Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Final word on the Moss *injury*

You all know how I reacted to the Moss injury. I had to spackle the hole in the sheetrock of my home, damaged by an errant fist.

Yeah, not really, but I reacted strongly.

Well, I was at the bar tonight with a buddy who was at camp, and this was what he said:

"I've been around thing kind of thing for a while, and my impression was that Jarvis just wanted to get out of practice. I've seen a lot of injuries, and I think he was acting a bit. That's what it looked like on the field to me."

My reaction is to question my friend...what's your credibility? What makes you think he needed to take a blow so bad he would fake it?

It seems a little preposterous, but everyone has noted that Moss has been getting a little...*winded* during these practices. He has still been delivering results between the blows of the whistle, but maybe he tweaked it a tad and realized he could use the rest. Yeah, it still does ring true to me, but maybe some of you witnesses can share YOUR thoughts?

That type of thing is very common during 2-a-days. It's sweltering hot, Ur a bit out of shape, tired, so yea; could be that. As long as it's not an ongoing thing, it's no real big deal. Nonetheless, glad he's ok!!
    [B]Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV. [/B][IMG]http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/interviews/JeffreyRocL.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/jaycutlerfanclub/Fan%20Cards/frohawk27.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You all know how I reacted to the Moss injury. I had to spackle the hole in the sheetrock of my home, damaged by an errant fist.

Well, I was at the bar tonight with a buddy who was at camp, and this was what he said:

"I've been around thing kind of thing for a while, and my impression was that Jarvis just wanted to get out of practice. I've seen a lot of injuries, and I think he was acting a bit. That's what it looked like on the field to me."

My reaction is to question my friend...what's your credibility? What makes you think he needed to take a blow so bad he would fake it?

It seems a little preposterous, but everyone has noted that Moss has been getting a little...*winded* during these practices. He has still been delivering results between the blows of the whistle, but maybe he tweaked it a tad and realized he could use the rest. Yeah, it still does ring true to me, but maybe some of you witnesses can share YOUR thoughts?
    Anything's possible but I really doubt this to be the case.

Moss is a rookie who most likely wants to become a starter. Rookies don't make good impressions by getting injured and missing valuable practices.

He has apparently been working his tail off and trying really hard to please his coaches and sounds very eager to improve his game and make a contribution as soon as possible. Nothing I've seen or heard about him strikes me as being a slacker.

As soon as Moss heard the MRI was negative he was saying he could probably practice the next day. While that could have been said just to sound good, he more likely would have talked about needing to rest the knee to be safe and take a few days off or something along those lines had he just been tired of practices.

Again, anything's possible but I really don't sense any duplicity on Moss's part concerning this injury.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

I don't think so.....

Interesting thought, but I really don't think so. Here's why:

Anytime you have someone go through this, you have to look at how reliable a story it is to determine if they're faking it, blowing it out of proportion etc. For starters, as Javalon points out, we've never gotten a whiff that Moss is anything but a hard worker who is dedicated to learning as much as he can on the field. Second, he had a known, common injury for lineman as he spun while his cleat got stuck. Third, as I've pointed out in earlier posts, a sprained or twisted knee can hurt, and it can hurt a lot, its kind of hard to predict (so his reaction might have been in proportion to the amount of pain he was having).

What do you have going for the theory that he was faking it? That he has seemed "winded" at times in practice. Which player hasn't? Its training camp.

This theory seems highly unlikely and his injury and story seem pretty straightforward so I feel comfortable taking it at face value. If anything, perhaps he was scared a little bit by the prospect of being out for the season and maybe that drove his reaction to this a bit as he was on the field, but that's just pure speculation. I think his story jives.
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

The Season hasn't even started yet and the conspiracy theories are already here...

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
    Bench his ass...

Trade his ass

I don't mean to put down your friend but unless he has inside information I think it would a stretch.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
    Bench his ass...
    What about the rest of him?

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluorange View Post

Trade his ass
    Then we'd have an ass-less DE. Wouldnt he need his "end" to play Defensive END?

but no...doesnt sound credible to me either.

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't mean to put down your friend but unless he has inside information I think it would a stretch.
    Did anyone else see it happen? I don't doubt he tweaked it, I just wonder if he was hamming it up. This was really just an impression my friend had, not a hard assertion he made.

Hey, WABronc & Lorcust, you may scoff, but it didn't stop you from piling on! Are you not entertained!?

Trade his ass
    For a conditional first round pick! HOW DO YOU DO?

He would look like the freaks I used to create in Madden. Huge buff guy with no butt...saggy tight pants...yuck.

But that's why we'd need top compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver
    Hey, WABronc & Lorcust, you may scoff, but it didn't stop you from piling on! Are you not entertained!?
    Eeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaahhhhhhh I'm entertained.

GO M'S BY THE WAY

Trade his ass

Fire his ass

I saw him limping around. He tried to play through it today and they pulled him. I think making a post about someone faking an injury because "some guy thinks he could have faked it" is lame and denigrates Moss' character needlessly.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!