Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

denver post article

Warren still waiting

Defensive tackle Gerard Warren is waiting to be traded.

Through his friend, Darnell Davis, Warren said he has come to terms with the Broncos' decision to trade him. All he is waiting for is the call to make it official. Indianapolis and Washington are among the teams Denver is still talking to about Warren.

"Gerard is happy, he's just waiting to hear what's next," Davis said. "He wants the Denver fans to know he enjoyed his time here. He has no hard feelings."

Warren is still being paid a training camp per diem by the Broncos, but he didn't travel with the team to San Francisco for Monday's game or to Dallas on Tuesday. The Broncos maintain that Warren could remain with the team and they may be leaning toward that option rather than cutting him. If that's the case, Warren would be back Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by unc69it View Post
    Warren still waiting

Defensive tackle Gerard Warren is waiting to be traded.

Through his friend, Darnell Davis, Warren said he has come to terms with the Broncos' decision to trade him. All he is waiting for is the call to make it official. Indianapolis and Washington are among the teams Denver is still talking to about Warren.

"Gerard is happy, he's just waiting to hear what's next," Davis said. "He wants the Denver fans to know he enjoyed his time here. He has no hard feelings."

Warren is still being paid a training camp per diem by the Broncos, but he didn't travel with the team to San Francisco for Monday's game or to Dallas on Tuesday. The Broncos maintain that Warren could remain with the team and they may be leaning toward that option rather than cutting him. If that's the case, Warren would be back Monday.
    It would be nice to just keep him for the size that he brings to the front. I also like his playing, but it seems that he doesn't play the way Bates likes.

If we have to trade him, I would rather it be with Washington. They just ask for us to rip them off.

Thumbs up

yeah kinda like the portis for bly trade we all know who got the best of that trade........... Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by unc69it View Post
    yeah kinda like the portis for bly trade we all know who got the best of that trade........... Go Broncos
    Portis for champ...

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Portis for champ...
    well actually the pick that the skins threw in turned out to be tatum bell, who we eventually traded for dre (plus foster). so we traded foster and portis for champ and dre
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    well actually the pick that the skins threw in turned out to be tatum bell, who we eventually traded for dre (plus foster). so we traded foster and portis for champ and dre
    Does anyone remember when we didn't have a good corner? I remember the year we drafted Middlebrooks, Nate Clements got picked like two or three picks before us and then we came up and I was like who is this guy? But four years later look at us now...

Anyway I would hope we can get a player swap for Warren a draft pick doesn't make sense, we could just keep him and trade him after the season. We need help at SLB, maybe Safety and the main priority is probably Oline, I just think it might be tough to find a starter there.
    Last edited by Dub-DeuceKnight; 08-16-2007 at 09:01 PM.

I hate that we are dealing him. I know he doesn't like the system so perhaps it is primarily a thing to keep locker room peace, but I was really looking forward to a Warren + Adams middle line.

I'm still worried that we're going to trade him for a song. I would still rather trade him for a player in an area of need for us than for a second day draft pick. While Warren is no Tommie Harris, Chris Jenkins, or Marcus Stroud he is on par with the league average for a DT. We still have some holes on the roster for this year that need filling. We need Safety depth, and our Offensive Line and WRs are looking more and more like a M.A.S.H. unit. I'd much rather have a comparable (average - potentially starting caliber or 1st tier backup) player in return than a draft pick that won't help us out this year.

Now is the time for this team to shine. We haven't had this kind of talent on both sides of the ball since the Superbowl years. I think we really need to continue making a push for a complete roster that can compete and compensate for injuries instead of going down the tubes if a starter or two goes down (like our defense last year when Ferguson, Brandon, and Wilson were injured).

Won't we look really stupid if we trade Warren for a 5th round pick and in the first few weeks Sam Adams and Jimmy Kennedy are lost to injury (that's right up there with trading Matt Schaub when you already know the Feds are looking at Vick). Gee, that leaves our starting DTs as Amon Gordon and Alvin McKinley with Marcus Thomas as the backup...not exactly confidence inspiring. At least if we get a player in return, we'll have hopefully strengthened another position of need instead of just looking forward to drafting a career STer next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I'm still worried that we're going to trade him for a song. I would still rather trade him for a player in an area of need for us than for a second day draft pick. While Warren is no Tommie Harris, Chris Jenkins, or Marcus Stroud he is on par with the league average for a DT. We still have some holes on the roster for this year that need filling. We need Safety depth, and our Offensive Line and WRs are looking more and more like a M.A.S.H. unit. I'd much rather have a comparable (average - potentially starting caliber or 1st tier backup) player in return than a draft pick that won't help us out this year.

Now is the time for this team to shine. We haven't had this kind of talent on both sides of the ball since the Superbowl years. I think we really need to continue making a push for a complete roster that can compete and compensate for injuries instead of going down the tubes if a starter or two goes down (like our defense last year when Ferguson, Brandon, and Wilson were injured).

Won't we look really stupid if we trade Warren for a 5th round pick and in the first few weeks Sam Adams and Jimmy Kennedy are lost to injury (that's right up there with trading Matt Schaub when you already know the Feds are looking at Vick). Gee, that leaves our starting DTs as Amon Gordon and Alvin McKinley with Marcus Thomas as the backup...not exactly confidence inspiring. At least if we get a player in return, we'll have hopefully strengthened another position of need instead of just looking forward to drafting a career STer next year.
    For the most part I agree with you. I don't want to trade Warren for a song and dance. However, if he's not playing with any kind of effort how effective will he be and is he being disruption in the locker room?
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    For the most part I agree with you. I don't want to trade Warren for a song and dance. However, if he's not playing with any kind of effort how effective will he be and is he being disruption in the locker room?
    Let's not make this into more than it is. There have been no reports of Warren being a disruption in the locker room. In fact the report I heard said he has no ill feelings towards the Broncos. I still think there is a chance he stays this year and is cut after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    Let's not make this into more than it is. There have been no reports of Warren being a disruption in the locker room. In fact the report I heard said he has no ill feelings towards the Broncos. I still think there is a chance he stays this year and is cut after the season.
    I'm not making it into more than it is. I have read that he's been complaining from other posters. I'm not saying its accurate and I'm not saying he would be, it's just a question.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Washington Redskins Interested In Warren

The Redskins are looking to acquire Warren fresh off the wire

http://www.kffl.com/player/441/NFL

What Happened???

Funny picture I took at training camp day 2...kind of sums up Gerard's status on the team. Did he forget there was practice, or his gear, or the formations...perhaps that he has to not assume his big contract locks him on the team? Anyway, GO BRONCOS!

The Shadow

Personally, I hope the Broncos can't trade him and hang onto him... I believe that if he's allowed to play, he'll play like he's capable of and I'm fairly sure he's not a distraction in the locker room since he wasn't causing a rukus about being traded.

I'd love to see Portis come back to us. Maybe G.War and a draft pick for him or something like that. I know we have Henry, but Clinton was a beast here, and would be again. I always did (and still do) feel like he's just as good as LT. On the flip side of that, the Skins DID draft LaRon Landry, maybe we trade Warren for Sean Taylor???? Our D would be...
    [B]Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV. [/B][IMG]http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/interviews/JeffreyRocL.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/jaycutlerfanclub/Fan%20Cards/frohawk27.jpg[/IMG]