Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FroHawk27 View Post
    I'd love to see Portis come back to us. Maybe G.War and a draft pick for him or something like that. I know we have Henry, but Clinton was a beast here, and would be again. I always did (and still do) feel like he's just as good as LT. On the flip side of that, the Skins DID draft LaRon Landry, maybe we trade Warren for Sean Taylor???? Our D would be...
    Signing Portis would not be a smart option considering a) Henry's contract (and the fact we'd have to pay Clinton too) and b) that he's been crocked pretty consistently for the last couple of seasons. And as good a player as Sean Taylor is, he's an utter twit. We don't have room in the locker room for someone like that.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 08-18-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm not making it into more than it is. I have read that he's been complaining from other posters. I'm not saying its accurate and I'm not saying he would be, it's just a question.
    There is almost no point in trading Warren for a 6th or 7th round pick from the Colts! That's totally worthless! Remember that Ted Sundquist said that they always intended to use their later (5th-7th round) picks this year as trade bait to try and move up in the draft -- because they didn't even project their 5th or later round picks making the team)!

Indianapolis's draft position is about the worst in the league and has been for years. Aside from the SB and conference champions (if they don't repeat) they average about 12 wins a season and can confidently expect to win maybe 12, 13 or 14 games this year too, so that pick is about as good as an undrafted FA.

I'd rather keep Warren on the roster as a backup than that! He might not be very good, but he's big and a warm body, which is better than Demetrin Veal. He's been practicing with the 1st team on defense.

Next, while there's been lots of statements on this site aobut how Warren was complaining or demanding a trade the ACTUAL statement from his agent "Warren has come to terms with his situation" means that he WASN'T seeking or expecting to be traded. He thought everything was o.k. and then BOOM! He's being traded! Obviously the coaches weren't getting through to him, since he doesn't seem to have understood how unhappy the team was with him, but that's happened before. Foster never understood why HE was traded either and just shrugged his shoulders and said "they never explained it to me."

It sounds like Warren expected to be on the Broncos this year and was surprised they wanted to get rid of him. He doesn't mind because it means going to another team where he may have a chance to be a penetrating under-tackle rather than playing a role of plugger. But, it certainly doesn't sound like Warren was mouthing off or something.

If Denver can't get a decent backup player at either LB or WR or possibly offensive line, then I'd say keep Warren around for the season. He's still better than most of Denver's DTs, including Jimmy Kennedy, who looks likely to take his place in the lineup.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-18-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

I'd love to see Portis come back to us. Maybe G.War and a draft pick for him or something like that. I know we have Henry, but Clinton was a beast here, and would be again. I always did (and still do) feel like he's just as good as LT. On the flip side of that, the Skins DID draft LaRon Landry, maybe we trade Warren for Sean Taylor???? Our D would be...
    This has to be CLinton's brother. Because there is not other person that could possibly make these statements about Clinton's talent OTHER than a blood relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There is almost no point in trading Warren for a 6th or 7th round pick from the Colts! That's totally worthless! Remember that Ted Sundquist said that they always intended to use their later (5th-7th round) picks this year as trade bait to try and move up in the draft -- because they didn't even project their 5th or later round picks making the team)!

Indianapolis's draft position is about the worst in the league and has been for years. Aside from the SB and conference champions (if they don't repeat) they average about 12 wins a season and can confidently expect to win maybe 12, 13 or 14 games this year too, so that pick is about as good as an undrafted FA.

I'd rather keep Warren on the roster as a backup than that! He might not be very good, but he's big and a warm body, which is better than Demetrin Veal. He's been practicing with the 1st team on defense.

Next, while there's been lots of statements on this site about how Warren was complaining or demanding a trade the ACTUAL statement from his agent "Warren has come to terms with his situation" means that he WASN'T seeking or expecting to be traded. He thought everything was o.k. and then BOOM! He's being traded! Obviously the coaches weren't getting through to him, since he doesn't seem to have understood how unhappy the team was with him, but that's happened before. Foster never understood why HE was traded either and just shrugged his shoulders and said "they never explained it to me."

It sounds like Warren expected to be on the Broncos this year and was surprised they wanted to get rid of him. He doesn't mind because it means going to another team where he may have a chance to be a penetrating under-tackle rather than playing a role of plugger. But, it certainly doesn't sound like Warren was mouthing off or something.

If Denver can't get a decent backup player at either LB or WR or possibly offensive line, then I'd say keep Warren around for the season. He's still better than most of Denver's DTs, including Jimmy Kennedy, who looks likely to take his place in the lineup.

I thought you had mentioned somewhere that Warren was disgruntled or something along those lines. I know I could be mistaken about but that is what I thought I had read.

Nevertheless, I agree I would rather keep him than release him or trade him to the Colts because that is almost as bad releasing him.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Three things Fro:

1.) No team in this League is going to pay that kind of money for two starting caliber runningbacks, this simply unrealistic.

2.) It would be dumb to have two legitimate "stud buffaloes" sharing the work load neither would be happen. And I'm sure Travis had belly full that crap when the Bill were stupid enough to draft McGahee.

3.) It's not realistic to think we would bring in Taylor. The Skins drafted Landry to play alone side of Taylor not replace him.

Thanks Snk16

This whole Warren thing is funny and yet, very fustrating at the same time.

Teams are'nt going to offer much (as were seeing) and are just going to sit back, see if and when he's released and then hope the contract they offer him is sexier than the rest.

And i really think who ever handled this situation rather it be Mikey, Bates or the FO....WHOEVER, but reporting "Warren does'nt fit the 2-gap scheme that Bates runs", was the WORST thing they could have said.

Over half the teams defenses in the league run the same scheme. And By reporting that, you have just scared all those teams off.

So now the size of the market that Denver now fishes in with Warren as bait, shrunk from the ocean.....to a water puddle.

I would rather keep him in case of an injury if anything, than trade him for a 5th, 6th or a 7th round choice or for someone elses sake....just cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by columbiaskinny View Post
    This whole Warren thing is funny and yet, very fustrating at the same time.

Teams are'nt going to offer much (as were seeing) and are just going to sit back, see if and when he's released and then hope the contract they offer him is sexier than the rest.

And i really think who ever handled this situation rather it be Mikey, Bates or the FO....WHOEVER, but reporting "Warren does'nt fit the 2-gap scheme that Bates runs", was the WORST thing they could have said.

Over half the teams defenses in the league run the same scheme. And By reporting that, you have just scared all those teams off.

So now the size of the market that Denver now fishes in with Warren as bait, shrunk from the ocean.....to a water puddle.

I would rather keep him in case of an injury if anything, than trade him for a 5th, 6th or a 7th round choice or for someone elses sake....just cut him.
    Warren's been in the league a long time and has played against most of the teams in it at some point, so all the GMs have a pretty good idea of what he's like. They don't need the Broncos to tell them anything other than if he's injured.

They know Bates and know that he wants DTs to clog and Warren didn't do well at that in Cleveland, hasn't fit in here either. His trade value is marginal at this point, and nobody is going to risk too much to acquire him.

Probably 3 or 4 teams will try and sign him as a FA if they don't have to pay too much. He'll be penciled in as a backup and you have a veteran who has starter experience and is big and talented (although he's a career underachiever). That's not a bad pickup for a team looking for some extra insurance.

As for the Colts they desperately need a DT since their starter is lost for the season. I don't know about the Redskins but their DTs were horrible last year so it makes sense for them as well. Those were the top teams to get Warren, but the Broncos haven't received any suitable trade offers.

Personally, I'd keep Warren, but if Bates prefers to keep Amon Gordon and McKinley then Warren just doesn't fit on the roster.

The real problem is that the Broncos have to carry three rookie DL this season and none of them is ready to start! That means they have to carry 10 DL in order to get experienced starters for the beginning of the season, then they have to consider special teams -- and Warren doesn't play STs while I assume that Gordon and McKinley do.

They also have to carry Crowder and Moss at DE which means they need to keep Engleberger since he's their only decent starter at LDE if they are cutting Kenard Lang (which they appear to be doing, he's #3 on the depth chart at this point).

So, Warren may just be the man out.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Well, the Portis coming back thing was really more or less just wishful thinking. C'mon ya'll, I'm not THAT retarded.

I don't wanna chase this rabbit too far, but Clinton IS JUST AS GOOD as Tomlinson. If you compare their stats year by year, you'll see that Portis has very similar #'s to LT. Bar the freak, once in a lifetime season LT had last year and they're practically the same player. Clinton actually averaged more yards per season over his first 4 years than LT did. And he has gained 15 hundy and 13 hundy for the Skins, so you can't give ALL the credit to the "Broncos running system" for his #'s.

Sean Taylor I think we could get. It's not like we have a reason to believe that they WON'T trade off a stud defender to fill a need, right? If we sent Warren and a draft pick to Wash for Taylor, I think we came out on top. Then instead of drafting a top-notch safety, we'd already have one and could go another way with the 32nd pick in the first round next year.
    [B]Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV. [/B][IMG]http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/interviews/JeffreyRocL.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/jaycutlerfanclub/Fan%20Cards/frohawk27.jpg[/IMG]

Well, the Portis coming back thing was really more or less just wishful thinking. C'mon ya'll, I'm not THAT retarded.

I don't wanna chase this rabbit too far, but Clinton IS JUST AS GOOD as Tomlinson. If you compare their stats year by year, you'll see that Portis has very similar #'s to LT. Bar the freak, once in a lifetime season LT had last year and they're practically the same player. Clinton actually averaged more yards per season over his first 4 years than LT did. And he has gained 15 hundy and 13 hundy for the Skins, so you can't give ALL the credit to the "Broncos running system" for his #'s.

Sean Taylor I think we could get. It's not like we have a reason to believe that they WON'T trade off a stud defender to fill a need, right? If we sent Warren and a draft pick to Wash for Taylor, I think we came out on top. Then instead of drafting a top-notch safety, we'd already have one and could go another way with the 32nd pick in the first round next year.
    Fro, Taylor is absolutely out of the question. Where do get the idea that he attainable? I have seen nothing that indicates that are ready to depart with him. Also what do we have in value to trade to the Skins for him? Good grief the guy was the 5th overall pick from 2004 draft class. It's wishful thinking that they will want Warren and multiple draft picks that even willing to deal, which there has been no indication that they want deal Taylor away.

Thanks Snk16

Hate to break it to you but Clinton isn't in the same league. His success in Denver was a good combination of his own skills and the system. He got 1500 and 1300 with the Skins, granted. He got those yards with 50-70 more carries than he had in Denver. So really the system helped the kid A LOT.

LT is a better back simply because he carried a really horrible team by himself for quite a long time. And he managed to get over 1500 yards consistently even though at the time they had a terrible OL.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by muse View Post
    Hate to break it to you but Clinton isn't in the same league. His success in Denver was a good combination of his own skills and the system. He got 1500 and 1300 with the Skins, granted. He got those yards with 50-70 more carries than he had in Denver. So really the system helped the kid A LOT.

LT is a better back simply because he carried a really horrible team by himself for quite a long time. And he managed to get over 1500 yards consistently even though at the time they had a terrible OL.
    See for yourself.

http://www.clintonportis.com/stats.html
    http://ladainiantomlinson.com/stats.htm

Looks to me like Clinton's Washington years are in line with LT's #'s and his Bronco years are better. I see what you're saying as far as total carries/avg, but again those #'s are the washington years that are about the same as LT's. Like I said of course not including last year where LT had the season of his life, that he'll likely not ever have again, the stats are very similar and comparable. LT has done a little more receiving, but he's also the only one on that team that they give the ball other than Gates. As for carrying a team that ain't great, what were the Skins before Portis? Then they get him and they won a road playoff game and were in the next one down to the wire.
    [B]Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV. [/B][IMG]http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/interviews/JeffreyRocL.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/jaycutlerfanclub/Fan%20Cards/frohawk27.jpg[/IMG]

what did we get?

so... Warren is gone, to the Raiders... what did we get for him instead?

Im hoping for:

a)
    swapping first rounders

b) swapping 2nd rounders

c)
    3-4rd round pick