Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
    Thats a little unfair to say about Brandon.
    you gotta suck it up, I mean, Gary Zimmerman played with a broken arm one time.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    How many games have we played this year?

No use in returning to practice early risking another injury without a game.

He will be starting week 1, and we all will be very happy.

Hixon is not a starting WR in this league. He is no Santana Moss / Steve Smith, whos lack of size is made up with their incredible athletic ability. Get real.
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    I would rather him be completely healthy for the final 2 weeks or preseason than get re-injured and be out even longer. Meh, at least hes practicing now(and looking pretty good according too shanny).
    Last edited by Broncosfreak_56; 08-12-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
    Thats a little unfair to say about Brandon.
    Not in my opinion.

Unless he can stop complaining to the media and start being a man, I think that he is an arrogant little girl.

How about a magic trick?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I'm sorry Kap but I don't agree either.

We would be much better off looking for someone in the draft. Not the first round though, that has to be reserved for WR or possibly S if someone else apart from Kenny Phillips shows up this NCAA season. Also an Offensive lineman in the first round could be another option if our young guys struggle this year.
    Safety in the first, sure. But unless Marshall flops and nobody else steps up, I doubt we'll take a receiver in the first. Also, most of the Broncos' style of offensive linemen drop down the draft a bit so we're generally better off not wasting that high of a draft pick there.

Of course, it's impossible to predict right now considering we have no idea where we'll be drafting (hopefully at #32 ), who will be available, and what weird things might happen to the team between now and the draft that could alter our position(s) of need.

Wait, why are we even talking draft needs when we haven't even had our first preseason game yet? Ah, I guess it's never too early to look to the future...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by TD Machine View Post
    How many games have we played this year?

No use in returning to practice early risking another injury without a game.

He will be starting week 1, and we all will be very happy.

Hixon is not a starting WR in this league. He is no Santana Moss / Steve Smith, whos lack of size is made up with their incredible athletic ability. Get real.

Hmmm, Mike Shanahan told him to suck it up and get out on the field. So stop playing Head Coach. Marshalls MRI was clean, no more damage, just pain, and this is football, you are supposed to Play through the PAIN.

And Frankly, i believe that playing with a broken arm is worse than a strained muscle, or whatever brandon had.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    Safety in the first, sure. But unless Marshall flops and nobody else steps up, I doubt we'll take a receiver in the first. Also, most of the Broncos' style of offensive linemen drop down the draft a bit so we're generally better off not wasting that high of a draft pick there.

Of course, it's impossible to predict right now considering we have no idea where we'll be drafting (hopefully at #32 ), who will be available, and what weird things might happen to the team between now and the draft that could alter our position(s) of need.

Wait, why are we even talking draft needs when we haven't even had our first preseason game yet? Ah, I guess it's never too early to look to the future...
    Marshall could flop and even worse, he could piss Shanahan off even more.

I agree with the middle part of your post. Any crazy thing could happen, it's too early to say exactly what we will need next draft but I'm just going by what our team looks like now.

How about a magic trick?

Arrogant little girl?

Boy, he sure didn't play like it last year. He looked like a regular, 6-4, 220+, muscle-bound freak with an excessive mean-streak last year. He can be an arrogant little girl, in training camp, all he wants.

WE TALKIN' 'BOUT PRACTICE!

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
    Arrogant little girl?

Boy, he sure didn't play like it last year. He looked like a regular, 6-4, 220+, muscle-bound freak with an excessive mean-streak last year. He can be an arrogant little girl, in training camp, all he wants.

WE TALKIN' 'BOUT PRACTICE!
    you dont practice, you dont play

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Marshall could flop and even worse, he could piss Shanahan off even more.
    Man, people are way overreacting to this situation with Marshall. It's over and his back on the field. Let's see if it happens again before getting into the petty name-calling.

I agree with the middle part of your post. Any crazy thing could happen, it's too early to say exactly what we will need next draft but I'm just going by what our team looks like now.
    That's why I said I guess it's never too early. But it is kind of early...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Man, people are way overreacting to this situation with Marshall. It's over and his back on the field. Let's see if it happens again before getting into the petty name-calling.

Agreed, and I don't get where all this "arrogant" stuff is coming from either. Shanny told him he'd better practice, and he did...I didn't see anything inflammatory in the comments BM made afterwards.

I simply wasn't impressed with how he was complaining to the media. That's not the way to do it, it's childish and it doesn't give a good impression about the guy who is supposed to be the future of our WR unit (after Walker has MVP performances the next few years ).

And I agree.

How about a magic trick?

That's a shame about Holdman, and not just because we suddenly find that ton of FA LBs disappearing left and right. Hopefully he can make a full recovery, God bless him. I know Sundquist will be disappointed, since he's the guy who said they thought Holdman could play any LB spot, and with Bates' beloved Moore gone to his knee injury just as when Bates first drafted him in Miami the pickings are getting slim for us at LB. Hopefully Lewis or Vaughn shine, because while I know a lot of folks like playing their backup MLB at SLB, Webster's all we've got at MLB after D.J. (yeah, I don't like to think about it either.... ) I wouldn't really want to see one of the guys competing for the SLB job have to shift gears to WLB if Gold got hurt, heaven forbid, so I'm really more comfortable with Green behind him (not to mention the fact Green's <230) even if Cargille makes the team and his trial as a WLB is successful.

So, since we're apparently shopping Warren and missing one of the two experienced players we were looking at to be our new SLB...

Can we sign Randall Godfrey NOW? Please?

Needless to say, I also want a LB in the first round next year, or at least on the first day, someone like D.J. who can play the critical MLB spot as well as SLB.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!
    I never wanted a sig. I still don't.RIP, D-Will and Damien Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    It's sad that Holdman was waived, but his injury is not the kind of thing you just bounce back from.

Hopefully we get a chance to sign him next season.
    I'll agree with you. Some people seem to think that we need pro bowlers at every position. Holdman is clearly a solid player. He's been a starter for the last two teams he was on. Just because he's not spectacular, it doesn't mean he can't help a team win games. The Bears' defense is solid and the Redskins' defense usually isn't too shabby, I think last year might have been a bad year for them, but Greg Robinson usually has them playing at a pretty good level. When you can start for those teams on defense, you're probably pretty good at what you do. Maybe we can bring him back later in the season if he's cleared to play.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TD Machine View Post

I would really like to know what points you in this direction. Offseason comments from proven talent (Champ) leads me to disagree with you.
    Let's just wait till we actually watch him play a 'Live' game before stating what Hixon is not and who he is not like.............

Less than 12 hours should clear things up just a bit.....
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1342/johnfoxavy120.png