X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryceleo
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2007

I look at it this way I played catcher in baseball for four seasons with severe scar tissue in my knee i know what it feels like. You ice it up take some advil and play. Just the way it is.

I understand this is the NFL but hey scar tissue is scar tissue you can take it out and comes right back but it's something you can get past very easily. So if this is all it is then it comes down to one thing in my mind when does he want to push himself and just go out there and do what he needs to do to earn his spot on the team????
    Broncos Fan/Colorado Native Stuck In VAsigpic

Comment

• ballen
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2006

If this is the first time he has had a scar tissue problem it is understandable that he is not sure if he is ready to go or not. It takes the trainers and Shanny to let him know that it is okay to push it. He could be thinking he might re-injure himself. I don't think he is being soft, I just think he hasn't had this kind of inury before and needs to be taught how it is supposed to feel. It's hard for the trainers because they can not actually feel what he is feeling. I'm still looking forward to a solid year from Marshall.

Comment

• rcsodak
        Step UP, or Step OFF!
        • Oct 2003

Fans calling NFL players "soft".....

PRICELESS!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• TXBRONC
          Captain
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
          Fans calling NFL players "soft".....

PRICELESS!

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh the other day and during the program he mentioned that one time was a pro game and sitting with some well known agent (unfortunately I don't the agents name). During the game the agent said something to the effect that most fans wouldn't even get up from the hits these guys take.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• gobroncsnv
            Special Teams
            • Oct 2004

It was Leigh Steinberg.

This is all too true... Those that have played ball up to even the college level have a hard time adjusting to the speed and physicality of this game. I guess that is why the commercials with "Joe Sixpack" in the locker room (and being shown a players jock strap) and training room (getting a dislocated finger popped back in) are so right on. It's one thing to watch these guys on TV, another thing to get out there and run with them.

My main concern about BMarsh is him getting his timing with Cutler back, and it sounds like they pretty much clicked on his first practice back. I like the kid's game, and I'm not worried about his "softness". Seemed to me like he made plays whenever he was given a chance. That said, I'm glad to see we have someone, both players AND Shanny, pushing him. He still needs to earn it.

Comment

• Broncosinindy
              Thunder God
              • Mar 2004

These players maybe tougher then your average fan but i will say as of this point Marshall is on the bottom as far as it goes in the pros.
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• gobroncsnv
                Special Teams
                • Oct 2004

Interesting quote that you have in your sig...

Comment

• Broncosinindy
                  Thunder God
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gobroncsnv View Post
                  Interesting quote that you have in your sig...
                  Being a ex bull rider i know all about pain. football players couldnt hold a candle to a professional bull rider.

There are people that can handle it and there are people that cant. the ones that cant arent around v ery long

Comment

• gobroncsnv
                    Special Teams
                    • Oct 2004

Not even going to try to compare how many ways, let alone the severity, a bull rider can get messed over. Just that a wide receiver with bad quads is fairly useless. He's young, and from all reports I've seen, hasn't experienced much in the way of scar tissue before... thought it was still pulled. Upshot is, Shanny got him back out there and showed him he could play through it, and he seemed to do really well, especially for a first day back. I just chalk it up to a lesson learned. I think he'll be just fine.

Comment

• Broncosinindy
                      Thunder God
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gobroncsnv View Post
                      Not even going to try to compare how many ways, let alone the severity, a bull rider can get messed over. Just that a wide receiver with bad quads is fairly useless. He's young, and from all reports I've seen, hasn't experienced much in the way of scar tissue before... thought it was still pulled. Upshot is, Shanny got him back out there and showed him he could play through it, and he seemed to do really well, especially for a first day back. I just chalk it up to a lesson learned. I think he'll be just fine.
                      No Bullriders ride through with pain. on a daily basis they ride with injuries that put football players out indefinetly. You dont know how many times i have ridden with injuries. Bull riders always ride with strained groins torn biceps etcetc i could go on all day.

Its called "cowboy up" i suggest marshall do a little bit of it.

Oh next time instead of trying to take pot shots at me. you might take a look at those dear words in my sig and try to understand them.

Comment

Working...
                      X