Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Never give another team a reason to get fired up...
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Seeing this nonsense makes me think back to the last year Portis was in Denver. I remember this because toward the end of the season we needed to beat the Colts in Indy to make it in the playoffs. The Colts wanted that game too to help their seeding. I mention Portis as he was injured but it didnt matter. Quentin Griffin started that game but it didnt matter. Denvers run game absolutely shredded Indy en route to a lopsided win. Indy was playing from behind the whole game. Denver won handily that day. Then the next week we had to play at Indy again in the playoffs. I remember prior to the game a camera catching a Denver Dlineman walking on the field talking smack and that we were going to do the same thing as we did the week before. Needless to say, it was a completely different outcome. I cant help but think some of the players took it for granted because the week before it came too easily. Why do these guys have to learn lessons about tempting fate the hard way. Why cant Bly just let sleeping dogs lie and keep his mouth shut? Not smart. Now every WR in the league will play against us with sharper focus because of Blys big mouth.
    you remember that game incorrectly. THe colts didn't need the win, and thats why they didn't show us a THING the first time they played us, and why they absolutely TROUNCED us the next week when we played them in the playoffs. That game we won, meant absolutely NOTHING to them. They had the best offense in the league, and we couldn't stop it. That first game was jsut a scrimmage to them, basically like pre-season with the offense they used.

So.. you think that they normally wouldn't play against Champ and Bly with the sharpest focus they have.. and would normally just take them pretty lax.. instead.... because of Bly's comments, they will absolutely TRY now. Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Deltagbear View Post
    Never give another team a reason to get fired up...
    ...and kill any opportunity to fire your own team up?

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    No. Its not that theyre going to be torched EVERY WEEK. But there might well be times where you see WRs step up their game agains us...we may even lose those games, and then the following week see that same team that gave us fits not play even close to the same level against someone like Kansas City. Its just needless. There is absolutely no benefit to it. I dont care how much posturing you do.
    Umm, I think just for the fact they're facing Champ and Dre, they'll try their best to be on their A+ game.

Champ and Dre aren't exactly flying under radar you know...

You dont get your own team fired up by talking smack to the media about another team or individual players... To come out and say they are the best before even playing a full regular season is ignorant. I am not argueing that they are one heck of a duo, but bly still has to prove himself in a bronco uniform.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton [/FONT]

cornerback is a position where the league basically works against you. everything is against you. fans want touchdowns. officials don't want you breathing on the receivers. etc.

so a little confidence is practically a neccesity when you're a corner. swagger helps. let them think this because hell, it'll help, and besides, he's probably not wrong.

champ i honestly think is in the middle of proving he's the best of all time, and anyone near as good, never had another corner this good playing beside him.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

What did he say exactly? Did anyone here it besides DenverDs.d.. How about a link?

He actually said, "him and champ are the best all the time."?

Some posted as if he said, "We are the best of all time" and others as if he said. "We are the best duo in the league"

The quote in the starting thread said neither. Before we disagree wouldn't it make more sense to know what he actually said?

If he said "We are the best of all time" that is a little too cocky and disrespectful IMO

But if he said "We are the best duo in the league" I see nothing wrong with that. I would rather have him know the expectations we have for them, then play like they have nothing to prove.

IMO Bly is better then Williams was and last year Pation Manning hinted about us having the best duo in the league. We all know how that turned out but still if he seen it then surely there must be some truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Champ knows he is the best. He lets it slip sometimes with a quiet little comment about no one being able to cover like him and it always surprises me. But he really is one of the most collected, calm and cool players of the game right now. I think that's the only way you can really go about it if you actually are "the best" of the position... see; Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson

My thoughts exactly. That is one of the reason that I like Champ, other than the fact that he is a Bronco and the best CB in the league. He is humble in interviews yet knows that he is good and lets his play do the talking.

I have no problem with Bly being confindent with his skill because with Champ they are probably the "best in the league." Players should be confident, yet I like players that prove it on the field. IMO though, I think he was just responding to what the media keep saying.

If you talk the talk then you better walk the walk.
    R.I.P
    #27 Darrent Williams
    #29 Damian Nash

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ucket/kobe.jpg
    Thanks MasterShake for the sig

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...anscottck7.png

Bly has enough experience to back up the statements he makes to the media. I like the fact the he knows he's finally back with a playoff caliber team and wants to make the most of it. Remember, Bly already has a Superbowl ring; it will be nice when Champ gets his.
    Jesus Christ is King of Kings & Lord of Lords!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3...13e1100df3.jpg

It doesn't matter what they say AS LONG AS THEY RESPECT THEIR OPPONENTS. I think Shawn Springs learned that lesson a while back against a certain 6'5 Broncos receiver

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Well of course they are the best Tandem in the history of the game.
    Champ and anyone is the best tandem in the game.

Champ can cover both WR's by himself

But This thread is stupid.

When I heard" I dont like Bly's attitude"

I thought he had said something like: I'm not happy playing in Denver. Or I'm only here for money. Or I dont think we will make the playoffs.

But to say we have the top CB Tandem in the league??

Thats nothing to not like his attitude.

I love that attitude.

Damn some Bronco fans are just silly.

I hope he has 6 Ints and 2 Fumbles.
    Champ has 9 Ints
    and Foxy has 4 Ints

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    Saying that him and champ are the best all the time.

shut up and play before you start to bragg.

Being overconfident is not good.

Uh oh....better cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    Saying that him and champ are the best all the time.

shut up and play before you start to bragg.

Being overconfident is not good.
    You know something? Bly has ALREADY proved himself. Something about being a Pro-Bowler, to my way of thinking, means he's already shown he can play at this level AND excel.

He can say any.dam.thing. he likes about how good he and Champ are. I guarantee that offensive coordinators around the league are saying the same thing.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Terrell Davis once said that you have to believe that you are the best.....if you don't then you wont play to the best of your ability.....

Im happy that Bly says that.....Denver needs a little bit of that attitude again.....

We don't have "talkers" like Sharpe....Romo....N. Smith.....

We need that.....IMO
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

-The best in the business-

What kind of attitude should Bly have?

I think this has something to do with someone who doesnt like Bly. Not saying they should but him think he and Champ are the best isnt a attitude problem. I'm sure if Foxy was starting opposite Champ he'd feel the same way. He might not say it though.