Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    182

    Warren Trade Talks

    Just read a short story about him possibly being traded to Colts anyone know any details on this or what players are involved in this trade?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Do you have a link

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    182
    Its' under the fantasy football section under player news but ill post it here:


    Gerard Warren
    Warren trade talks continue in Denver, with Washington and Indianapolis emerging as the most likely suitors, the Denver Post reports.

    Fantasy Spin: The Colts could be a good fit because they recently lost defensive tackle Anthony McFarland for the season. However, if the Broncos can't work out a trade, some believe Warren may be released.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    I really hope he doesn't end up on the Colts. Their bad defense looks very promissing this year. Enough so that I think we finally have a chance to beat them in the playoffs, if both make it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    I disagree, i would like him to go to the cotls, as they are the most desperate for a dt, i think we could get the most for him there. a good pick or player....I really have no idea what player they would have to spare that we would want, but a good pick for sure.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I disagree, i would like him to go to the cotls, as they are the most desperate for a dt, i think we could get the most for him there. a good pick or player....I really have no idea what player they would have to spare that we would want, but a good pick for sure.
    Plus, it's not like Warren would shut down Denver's running game when they play the Colts this season. He's an average player (at best), so why are people so opposed to him going to the Colts? A 4th round pick in exchange for his services would be nice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Plus, it's not like Warren would shut down Denver's running game when they play the Colts this season. He's an average player (at best), so why are people so opposed to him going to the Colts? A 4th round pick in exchange for his services would be nice.
    We don't want him on the Colts because (no matter how bad you think he is) he is only going to improve them. I don't think I need to give a history lesson here on how Denver does against the Colts. I think it is also pretty self explanitory on why I would rather not see them improve, let alone help them in the process.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    We don't want him on the Colts because (no matter how bad you think he is) he is only going to improve them. I don't think I need to give a history lesson here on how Denver does against the Colts. I think it is also pretty self explanitory on why I would rather not see them improve, let alone help them in the process.

    Warren would only marginally improve the Colts. They would help us by giving us a nice mid-round draft pick (hopefully). That clear enough for you?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Warren would only marginally improve the Colts. They would help us by giving us a nice mid-round draft pick (hopefully). That clear enough for you?
    I didn't really need that cleared up since you just said the same thing again.

    Also, he would really help out the Colts who just lost a DT and are in desperate need of one. They also have lost a ton of defense and Warren would be a huge improvement for them at this point. Even if he only helped them a little, your trade doesn't help us at all this season. I think we have a real chance this season to make some noise, so I would rather not improve our compitition without improving ourselves. A mid round draft pick does nothing for this team at this point.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    I dont feel confortable going into the season with 2 new DTs up the middle.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Odessa, TX.
    Posts
    11,044
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    I really hope he doesn't end up on the Colts. Their bad defense looks very promissing this year. Enough so that I think we finally have a chance to beat them in the playoffs, if both make it.

    You really think so? They have lost a couple players from that defense to free agency did they not?
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

    Thanks Snk16

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Warren would only marginally improve the Colts. They would help us by giving us a nice mid-round draft pick (hopefully). That clear enough for you?
    It's a conditional 7th round pick that can go as high as a 6th. Remember, if he doesn't get traded, he gets released, so anything is better than nothing. Considering it's Indianapolis, it basically is a 7th anyways because they will finish with one of the better records in the NFL most likely.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    It's a conditional 7th round pick that can go as high as a 6th. Remember, if he doesn't get traded, he gets released, so anything is better than nothing. Considering it's Indianapolis, it basically is a 7th anyways because they will finish with one of the better records in the NFL most likely.
    I agree with you Silky anything is better than nothing i see Warren being released if nothing breaks and teams could be leaning back waiting for Warren to be released.Warren will be a one year rental for whoever picks him up.I dont see any team giving Warren a dump load of money next season IMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I agree with you Silky anything is better than nothing i see Warren being released if nothing breaks and teams could be leaning back waiting for Warren to be released.Warren will be a one year rental for whoever picks him up.I dont see any team giving Warren a dump load of money next season IMO.
    well i also think and agree that he will be a one year rental, but i think they cant afford for him to get released. heres why:

    any team can pick him up, and they have such a huge whole there that they cant take that chance.

    2. I may be wrong on this part but, his salary this year is like 660k, if he gets released who ever signs him will have to sign him to a new contract and i think warren will want more as he knows that he will probably be a fa the next year as well- so he will want to get as much money as he can this year.

    so i think we will get a 5th at the worst from the colts.

    or

    portis from the redskins
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,349
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    well i also think and agree that he will be a one year rental, but i think they cant afford for him to get released. heres why:

    any team can pick him up, and they have such a huge whole there that they cant take that chance.

    2. I may be wrong on this part but, his salary this year is like 660k, if he gets released who ever signs him will have to sign him to a new contract and i think warren will want more as he knows that he will probably be a fa the next year as well- so he will want to get as much money as he can this year.

    so i think we will get a 5th at the worst from the colts.

    or

    portis from the redskins
    Yeah,personally i think Warren is still bitter over his paycut and wants out.It shows a lot of class from the Broncos organization to give Warren his wishes.I wish we could keep him on the roster, our running defense looks terrible without him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •