Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,706
    Bly displays the kind of confidence you want from a CB. CBs have to forget the last play and be ready for the next, especially if they play a lot of man to man coverage. They have to believe that they can stop anyone on every single play. I think we can cut him some slack for calling Champ and himself the best around.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Locker #55
    Posts
    5,015
    The media is hyping them to be great. Of course they also have there egos. i think its needed to be a little bit of a ego maniac.

    Offensive and Defensive lineman have to have a aggressive streak. opposite of picking daisies.

    Also i am gonna call it here and probably get flamed, but. I think Champ Bailey is not gonna have a year like he has the last two. I'm Gonna say 5 Ints. Bly i am gonna go in with 4 and 3 FF
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,959
    CUT HIS HEAD OFF!!









    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

    <a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,891
    Quote Originally Posted by anton... View Post
    CUT HIS HEAD OFF!!









    He's a witch!!!


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    'Cuse, New Yawk
    Posts
    5,409
    I think Its more of an intimidation tactic than bragging. Nation's militaries use it all the time, even Indian tribes would do it. People like to let others know they have power. Showing any kind hesitant attitude could be an advantage to other teams. But yes over confidence can lead to disasters, But I donít think shanny will allow that as long as he is head coach.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    well if we are going to go by the FIRST PRE-SEASON game... then we don't have to worry, right? I mean that would mean that our first team scores everytime he runs the ball. Henry will rush like a monster all season with no rushes for loss! I mean, if we are going to use the play of that FIRST pre-season game.. lets use ALLL if it.


    As far as Dre Bly. .... SOOOO What??? So what if he's cocky? So what if he's confident??? We have NEVER heard Dre Bly be a big talker when he was with other teams. We don't hear stories of him causing problems in the locker room like TO. We don't hear him doing ANYTHING bad.

    What IS it with some of you guys just thinking everyone has to be like EVERYONE else? I personally LIKE that Bly is confident! I WANT them to WANT to be the BEST of all time! Damn Straight! I want them to WANT that... thats much better then them DREAMING and shooting for "average."

    Would you rather him say... Hey.... I just want to be average man. I don't want to be better than anyone else, because that might make that other person feel bad. GAG. He may have been asked "hey Dre, just how good do you think you and Champ can be?" and he responds "Hey man, we can be the best of all time." Is that really so bad??? Its not like he called up a press conference to ANNOUNCE that he and Champ Bailey are the best of all time. Damn.

    Dre has exactly the kind of attitude I want in a DB... MAJOR Confidence!
    I wasn't referring to the game, Rav! I was referring to the rash of minor injuries and Warren getting cut/traded. Although the D-line didn't look that good in the game, now that you mention it.

    And I have no problem with Cry's confidence! Just think he might want to assess the situation before drawing attention to himself.....

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Great Northwest
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    He is being like the Madden 04' players! They always whined that I never played them......I kept saying, dude, you are rated 74 overall, you are not better than so-and-so.

    Stupid pixelated poops getting support from Tony Bruno......
    I know! I'm like "dude check yourself" because he's like a 3rd stringer! DAYUM!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oakland,CA
    Posts
    11,348
    I like Blys attitude it shows me that he competes and hes happy to be paired with Champ.I would be too if i was paired with Champ,he is just excited IMO

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    Saying that him and champ are the best all the time.

    shut up and play before you start to bragg.

    Being overconfident is not good.
    Champ says the exact same thing. You have to have something against Bly if you are only going to call him out and not Champ. Both will also tell you that you have to be extremely confident to play the CB position in the NFL.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Seeing this nonsense makes me think back to the last year Portis was in Denver. I remember this because toward the end of the season we needed to beat the Colts in Indy to make it in the playoffs. The Colts wanted that game too to help their seeding. I mention Portis as he was injured but it didnt matter. Quentin Griffin started that game but it didnt matter. Denvers run game absolutely shredded Indy en route to a lopsided win. Indy was playing from behind the whole game. Denver won handily that day. Then the next week we had to play at Indy again in the playoffs. I remember prior to the game a camera catching a Denver Dlineman walking on the field talking smack and that we were going to do the same thing as we did the week before. Needless to say, it was a completely different outcome. I cant help but think some of the players took it for granted because the week before it came too easily. Why do these guys have to learn lessons about tempting fate the hard way. Why cant Bly just let sleeping dogs lie and keep his mouth shut? Not smart. Now every WR in the league will play against us with sharper focus because of Blys big mouth.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    210
    Why not? Dre is outspoken, Champ is quiet and reserved. Perfect match. Yin to yang. Peanut butter to Jelly.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Seeing this nonsense makes me think back to the last year Portis was in Denver. I remember this because toward the end of the season we needed to beat the Colts in Indy to make it in the playoffs. The Colts wanted that game too to help their seeding. I mention Portis as he was injured but it didnt matter. Quentin Griffin started that game but it didnt matter. Denvers run game absolutely shredded Indy en route to a lopsided win. Indy was playing from behind the whole game. Denver won handily that day. Then the next week we had to play at Indy again in the playoffs. I remember prior to the game a camera catching a Denver Dlineman walking on the field talking smack and that we were going to do the same thing as we did the week before. Needless to say, it was a completely different outcome. I cant help but think some of the players took it for granted because the week before it came too easily. Why do these guys have to learn lessons about tempting fate the hard way. Why cant Bly just let sleeping dogs lie and keep his mouth shut? Not smart. Now every WR in the league will play against us with sharper focus because of Blys big mouth.
    Oh...my...god....

    You're right. Now that Bly said that he and Champ are the best Corner tandem in the league, every single WR is going to burn us for 200 yards. OH NO HERE COMES BUFFALO AND SCARY LEE EVANS! I bet he's really angry because he heard Bly said that we have the best CB tandem! RUN FOR THE HILLS.

    I guess this is like when T.O said he was the best WR in the NFL and then every cornerback shut him down and he never had a 100 yard game again and never led the NFL in touchdowns, right? Oh wait.

    You're acting like he just went on a press conference and said "Hello all you dumb stupid retarded idiotic WR's out there, don't even try to catch a ball on us because no matter what you will never catch a pass because we are so amazing. Our skills are so great it makes you look like a pile of screaming babies drowning in a pool. You all suck. We could cover 7 WR's at the same time. Yeah, I said it, we're amazing, you all S*CK! YOu are all terrible. You are awful, terrible, awful, terrible, and seven more spoon fulls of awful. Peace, i'm out. Oh and Chad Johnson, don't forget, i'm gonna cut your legs and tear your ACL in the playoffs this year, peace."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    'Cuse, New Yawk
    Posts
    5,409
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan16 View Post
    Why not? Dre is outspoken, Champ is quiet and reserved. Perfect match. Yin to yang. Peanut butter to Jelly.
    Hahahaha

    you said it best!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    24,672
    I mean heck, does ANYBODY remember when we had Shannon Sharpe on our team? I guess not because he was so outspoken he never got past the 500 yard career receiving yard mark, never had more than 20 catches, and never had more than 5 TD's.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Oh...my...god....

    You're right. Now that Bly said that he and Champ are the best Corner tandem in the league, every single WR is going to burn us for 200 yards. OH NO HERE COMES BUFFALO AND SCARY LEE EVANS! I bet he's really angry because he heard Bly said that we have the best CB tandem! RUN FOR THE HILLS.

    I guess this is like when T.O said he was the best WR in the NFL and then every cornerback shut him down and he never had a 100 yard game again and never led the NFL in touchdowns, right? Oh wait.

    You're acting like he just went on a press conference and said "Hello all you dumb stupid retarded idiotic WR's out there, don't even try to catch a ball on us because no matter what you will never catch a pass because we are so amazing. Our skills are so great it makes you look like a pile of screaming babies drowning in a pool. You all suck. We could cover 7 WR's at the same time. Yeah, I said it, we're amazing, you all S*CK! YOu are all terrible. You are awful, terrible, awful, terrible, and seven more spoon fulls of awful. Peace, i'm out. Oh and Chad Johnson, don't forget, i'm gonna cut your legs and tear your ACL in the playoffs this year, peace."
    No. Its not that theyre going to be torched EVERY WEEK. But there might well be times where you see WRs step up their game agains us...we may even lose those games, and then the following week see that same team that gave us fits not play even close to the same level against someone like Kansas City. Its just needless. There is absolutely no benefit to it. I dont care how much posturing you do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •