Thread: Quincy Morgan

Quincy Morgan

Ok, I personally dont really like the guy, but I've been reading good things about his performance during T.C. . He is seeming to make highlight catches, and is beating our C.B.'s and inordimate amount of times. Do you think he has any chance to kick kircus or hixon off the team with his performance during T.C.?

Also his return abilities is what he is on the team for, but if he continues to perform how cant the coaches find a place for him on the team, during offensive plays.

What all do the rest of you whom have been watching T.C. think of Morgans performance?
    [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/broncosphotos/_Adoption/Abdullah-Exxon.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/broncosphotos/_Adoption/Adams-Exxon.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Exxon View Post
    Ok, I personally dont really like the guy, but I've been reading good things about his performance during T.C. . He is seeming to make highlight catches, and is beating our C.B.'s and inordimate amount of times. Do you think he has any chance to kick kircus or hixon off the team with his performance during T.C.?

Also his return abilities is what he is on the team for, but if he continues to perform how cant the coaches find a place for him on the team, during offensive plays.

What all do the rest of you whom have been watching T.C. think of Morgans performance?
    Its not hard to beat the corners when he is going against 3rd team deffense and rhe occasional 2nd team deffense. He has had a good camp. But Brian Clark and Hixon have been better playing agaisnt 1st and 2nd team deffenses.

well he is going to be a full time returner so adding him in on a few plays is just the icing on the cake.

and whether he was going against the number 2 or 3 teams or not he still made 2 very nice touchdown grabs. that one in the back of the end zone, tapping both feet in was sweet.

I forget who it was... but someone who followed him regularly when he was a Steeler used to post that he suffered from terrible hands as a WR in the games he played. I think TC is one thing, but games are another. I am hopefull that any WR's will step up and surprise us all this coming year, but personally I am a little doubtful about Morgans translation into being a WR, even on a rotational basis. I know it's strange to thin ka returner would have bad hands as a WR, but they are two very different forms of catching.

However, the surge he gave the Broncos at the end of the season in special teams is what I'm really looking forward to... and hoping that Deuce's bump till a KR TD finally ends on a good note this year

The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Last year when we picked him up I remember saying to myself I didn't want any of the Steelers left overs. This year I hope he makes the team because of his spark last year at the end of the season. From what it sounds Kircus and Morgan may have to fight it out. Pre-season should determine.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Its not hard to beat the corners when he is going against 3rd team deffense and rhe occasional 2nd team deffense. He has had a good camp. But Brian Clark and Hixon have been better playing agaisnt 1st and 2nd team deffenses.

Have you been to the camps??? Cause there have been numerous times he has frustrated the hell out of bly making some awesome grabs. So, he is not just going up against guys who are going to be bagging groceries in a week. He is catching balls against one of the best CBs in the league...

If Morgan continues to play the way he has in camp he will def make the team and Brian Clark, David Terrell, Glen Martinez and McDaniel will be the guys that are cut loose.... Based on what i have seen the depth chart should look something like this:

1. Walker
    2. Stokely
    3. Hixon
    4. Kircus
    5. Morgan
    6. Give it to Clark until Rod is rehabed then release Clark and move everyone down a notch...

Thats my 6. Now, the preseason games will change a lot and the people on the bubble need to step it up. Hopefully everything will really sort itself out in the next couple of weeks.

Now this doesnt include marshall which hasnt played yet, but is billed to be #2.. So that leaves one more man out.... If Rod doesnt make it back then its easy, but if he does then we are going to need to snip somewhere and i have been staring at my screen for 5 min and still cant tell you who i would cut off that list. I think it will all play out in the upcoming games. Can kircus catch the easy balls? Can Hixon emerge? Can Q cut it in a game situation? All these these things i think wil come to light when the cameras are rolling and people are watching...

But regardless its a good thing to have this fierce competition and have it be a difficult desicion on who to cut... A heck of a lot better than say the texans which are asking anyone with running shoes on if they would like to try out...
    Last edited by aaronheeb; 08-10-2007 at 01:04 PM.