X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spice 1
    Football Immortal
    • Sep 2004

We all know Reggie can play. He proved it in college. He's had problems in J Ville since he got there. He DOES need a change of scenery. A fresh start. Probably not in Denver though.

Comment

• MindField
      Banned User
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by deer_dance9 View Post
      Aug 16 Williams "might not survive" the final training camp cuts, and has looked "moping" and "disinterested" in practices, according to the Florida Times-Union.

Recommendation: Williams has also had trouble learning new offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter's system, and we wouldn't be shocked if he was cut at the end of camp. Do not draft him for your fantasy squads.

this would be a great pick up if denver can sign him.
      Yeah, just like Gerard Warren needed a change of scenery as well, right?

Comment

• MindField
        Banned User
        • Nov 2005

Or wait, what about that guy, David Terrell, after all, he was a Top 10 pick with the Bears, wasn't he, we could sign him to....er, wait, haven't we signed him already?

Remind me again, how is that one working out?

Comment

• stnzed
          Banned User
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MindField View Post
          Or wait, what about that guy, David Terrell, after all, he was a Top 10 pick with the Bears, wasn't he, we could sign him to....er, wait, haven't we signed him already?

Remind me again, how is that one working out?

Why kick the Reggie Williams tires when they already have Marquay McDaniel?

Comment

• MindField
            Banned User
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            Why kick the Reggie Williams tires when they already have Marquay McDaniel?
            Exactly...hehehe

Comment

• WABronco
              I'M driving the bandwagon
              • Mar 2005

Yeah, just like Gerard Warren needed a change of scenery as well, right?
              Well, if you want to limit the scenery-changing to the WR position, you could look at a recent case like Donte Stallworth. At least that's the closest comparison I could think of off the top of my head--both malcontents, both had worn out their welcome on their first teams, both had shown flashes.

You don't have to look long and hard to find additional examples of other wideouts who have gone on to succeed after causing a stink on their previous team.

Williams is only 24 years old and was downright dominant at times last year (against Dallas and Washington, for instance). I doubt he gets axed because JAX wideout situation is no better than ours, but he'd be a great add if available.

Comment

• MindField
                Banned User
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                Well, if you want to limit the scenery-changing to the WR position, you could look at a recent case like Donte Stallworth. At least that's the closest comparison I could think of off the top of my head--both malcontents, both had worn out their welcome on their first teams, both had shown flashes.

You don't have to look long and hard to find additional examples of other wideouts who have gone on to succeed after causing a stink on their previous team.

Williams is only 24 years old and was downright dominant at times last year (against Dallas and Washington, for instance). I doubt he gets axed because JAX wideout situation is no better than ours, but he'd be a great add if available.

Naaa....to me he is going to be in the same class as David Terrell and David Boston and the rest of the high picks that didn't cut it.

Pass....I would rather spend the time developing Marshall, Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon.

Comment

• stnzed
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2005

Naaa....to me he is going to be in the same class as David Terrell and David Boston and the rest of the high picks that didn't cut it.

Pass....I would rather spend the time developing Marshall, Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon.

Who's going to develope them?

The same coaching staff that couldn't develope Lelie, Watts, Cole, Madise, Haygood, Kasper, McGriff................NASH?

The Broncos go through WR's almost as fast as they go through DL.

The point is they don't have any better luck with the WR's they draft than they would with other teams busts......
                  Last edited by stnzed; 08-21-2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• D.J.55
                    Bench Warmer
                    • May 2005

If I can remember correctly Williams was one of the four players we were targeting in the 04 draft. It was Reggie Williams, Tommie Harris, Michael Clayton, and D.J. Williams. If Williams does get cut, I think Shanny might just a take a look. But i dont know how well he would fit in our plans.

Comment

• mb3playa
                      Practice Squad
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by D.J.55 View Post
                      If I can remember correctly Williams was one of the four players we were targeting in the 04 draft. It was Reggie Williams, Tommie Harris, Michael Clayton, and D.J. Williams. If Williams does get cut, I think Shanny might just a take a look. But i dont know how well he would fit in our plans.
                      right between stokley and hixon
                      @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

• Gbt31
                        All-Time Great
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by WABronco View Post

I would rather have Stallworth coming from the Saints last year then Reggie Williams anytime of his NFL career, and I'm not just saying that because Dante actually did something with his life last year.......its because we are missing our deep threat, now we got to have Javon be our deep threat, would rather have him as our posession.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

• SeNEBronco
                          Practice Squad
                          • Apr 2007

He was one of the guys we were targeting, so I would not be surprised at all if we were to pick him up, though his stint in J-Ville could have changed Mike's mind on things.

Comment

Working...
                          X