Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Not to mention if somebody on the team does something good is usually means somebody on the other side of the ball did something bad. That's the problem when your team is playing itself.

Of course, the reverse is also true and if somebody looks bad it usually means someone on the other side looks good.

But ignoring the bad plays would definitely not give a fair representation, just like most of "pros" give us in the paper. I like hearing some of the bad stuff because you know you're hearing a more realistic interpretation.

Thanks again, Kaylore!
    I talked with Khan early last week. He was concerned with Ramsey. Seriously concerned. SoCal and I both mentioned that it might be timing and getting accustomed to the offense. If you look at just Ramsey over the past week and a half you can see in his reports that Khan has focused on that aspect. Khan absorbs information from people around him and it sticks. I've told him several times that I'm impressed at how much he can see at each practice. I do well to concentrate on 3 or 4 players. Khan can watch a WR running a precise route and tell you if Jarvis Moss was able to beat Lepsis and if Cutler stepped up in the pocket or took a would be sack. I'm serious when I say he's one of Denver's finer young reporters. I think he'll follow in Cecil Lammey's footsteps and will probably, eventually have his own radio show/hour or something along those lines. I'd sure listen to it!
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

How have the the guys at safety and the back up CBs looked? Is Lynch getting beat more and more? What about Foxworth and Paymah? Does it look like Foxworth is pushing Bly for the #2 CB?

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    How have the the guys at safety and the back up CBs looked? Is Lynch getting beat more and more? What about Foxworth and Paymah? Does it look like Foxworth is pushing Bly for the #2 CB?
    Lynch and Hamzah weren't in practice today. Curome Cox had a good practice. He killed a drive by intercepting the ball during the "move the ball" scrimmage. Foxworth is getting a lot of work at safety in addition to corner and he's noticeably beefier. While Foxworth has made strides over last year, physically and technically, Bly has had such an outstanding camp (causing a turnover almost every practice) that he's not really pushing him. Paymah has really come on strong, but he makes some mental errors like lining up incorrectly and whatnot.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Lynch and Hamzah weren't in practice today. Curome Cox had a good practice. He killed a drive by intercepting the ball during the "move the ball" scrimmage. Foxworth is getting a lot of work at safety in addition to corner and he's noticeably beefier. While Foxworth has made strides over last year, physically and technically, Bly has had such an outstanding camp (causing a turnover almost every practice) that he's not really pushing him. Paymah has really come on strong, but he makes some mental errors like lining up incorrectly and whatnot.
    Thanks for your response. What about Kuper? Im really hoping that guy brings a lot on the OLine. Does he look like he will be a big improvement over Cooper Carlisle?

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    kaylore, you said that this was one of the best practices but seem to have something negitive to say in every area. was it really that impressive? if so, then what?
    The players practiced hard and were in good spirits. They gave a good effort. Everyone was really hustling, encouraging each other, playing hard but also have a good time. There were big plays both way. That's what football is about! It was fun to watch.

There are some things to understand about camp. Every day they run different packages with different personnel just to get a feel for what players will do in those situations. That means running a certain play in a certain situation even when that play would never be called in a real game situation. They also run a lot of different personnel in routes and situations that you would never see in a real game. running a bunch of crossing routes in a soft zone is idiocy, but sometimes it's called just to see how the players handle it. Running Chad Mustard on a go route is ridiculous, but can he do it and how do the DB's defend it? These are the types of things that happen and that one must keep in mind when observing camp. Some of it is definitely looking for plays that work and players that can execute them, but a lot is also Shanahan tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Thanks for your response. What about Kuper? Im really hoping that guy brings a lot on the OLine. Does he look like he will be a big improvement over Cooper Carlisle?
    Well right now Holland is in there. Holland looked like crap the first day, but he's settled down a bit. I think they like that he has starting experience and they also want to see how Kuper reacts to the change. They need mental toughness. Holland takes plays off and I think Kuper has more upside, but we'll see. If Holland is clearly the superior player by the end of preseason then he should get the start, but I'd love to see Kuper get it.

Well right now Holland is in there. Holland looked like crap the first day, but he's settled down a bit. I think they like that he has starting experience and they also want to see how Kuper reacts to the change. They need mental toughness. Holland takes plays off and I think Kuper has more upside, but we'll see. If Holland is clearly the superior player by the end of preseason then he should get the start, but I'd love to see Kuper get it.
    Interesting. Sometimes the veteran has more to prove and I wonder if thats why Holland is getting more reps. Kuper has been with the Broncos longer so they may be getting Holland reps to see if he will play himself into the mix. Im with you, I hope Kuper wins the spot. I think he could be good, whereas, Carlisle was decent at best. We need an influx of new talent on the OLine.

BTW, sorry for trucking you in the other thread. Youre not such a p*ick after all.

Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    I talked with Khan early last week. He was concerned with Ramsey. Seriously concerned. SoCal and I both mentioned that it might be timing and getting accustomed to the offense. If you look at just Ramsey over the past week and a half you can see in his reports that Khan has focused on that aspect. Khan absorbs information from people around him and it sticks. I've told him several times that I'm impressed at how much he can see at each practice. I do well to concentrate on 3 or 4 players. Khan can watch a WR running a precise route and tell you if Jarvis Moss was able to beat Lepsis and if Cutler stepped up in the pocket or took a would be sack. I'm serious when I say he's one of Denver's finer young reporters. I think he'll follow in Cecil Lammey's footsteps and will probably, eventually have his own radio show/hour or something along those lines. I'd sure listen to it!
    That's really nice of you, but I'm not quite as flawless as you make it sound. I sometimes will have the player totally wrong and have to ask who did what on several occasions. I can see a lot things, but I'm not superman.

Quote Originally Posted by !ceman View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up, it's probably one of Khan greatest strengths as far as reporting on camp. If all he brought was fluff he'd be no different than any of the beat writers. Khan reports what he sees, for better or worse. If Cutler has a bad day he calls it a bad day. When Brian Clark beat Champ deep, he called it like it was. When he says Dre Bly looks impressive and has come up with a turnover in almost every camp session... it b/c he's witnessed it and discussed it with some of the areas best.

I don't know about the rest of you but I certainly welcome the truth as opposed to straight and continual fluff. Thank you Khan!!!

that's not what i meant iceman. in kaylore report he first said it was one of the better practices but in his report everyone seemed to be dropping balls, over throwing or simply not playing up to par. so i was just wondering what was so special if he only had poor play reports.

i was wondering what good plays or how the team was beggining to gel on both sides of the ball. however not just from kaylore but most other reports seem to say the same things.

but thank you kaylore for any added input you give us. i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 08-09-2007 at 06:59 PM.

The players practiced hard and were in good spirits. They gave a good effort. Everyone was really hustling, encouraging each other, playing hard but also have a good time. There were big plays both way. That's what football is about! It was fun to watch.

There are some things to understand about camp. Every day they run different packages with different personnel just to get a feel for what players will do in those situations. That means running a certain play in a certain situation even when that play would never be called in a real game situation. They also run a lot of different personnel in routes and situations that you would never see in a real game. running a bunch of crossing routes in a soft zone is idiocy, but sometimes it's called just to see how the players handle it. Running Chad Mustard on a go route is ridiculous, but can he do it and how do the DB's defend it? These are the types of things that happen and that one must keep in mind when observing camp. Some of it is definitely looking for plays that work and players that can execute them, but a lot is also Shanahan tinkering.

ok so your saying that shanny is starting to open up the playbook a lot more today huh? so do you think the players are starting to play smoothly thus far into camp with the new plays? i mean if our defense is looking really good im pretty sure this would transition onto the field against another team pretty good.

but like jav said. could it be the great plays of our defense or poor play of our offense. its just so hard to tell when were playing ourselves in training camp.

also from the reports ive been reading are we really going to scrimage the cowboys AFTER we play the niners? isnt that kind of silly? i thought scrimage games were supposed to be played before preseason.

That's really nice of you, but I'm not quite as flawless as you make it sound. I sometimes will have the player totally wrong and have to ask who did what on several occasions. I can see a lot things, but I'm not superman.
    And he's humble to boot!!!
    Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
    Samuel Johnson

Javalon.

1. I think he'll force balls. As he makes mistakes and learns that will happen less, but he actually completes a lot of them, so it's not always terrible.

2. No one but Ryan Harris got hurt.

3. Hixon's hands are above average, but hardly amazing.
    Like Elway before him Jay has a lot of confidence in that right arm of his so its not surprising that he's thinks he can squeeze the ball into the smallest of windows.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    ok so your saying that shanny is starting to open up the playbook a lot more today huh?
    No, I'm saying that each day he has some offensive sets and schemes he wants to try. The whole playbook is installed and now they're playing with the pieces.

There is also no rule or precedent where scrimmages have to occur before preseason games.