Stanback not bragging about beating Bailey

Rookie WR Isaiah Stanback played down the fact that he toasted All-Pro CB Champ Bailey during 1-on-1 drills.

"He was guessing," Stanback said, explaining that the only reason he got open deep was because Bailey squatted in anticipation of a curl or crossing route.

Stanback is smart to be humble. The last thing a rookie who hasn't even played in a preseason game needs to do is brag about getting the best of a superstar. And Stanback readily admits that receivers have a big edge in 1-on-1 drills, with no pass rush or safety help.

Nevertheless, Bailey has built a Hall of Fame case in large part by squatting on routes and using his blazing speed to recover. To see Bailey fail to make up ground against a 6-2, 213-pound rookie was an eye opener.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Isaiah's gonna be a beast if he can make the move to wideout. I'd say he was one of the best all-around athletes in the draft, and unlike previous QB-to-WR's (Randle El), he actually has some serious upside as a wide receiver.

He'd be a nice project to have right now.

When did we sign Isaiah Stanbeck?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    When did we sign Isaiah Stanbeck?
    I think he plays for Dallas not Denver
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan View Post

Rookie WR Isaiah Stanback played down the fact that he toasted All-Pro CB Champ Bailey during 1-on-1 drills.

"He was guessing," Stanback said, explaining that the only reason he got open deep was because Bailey squatted in anticipation of a curl or crossing route.

Stanback is smart to be humble. The last thing a rookie who hasn't even played in a preseason game needs to do is brag about getting the best of a superstar. And Stanback readily admits that receivers have a big edge in 1-on-1 drills, with no pass rush or safety help.

Nevertheless, Bailey has built a Hall of Fame case in large part by squatting on routes and using his blazing speed to recover. To see Bailey fail to make up ground against a 6-2, 213-pound rookie was an eye opener.
    when sportswriters take the time to write a story about a cb getting beat in PRACTICE that really says something about him. HES A BEAST!
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mb3playa View Post
    when sportswriters take the time to write a story about a cb getting beat in PRACTICE that really says something about him. HES A BEAST!
    You forgot the " "

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Word is out on champ HE gets killed on double move routes. this is preseason and i dont think it will hurt him this up coming year.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    Word is out on champ HE gets killed on double move routes. this is preseason and i dont think it will hurt him this up coming year.
    thats because he tries to like jump every play and get picks since no one throws the ball his way

Jeez it's practice! Like he said, no pass rush, no safety help, and he's the only target. Game time situation Champ would shut him down completely.

this is preseason...

this is practice...

players, even great ones, need to practice...

they try new things, new moves, new techniques and thus are bound to get beat...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>