Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well, he can be a bit of a diva sometimes i guess, but its his choice if he wants to comeback and play for the records, i think he has earned that right, people can say what they want about the guy but he is tough and he is a winner, in a league where 90 percent of the players are playing for the money i dont think anythings wrong with Bret going for a few records after his many years of selling out his health on the field, i just hate that one of those records is Elways...lol
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman View Post
    Well, he can be a bit of a diva sometimes i guess, but its his choice if he wants to comeback and play for the records, i think he has earned that right, people can say what they want about the guy but he is tough and he is a winner, in a league where 90 percent of the players are playing for the money i dont think anythings wrong with Bret going for a few records after his many years of selling out his health on the field, i just hate that one of those records is Elways...lol
    Crazy as it may sound, I think he's really trying to win a Superbowl before he retires. That's why he was so pissed when they wouldn't get him Randy Moss; he needs good, experienced receivers who'll perform in the clutch. I think he disagrees with Green Bay's direction of rebuilding. Steve Young, during the draft, commented strongly on how shocked he was that GB didn't pick up one of the good receivers available within the 1st 2 rounds, that it speaks volumes of what they think about Favre. Can't wait for GB to be in the perpetually rebuilding stage when Favre retires.

WINS: @Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, @Detroit, Tennessee, @Chicago, @Oakland, Kansas City, @Houston, Minnesota

LOSSES: @Indianapolis, @Kansas City, @San Diego

2007-08 Forecast: 13-3

Favre is the man, nuff said, I love how he makes the game fun, you don't see him too often losing his head, he's usually in the face of guys who sack him, he is a tough guy, you would never see Brady get in Lynch's face after Lynch thumped em!

But Favre is past his prime in some areas and if he's healthy THIS year and they go 8-8 again, I can see him playing again, I really want to see him in Denver this year, I hope I can go, everyone has their own opinion and that is cool, to me he is my favorite QB that I've had the pleasure of watching....

I am 24 so I only REALLY got to see and UNDERSTAND Elway's last 5 years or so, everything else...I was too young to comprehend

I think Favre is a great QB. But I think there have been times where the 'records' have gotten in the way of the team.

When his thumb was buggered for almost an entire season, he should have, for his health's sake, given the thumb time to heal, and let Rodgers take some starts.

I'd love to see Green Bay get back to fighting form. They're my fav NFC team, and the only team other than Denver that I've had a cap for!

But I am concerned at how much his retirement will impact the team, and how far behind Rodgers will be when he takes over.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

The only thing I liked about Farve - was when he and Warren Sapp use to butt heads and argue on field - that stuff was priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
    i think he needs to let the team move on and develop a young QB instead of sacrificing their future for his own personal benefit
    could not have said it any better

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    To me Bret Farve is the third best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady IMO
    From KC Joyner

Brett Favre: It should come as no surprise that Favre had the highest number of bad decisions and bad decision points in 2005. To put his 53 bad decision points into perspective, one could add the totals of nearly any two other quarterbacks in the NFL last year and they still wouldn't surpass Favre's total. Favre's saving grace from a percentage perspective was his extremely high number of pass attempts (he was the only quarterback to top 600 attempts in 2005), but he still ranked in the bottom 10 in both bad decision percentage categories. Green Bay will need a dramatic improvement from Favre in this aspect of his game if the Packers want to be competitive in 2006.
    Brett Favre
    Many of Favre's 2006 metrics were among the worst in the league. His 6.2 YPA put him in the company of Charlie Frye and Jason Campbell. His total of 18 bad decisions was tied for the fourth-most in the league, and his 62 combined interceptions and near interceptions was easily the most in the NFL, even surpassing the much-maligned Rex Grossman. Favre simply isn't anywhere near the quarterback he was even just three years ago.
    he was a great qb, but as was said perfectly before, he is staying around for too long, and hurting his team for his own personal gain. he is not a good qb anymore and will take the wins record from elway, which is a damned shame as elway did it like a true professional and retired on top after 2 superbowl wins. elway could have played MANY years into mediocrity as favre has and made his records untouchable, but he went out like a champion

here's hoping the pack goes 0-16 this year
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24 View Post
    here's hoping the pack goes 0-16 this year
    true that

how many wins does he need to TIE Elway?
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

A great quarterback that's had a tremendous career. I don't like him because he's a Packer and my team are the 49ers, but I do respect what he's done. As for now, he's obviously lost some of the magic he used to have. Not to mention the team around him is much worse than the ones he's played on in the past. I still wouldn't underestimate him even though he's coming off back to back disappointing seasons.
    [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/blackmonk80/Sciassignatureversion2.jpg[/IMG]
    [U][B]"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past..."[/B][/U]
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-

sooo...how many wins does he need to pass Elway?
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Elway View Post
    sooo...how many wins does he need to pass Elway?
    Brett has 147 wins, John has 148 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
    Brett has 147 wins, John has 148 wins.
    that's not good news