a very good blocker but has great hands. Hands are overlooked.

About Jay Cutler:

Poise is there which can't be coached. Patience and poise are his number one attributes.

Having Stokley around:

Very underrated. One of the best double moves in the game, not fun to face in practice.

About the D:

Aggressive and physicall. Wants the offense to know they are going to do their job.

About not making playoffs:

Call about Darrent at 4:00am over took feelings of missing the playoffs. Losing Nash and Williams put life and football into perspective.

About loss of Darrent:

Wants to do things to remember him. Talked about the Youth Center. Wants to win alot of games for both Darrent and Damien.
    Going to keep them around; moved on is not the right word. Things are more than likely planned by the organization to remember Darren and Damien throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo View Post
    <sarcasm>No but I figured I'd block it at home too just in case my work was worried about it.</sarcasm>

Yes, I'm at work. You guys are my ears. So what's going on...

HAHAHA that was funny.
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/11/random.png[/IMG]

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Travis Henry

Dream come true to be in Denver?

Absolutely. Other backs around the league want to be in Denver. Previous backs have done great and it's great to be here.

Where are you at today?

Up to par. I'm trusting the blocks knowing the cut back will be there. Feel like I've been here for years.

About zone blocking:

Have to have a good feel for it. Fits very well with his style of running.

Lofa Tatupu saying you would lead league in rushing:

That means alot to me. I have to go out and get it done. No matter who says I will have a good year I still have to go out and get it done.

Disapointed with what happend in Tennesse:

A part of him wanted to be there but is very happy to be in Denver. It was a no-brainer he wanted to be a Denver Bronco:

Shanny's expectations:

It's different here. No special rules for anybody. Have to come out and work every day. Expect you to finish every play.

Jay Cutler

Note: Final Hour.

About last year and growth:

Starting experience gives me a bit more of a head start this year. Watching Jake allowed him to get ready. On pace or a bit ahead as far as seeing the field. Better feel for where his guys are going to be and where the D will be.

About Shanny:

Offensively one of the most explosive units he's played for. Not afraid to take chances. Running game is huge, will open up more holes. Having Shanny in his corner is a blessing. Can see 4 or 5 plays ahead. Shanny knows D's better than some offenses. Trying to get a feel for Shanny's train of thought.

About chemistry with Javon:

Meshed in offseason. He's got a great feel after working with Brett in Green Bay. Just got to give him a shot and get the ball in the air and 9-10 times he will come down with it.

About other recievers:

Marshall, Scheffler, and Smith are huge. Wants them bake by the third preason game, if not they have Hixon, Clark and Grahm. Get those three back it will add alot.

About Grahm:

Stepping into the role Scheffler had for him last year. Taking advantage of one on one coverage. Interviewer predicts Grahm will be second leading Bronco reciever this year.

About Henry:

Get back to real dominant run game. Most excitable player that was brought in. Perfect for this system. Picking up pass coverage and blocking LB's. Gonna be a force, looking forward to it.

About Stokely:

Incredible the way he can get open. Stokley's IS our third reciever. Peyton Manning is right about him in his route running.

When did the game start to slow down:

The last couple games of last season. The yards are so much more important in the NFL. Getting to 3rd and short is a key.

About facing the Bronco's secondary everyday in camp:

Champ is hands down best corner in the league. Bring Bly, Lync and Fergusen in and we have one of the top 2 or 3 secondaries in the NFL.

About the D:

D-line has to step up and put pressure on the quarterback. If that happens good things will happen.

About Matt and Vince:

I don't keep tabs on them. I concentrate on what I have to do. I don't know how many yards I pass for how am I supposed to know what they pass for.

Will Edgerine have 1,400 yards for Matt this year?

"I hope not!" (Interviewers and Jay laugh)

Goals:

No personal goals. Just to win. Play my game work hard and study. Do my part and check the ball down and get the ball to playmakers.

THAT was a great interview! By far, the most I've heard Jay Cutler say at one time! He seems to be a really likeable kid.

God, I love being a Bronco fan!!!

Shanny just said he thinks Holdman will be back in a couple days.

Mike Shanahan

Cutlers Developement for season:

You through everything at him. He's got to focus on his job. Hopefully we've provided him with enough weapons.

What do you look for in a QB:

A guy who loves the game, got to have a passion for it. Tough minded, good athlete, skills, and be able to wipe out a bad game.

Jay's passion:

Able to wipe INT's out. Has a mindset a QB has to have. Student of the game. Will develope into a great QB.

Travis Henry:

Elite running back. Makes all the cuts and very physicall. Pleasure to be around him. Enjoys the game. Practices hard and will have a great year. Does everything we look for in our offense.

Concerns with WR's:

Got guys with alot of talent. Look for guys that can run and make big plays. We have depth with Stokely, Marshall but can he stay healthy, Hixon big on returns, Kircus a guy with great ability.

Rod Smith:

Going through weight lifting. One guy who wants to get back right away. When he's ready he will go. Gotta go through rehab. Doesn't care if it's the 3rd preseason game or 5th or 10th regular season game, wants him back healthy.

Special Teams:

Very impressed with O'Brien. Looks for things to improve

Jim Bates:

Known Bates for quite some time. When he became available it was an opportunity he could not pass up. He's helped the defense.

Abut the young DL:

Play ends a bit wider. Dumerville; will be surprised if he's not in double digit sacks. Crowder can play outside or inside, strong a mature. Moss is a thouroghbred. Plays pass very well and surprisingly well against the run but not as strong as he should be.

About Bly:

Easy to get him aclimated. Great hands and instincts. Will get tested opposite Champ. We've go depth. One of the strongest areas we have is DB.

About LB:

D.J. is strong and bright. Could play any of the 3 LB positions. Ian Gold plays the game you want it played, hasn't lost a step. 5 guys have a chance to compete for the last spot. Holdman will be back within the next couple of days. D.D. Lewis has looked incredible. Everybody flashes at times.

About the offseason:

Doesn't get any tougher when you loose members of your family. Team is embrassing their memory. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't mention both players.

Rod Smith

How are you:

Doing better Thats all I can say doing better. Running now and doing some things with cords. Form is coming back and you have to start somewhere. Training staff is doing a great job getting me back.

About Shanny's comments:

I was shocked. As a player you always think your on the fence. To know I can come back when I'm ready is a good feeling.

Thoughts of teams upgrades:

Young group at WR. Some vets with Morgan and Stokely. Got some guys but playing in this system is different. Kircus did a decent job last year. I'm doing everything I can do to help them. New WR coach asks my opinion and then I see the guys doing it.

Improvement on D:

We face one of the top D's in the league every day. Young guys are hungry and know they have something to prove.

Running game:

Henry is a great player, will make a big difference. Amazed at how he picks up the blitz. Can't see why he can't get 1,300 to 1,500 yards easily.
    Coach Turner is an awsome running backs coach. Likes the potential of Andre Hall and Celvin Young.

Rehab:

Going to do what I'm told. I may not like it but I'm going to do it.

Jay Cutler:

Will be a tremendous player. Will make mistakes. Some of the balls he throws away are bigger than the ones he completes.

At the end of the interview Rod yells out "Art Monk for Hall Of Fame everyone" He goes on to ask the interviewers to ask Monk for an autographed jersey for him, then say it's not going on e-bay it's going on my wall.

That's it guys. End of the interviews. Hope you enjoyed and now it's time for me to give my fingers a rest and get some sleep so I feel well enough to make it to work tomarrow.

Sheffler88 is just too cool. CP to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Scheffler88 View Post
    How are you:

Doing better Thats all I can say doing better. Running now and doing some things with cords. Form is coming back and you have to start somewhere. Training staff is doing a great job getting me back.

About Shanny's comments:

I was shocked. As a player you always think your on the fence. To know I can come back when I'm ready is a good feeling.

Thoughts of teams upgrades:

Young group at WR. Some vets with Morgan and Stokely. Got some guys but playing in this system is different. Kircus did a decent job last year. I'm doing everything I can do to help them. New WR coach asks my opinion and then I see the guys doing it.

Improvement on D:

We face one of the top D's in the league every day. Young guys are hungry and know they have something to prove.

Running game:

Henry is a great player, will make a big difference. Amazed at how he picks up the blitz. Can't see why he can't get 1,300 to 1,500 yards easily.
    Coach Turner is an awsome running backs coach. Likes the potential of Andre Hall and Celvin Young.

Rehab:

Going to do what I'm told. I may not like it but I'm going to do it.

Jay Cutler:

Will be a tremendous player. Will make mistakes. Some of the balls he throws away are bigger than the ones he completes.

At the end of the interview Rod yells out "Art Monk for Hall Of Fame everyone" He goes on to ask the interviewers to ask Monk for an autographed jersey for him, then say it's not going on e-bay it's going on my wall.

That's it guys. End of the interviews. Hope you enjoyed and now it's time for me to give my fingers a rest and get some sleep so I feel well enough to make it to work tomarrow.
    Could this guy be any more class? If there's one professional football player that deserves a roster spot held for him, it's Rod. If they create a time machine and only one Bronco can go through it to be returned to his prime, it's this guy. You DA MAN, Rod!