Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    Saying that him and champ are the best all the time.

shut up and play before you start to bragg.

Being overconfident is not good.
    Imo if you hate this that much then you do not have what it takes to mentally play football.

Do you realize what a CB has to go through? They need that kind of mental edge.

Most people do not say this kind of stuff yea. I bet you most football players feel this way. Every single one I have talked to feels this way. The only reason they do not say it is they do not want to give other teams motivational material.

Personally I love it.

I love when Patrick Roy told JR he can not hear what he is saying because his stanley cup rings are plugging his ears.

I love when Denny Green went crazy on national TV.

It is great imo when Chad Johnson had his Match List on who can cover him.

It is great for the game when a player guarentees a win imo.

Man this kind of stuff is ENTERTAINING. Fun to watch.

It is awsome to see great players make bold statements and then try to go and back up their words with their play. Most people do not have the ballz to do this and that is why I love it!

They are confident in themselves and not afraid to fail while trying for greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDs.d. View Post
    Saying that him and champ are the best all the time.

shut up and play before you start to bragg.

Being overconfident is not good.

can you tell me a cb duo that is or was this good?
    you really need to pull up your bloomers on this cause i like a player with confindence, i like a player that can back up his bragg
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

its not even bragging . . . this is with out a doubt one of the more stupid threads to be posted on this site (except anything patscroweater posts)

seriously the man is a multi-probowler, he doesnt have to prove anything . . . expecially when he come from a terrible defense and into a good one, that will only help him out

players also need that motivation, while recievers might go try harder against the broncos i highly doubt it, like someone already said those 2 are not exactly flying under radar. so even if they come harder than so will our CBs.

you also cant play in this league without a littler swagger in your step. and its just plain silly to think you can.

but like a few posters have mentioned where is the link because i never heard this and the only time i hear either champ or dre mentioning anything about is when they are asked by a reporter

so please everybody stop there whinning about dre "attitude problem" it is dumb and unwarrented, id personally be more worried if he came out and said that we were not that great of players and think everybody will be a ble to burn us all season long

geez people!!!!
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
    I believe there's nothing wrong with positive. Would you rather he say, "Well Champ and I, we're all right. Nothing great. There are definitely guys out there better than us."
    Nope, I don't think so. I'd personally want them to say, "Yeah, Champ and I, we're the best. Nobody can beat us."
    My thoughts exactly
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    can you tell me a cb duo that is or was this good?
    you really need to pull up your bloomers on this cause i like a player with confindence, i like a player that can back up his bragg
    KC's Law and Surtain have a combined 84 INT's while Champ and Bly have 72.
    I guess you could argue that KC's corners are the best duo in the league, but they are both towards the end of their careers. Like others have said, you HAVE to be confident as a CB. I think Bly and Champ will prove they are the best this year.

This is kind of a silly thread, I think. Blys attitude is a positive one. He's a Denver Bronco. I'll be damned if we have a player (especially a starter) who doesn't have the confidence to think he can outperform the opposing team every single Sunday.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Why do fans care so much about what these players say? Chad Johnson said he wants to get 2000 receiving yards this year, and right after he was traded Portis said he was going to rush for 2000 yards without a problem. Who cares? Bly saying him and Champ are going to be a great duo is fine with me. What he said wasn't obscene or offensive to anyone, he didn't call anyone out, didn't defame anyone, didn't threaten anyone etc...

Why people care so much about these quotes where players are stating their personal goals, and then how they condemn these players' attitudes is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltagbear View Post
    You dont get your own team fired up by talking smack to the media about another team or individual players... To come out and say they are the best before even playing a full regular season is ignorant. I am not argueing that they are one heck of a duo, but bly still has to prove himself in a bronco uniform.

I though "smack" was calling someone out or talking about someone else?

As in "I'm so good, I'm better then ______"

Or "_________ can't beat me"

This is hardly "smack". And it's not like Bly's a rookie who has never played a down in the NFL calling out Ocho Cinco or TO.

I love to see confidence in a DB. This is hardly out of line, or showing a bad "attitude". And if a WR isn't already brining their A+ game against Bailey/Bly, then this isn't going to be the extra motivation that puts them over the top.

Bly is going to have a GREAT year.
    I love the attitude and confidence.
    If he's covering the #2 WR most of the time he should have a year at least as good as Champ if not better.

So why has so many fans been upset that the Bronco's players have a lot of confidence in their abilities and and players. It's like they want us to be down ourselves and hope for the best. If you don't think that your the best, then you'll never be the best. You've gotta like that in Bly. I perfer a guy who belives in his teammates and his own skills then someone saying they'll try to play their best. This is what we need, a winning attitude.

Every play that a corner takes part in he is painfully aware that a mistake by him can result in a TD for the opposition. This situation does not lend itself to those with a timid disposition. Whether they say it or not they must feel that no one can beat them. These are players whose psychological make up is to not dwell on failure but to look ahead.

To play man cover at the NFL level the player is in the upper .5 per cent of all athletes. An NFL corner has been a superior athlete to those he has faced at every level of his life. Why would you not expect that to continue.

If a corner thinks that he can cover a receiver, he usually can. If he thinks that he is unable to cover a receiver, he is always correct.

Where else in sports other than a pitcher facing a homerun hitter does the outcome of a game hang so delicately on the firing of a single synapse?
    RIP Cameron