Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    849

    Thumbs up 2008 Free-Agency - Boss Bailey --- reunite him with his brother!



    My brother is a huge huge fan of Detroit so I follow the lions from time to time, and I think Boss Bailey is one of the fastest LBs I have ever seen play, he can hit too, hes been shuffled around in Detroit and hes been plagued by injuries but maybe he needs a fresh start? He was a 5 star LB coming out of college and hes brothers with Champ that has to stand for something in terms of talent.

    What do you think of the idea of bringing him back.


    according to this he is currently listed as the starting strong side backer but will share time with Alex Lewis, if hes not the clear cut starter chances are he won't be re-signed, so what do you think about re-uniting champ with his bro and maybe solve our SSLB problem? He said he models his game after derrick brooks

    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=1884

    hes an incredible athlete just like his brother, I believe he would be a good safety too if he wanted to.

    48-inch -- vertical jump
    4.35 -- 40-yard dash

    Boss and Champ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,013
    boss is ok but he isnt champ good.


    it looks like champ got most of the talent in the family

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dyna$ty View Post


    My brother is a huge huge fan of Detroit so I follow the lions from time to time, and I think Boss Bailey is one of the fastest LBs I have ever seen play, he can hit too, hes been shuffled around in Detroit and hes been plagued by injuries but maybe he needs a fresh start? He was a 5 star LB coming out of college and hes brothers with Champ that has to stand for something in terms of talent.

    What do you think of the idea of bringing him back.


    according to this he is currently listed as the starting strong side backer but will share time with Alex Lewis, if hes not the clear cut starter chances are he won't be re-signed, so what do you think about re-uniting champ with his bro and maybe solve our SSLB problem? He said he models his game after derrick brooks

    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=1884

    hes an incredible athlete just like his brother, I believe he would be a good safety too if he wanted to.

    48-inch -- vertical jump
    4.35 -- 40-yard dash

    Boss and Champ
    That would be nice to see both Bailey brothers on the same team,I wish we could trade for him now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    568
    I've always liked Boss, but he is not on the same level as Champ. If he is available next offseason I wouldn't mind us giving him a look. He just has to stay healthy for a whole season to show what he can do in this league

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    48 inch vertical jump?! That's insane! Are you sure that's correct?

    I think I read somewhere that he had a 40 inch vertical jump, which was actually 2 inches higher that what Champ did at the combine.

    I think he could be worth a look, especially if the coaches feel he can play SAM backer, where we need the most help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,165
    The Lions fans don't like him too much because of his inability to stay healthy, and because he allegedly is "afraid" to tackle after his injury(s).

    Dream might have a good knowledge of Bailey's skills, seeing as he gets NFC North coverage where he lives in Dakota, and isn't blinded by hate as a Lion fan.


    150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

    D.J. 55's Mock Draft:


    Denver Broncos General Manager

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    While that is a good pick up i think i would rather have bryant johnson(sp) wide reciever Arizona
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Bailey is mediocre. Karlos Dansby would be an ideal pick-up, but he'll get a great deal of money.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,018
    Sounds like a legit reason.

    I would however prefer to get Barrett Ruud from the Bucs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,738

    Dansby will never see free agency, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Bailey is mediocre. Karlos Dansby would be an ideal pick-up, but he'll get a great deal of money.

    Bailey is a lot more realistic than Dansby....And Bailey is better than....?....Who is the SLB for the Broncos?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    well, he couldnt be any worse then the stiffs playing the Strongside right now, one thing Boss has is speed so i say why not?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    48 inch vertical jump?! That's insane! Are you sure that's correct?

    I think I read somewhere that he had a 40 inch vertical jump, which was actually 2 inches higher that what Champ did at the combine.

    I think he could be worth a look, especially if the coaches feel he can play SAM backer, where we need the most help.
    Well if thats true aboiut them not liking him up there and we currently need a Sam LB, maybe the whole warren trade is going in that direction.

    Also he is a very good friend of Dre Bly's so even if he didnt come here today Im sure he'd consider Denver over any other team first.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    162
    I live in Michigan and unfortunately I watch every Lions game (when the Broncos aren't on). Boss has an enormous amount of talent but has not been able to showcase it due to his injuries. I think he would be a good pickup at the right price. He is fast as can be and has a ton of skill. The Lions faithful have grown frustrated with him as he can't stay healthy for a whole season. If he doesn't show anything this year Millan and Marinelli will let him go. If we could get him for cheap I think it is well worth the risk.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheffler88 View Post
    I live in Michigan and unfortunately I watch every Lions game (when the Broncos aren't on). Boss has an enormous amount of talent but has not been able to showcase it due to his injuries. I think he would be a good pickup at the right price. He is fast as can be and has a ton of skill. The Lions faithful have grown frustrated with him as he can't stay healthy for a whole season. If he doesn't show anything this year Millan and Marinelli will let him go. If we could get him for cheap I think it is well worth the risk.
    just picked him up in my madden 08 franchise . traded holdman and some draft picks
    @MisterBerman

    Go Broncos

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    315
    me too except i got shaun rogers too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •