Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brandon Marshall Back on the Field

"Brandon Marshall was back at practice — and it was under the coach’s orders.

Friday morning, Head Coach Mike Shanahan told the injured wide receiver that he would be donning the shoulder pads and going through the full morning’s work.

“He said it was just to challenge me, to see if I was mentally strong,” Marshall said. “He knew that I was in pain, and that it hurt, but he also knows it’s one of those things where you have to get out there, push yourself and be mentally tough.

“I was shocked. I was scared. But I guess that’s what it takes. Coach has 30 years of experienrce, and this is my second year, so of course I’ve just got to sit back and listen and go with the process.”

Marshall seemed to emerge none the worse for the wear, and even made a grab at Champ Bailey’s expense during the final period of practice, while looking crisp as he ran his first pass routes since the second day of minicamp exactly one month ago.

“I was kind of hestitant at first, but as you can see, I’ve got a smile on my face,” Marshall said after Friday’s practice.

More to come …"

Too bad it too the coach telling him to get his a** out there. he needs to have that drive on his own!!!
    Broncos Fan/Colorado Native Stuck In VA[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bryceleo View Post
    Too bad it too the coach telling him to get his a** out there. he needs to have that drive on his own!!!

True, but it's early in his career. Some people are naturally motivated; some need a lesson. If Marshall is as motivated to be in the NFL as he says he is, he can take this lesson, learn from it, and step up his game a bit. If he doesn't change his habits, then we have a problem...
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

If he came out no worse the wear, I'm glad to hear it...

Shanny probably wanted to get him ready to get some game exp. monday...

At the same time, I don't blame Marshall if it wasn't a drive issue... if he was worried about hurting himself and not being able to play later... that makes sense... but I'm glad he got out and practiced.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

There has to be a lot more to this story. B Marsh isn't a punk. Shanahan had to have some kind of go ahead from the training staff. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith
    http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/G/...riffithand.jpg

http://www.dewmocracy.com/assets/poster_SuperNova.jpg

Would you please add a link?
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
    There has to be a lot more to this story. B Marsh isn't a punk. Shanahan had to have some kind of go ahead from the training staff. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
    Would you please add a link?
    It's the last entry on Mason's blog.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    It's the last entry on Mason's blog.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason
    Thanks... I was starting to wonder. lol.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

I think it was all in his head. But then again I'm not feeling his pain.
    [center][IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/broncosphotos/_Adoption/Williams-ruffryder7447.jpg[/IMG][/center]

"That's why you throw a lot in the off-season, with nobody covering. You pretend it's Champ Bailey covering. You have to throw a perfect throw and run a perfect route." - Peyton Manning

What is the matter with this kid

Marshall nevertheless placed the blame for his absence on himself.

“It was just scar tissue in there. It was me not being mentally tough,” he said. “I’m sure there’s going to be a day where I’m down in the future. It’s one of those things I’m going to have to push through.”

Unbelievable. Is this guy seriously that soft?

He has got to get in there and fight for his spot. Rod Smith is not rubbing off on him to much. Hopefully he doesn't have any setbacks and this is the last of this.

Brandon really comes off soft as clam chowder though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bryceleo View Post
    "Brandon Marshall was back at practice — and it was under the coach’s orders.

Friday morning, Head Coach Mike Shanahan told the injured wide receiver that he would be donning the shoulder pads and going through the full morning’s work.

“He said it was just to challenge me, to see if I was mentally strong,” Marshall said. “He knew that I was in pain, and that it hurt, but he also knows it’s one of those things where you have to get out there, push yourself and be mentally tough.

“I was shocked. I was scared. But I guess that’s what it takes. Coach has 30 years of experienrce, and this is my second year, so of course I’ve just got to sit back and listen and go with the process.”

Marshall seemed to emerge none the worse for the wear, and even made a grab at Champ Bailey’s expense during the final period of practice, while looking crisp as he ran his first pass routes since the second day of minicamp exactly one month ago.

“I was kind of hestitant at first, but as you can see, I’ve got a smile on my face,” Marshall said after Friday’s practice.

More to come …"

If had no drive we wouldn't have gone out in the first place. He's not the first player who has needed a little push when dealing with a injury.

Elway was knocked for it until he played with a pulled muscle against the Steelers in the playoffs in his second season.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Atleast it sounds like he's doing good for his first time back in awhile, hopefully he can get ready for our 2nd pre season games.
    Last edited by rbk_bronco; 08-10-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbk_bronco View Post
    Atleast it sounds like he's doing good for his first time back in awhile, hopefully he can get ready for our 2nd pre season games.
    He might see some action Monday Night.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    He might see some action Monday Night.
    Really?, in Kaylore's report he sais Shanny said that Marshall is aiming for the Cowboys game or the Browns game...
    It would be pretty cool if we see him on monday even if it is for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rbk_bronco View Post
    Really?, in Kaylore's report he sais Shanny said that Marshall is aiming for the Cowboys game or the Browns game...
    It would be pretty cool if we see him on monday even if it is for a bit.
    I guess missed that part. When Kaylore tells us these things I taken at his word since he is at ground zero.

Thanks Snk16