Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

B-Marsh..taken from Mason's blog

taken from Andrew Mason's blog this morning...

" Wide receiver Brandon Marshall worked with the first team and expects to make his game debut Saturday night. “I’ll play this week,” he said. He added that while the physical portion of his recovery was complete, he still had some work to do in order to make it back to 100 percent, but that “it’s mental now. It’s all mental.” …"

seriously now...is it just me or do any of you think Brandon needs to quit bein a weeny with all this mental stuff? i mean this is the NFL. time to MAN UP Brandon!

Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 08-15-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Elway View Post

" Wide receiver Brandon Marshall worked with the first team and expects to make his game debut Saturday night. “I’ll play this week,” he said. He added that while the physical portion of his recovery was complete, he still had some work to do in order to make it back to 100 percent, but that “it’s mental now. It’s all mental.” …"

seriously now...is it just me or do any of you think Brandon needs to quit bein a weeny with all this mental stuff? i mean this is the NFL. time to MAN UP Brandon!

He is in his 2nd year and trying to get over the mental hurdles, I think it's good that he admits there is some things he had to do to push himself and overcome.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 08-15-2007 at 02:51 PM.

seriously now...is it just me or do any of you think Brandon needs to quit bein a puss with all this mental stuff? i mean this is the NFL. time to MAN UP Brandon!

Do you know what exactly he means when he says its all mental? Does he mean of fighting through the pain, or does he mean making himself PUSH despite feeling as though its going to injure again? Maybe he just means its nothing is physically wrong with him, now the GAME is just mentally doing it?

I think its pretty easy for people to sit on the sideline, and tell a kid to get on the field and "play through the pain" when they don't have a single thing to lose if they DO re-injure themselves. When most of the people here, stay home if they have a belly ache, or miss their softball game because they pulled a hammy trying to get their fat butt to first base before the 3rd baseman makes that throw.

So far, Mashall hasn't refused to do a SINGLE thing the coaches have asked him to do.... not one.

" Wide receiver Brandon Marshall worked with the first team and expects to make his game debut Saturday night. Ill play this week, he said. He added that while the physical portion of his recovery was complete, he still had some work to do in order to make it back to 100 percent, but that its mental now. Its all mental. "

seriously now...is it just me or do any of you think Brandon needs to quit bein a puss with all this mental stuff? i mean this is the NFL. time to MAN UP Brandon!

Considering just about every player comming back from any injury says something about the mental part, I would say you just don't like Brandon and are looking for ways to dog him.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr you can stop complaining and ACTING like you think you know what he's going through. Are you in the NFL? Do you know how hard it is to be in the NFL?

Pipe down kid. YOU need to stop whining, cause B Marsh will be on the field.
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

actually...believe it or not i like Marshall. sorry if it seems to me like i've heard this "just mental now" thing a little too much in the past week. just stating my opinion on it...nothing wrong with that right?

resume flaming
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

actually...believe it or not i like Marshall. sorry if it seems to me like i've heard this "just mental now" thing a little too much in the past week. just stating my opinion on it
    I tore all 3 ligaments in my foot in May. I have a mental block every time I want to run, jog, or jump up and down.

Should I shut up and stop complaining about my "mental" block because im not being tough enough or something?
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TD Machine View Post
    I tore all 3 ligaments in my foot in May. I have a mental block every time I want to run, jog, or jump up and down.

Should I shut up and stop complaining about my "mental" block because im not being tough enough or something?
    lol calm down man...jeez. sorry i ever made this thread.

" Wide receiver Brandon Marshall worked with the first team and expects to make his game debut Saturday night. Ill play this week, he said. He added that while the physical portion of his recovery was complete, he still had some work to do in order to make it back to 100 percent, but that its mental now. Its all mental. "

what in the hell are you talkign about? He said it is all mental because it IS all mental. I dont understand what it is that you want. He said he is playing that should be good enough. Stop acting like you know what scar tissure feels like.

Actually, the way I interpret his quotes is that he just has to mentally get back up to speed after missing so much practice. I mean, the other players all have a couple weeks edge on him so he's mentally behind all of them.

If you'll notice, Marshall doesn't mention his injury there. It's Mason who mentions that his physically recovery is complete.

Makes sense to me. He's at a disadvantage and needs to get back up to speed. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress Saturday night.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

i think he's playing it smart. and not covering up his intentions or actions. when most players do what he does, they just keep quiet about their actions and when asked about their intentions during interviews, they flip through the stereotypical football rolodex and give the "well i'm trying to get better and it's one step at a time and it's hard work BLAH".

i think we're so caught up with pounding our chests and proving how super manly we are, that we forget that he could reaggrevate something and be out even longer, and then we'd all just be pissed off about that, too. so many players have stupidly tried to come back while hurt, and hurt themselves again. careers have been ended because we think "be a man, play hurt" is the right idea. the problem is, we can't see the fine line that seperates when you should play and when you shouldn't.

i think he's being smart. it's week 2 of the preseason, it's not like we're going for a playoff spot. let him fix it as best as he needs to, and if he still pulls this later, maybe then we start thinking that he's kind of a wuss.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

There's no need to be critical of Marshall for saying that the work is all mental now. I had problems with some of the things he said while he was still rehabbing, but now that he's back and appears willing to put in the work, we can cut him some slack. He's a young player who perhaps was a little too focused on being injured and not focused enough on getting back on the field, but he says he learned from the situation so we should give him a chance to prove it before we start calling him a "puss". When he says that work is all mental now, he could mean that he just has catch up on his timing and the playbook.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

lol calm down man...jeez. sorry i ever made this thread.
    you just got lit up
    Pro McD

^^^ I just saw that movie, and that sig/avatar is hilarious lol

Maybe itISmental but nothing to do with his injury. If you watched the Javon interview on HBO's Real Sports, it seemed as if the actions of Brandon Marshall and Brandon's cousin may have been the fuel behind the thugs actions that night.

According to five friends of Williams from Fort Worth, Texas who talked to Andrea Kremer with HBO's "Real Sports", it started when another Broncos wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, started popping champagne bottles and spraying them into the crowd. Two of the men the champagne got on were suspected gang members and went to confront Marshall, who was sitting with Williams.

Those two men were then kicked out of the club.

Walker, who was not sitting with Williams in the club, says the first signs he saw of trouble were when he went to leave at 2 a.m. Walker says Marshall's cousin was having an altercation outside the club with the same two men who were kicked out earlier.

Williams and Walker tried to intervene and get Marshall and his cousin to just walk away.

"I kind of got between, I was like, 'Man don't worry about it,'" Walker told Kremer.

That is when Williams invited Walker into his limousine and Walker agreed.

"We were the last two to get in so we could sit next to each other," said Walker.

As Williams, Walker and the others drove away from the club at 2:10 a.m., someone opened fire, hitting their limo with 14 shots at 11th and Speer Boulevard.

Maybe Brandon is putting some of the unnecessary blame on himself.