• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deer_dance9
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2005

Reggie Williams?

Aug 16 Williams "might not survive" the final training camp cuts, and has looked "moping" and "disinterested" in practices, according to the Florida Times-Union.

Recommendation: Williams has also had trouble learning new offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter's system, and we wouldn't be shocked if he was cut at the end of camp. Do not draft him for your fantasy squads.

this would be a great pick up if denver can sign him.
    Canadian broncos fan for life
  • BroncoFlyhalf
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2005

Perhaps a change of scenery is all he needs.

How about another Packer wideout? Robert Ferguson is on the outs in Green Bay. If he could ever get healthy, he's got a load of talent. Plus, we need another Aggie (my alma mater) after losing Holdman to injury.

Last edited by BroncoFlyhalf; 08-17-2007, 12:42 AM.
    Thanks for everything Shanny :salute!:

Comment

• bjoli198
      Bench Warmer
      • Apr 2006

i confused reggie williams with reggie wayne, wouldn´t mind having reggie wayne on the broncos squad

Comment

• matty21
        Practice Squad
        • Aug 2007

I would take a gamble on Williams. Hes got the physical presence and hands to be great and having Williams, Javon and Marshall all lining up would give us the most physical WR corps in the league.

Comment

• TXBRONC
          Captain
          • Jul 2003

No he would not be a good pick up. If the guy has had problems picking up a new offense with his old team even though he has seen for about the last six months how is world will he pick up enough of Shanahan's offense to even contribute? He wouldn't be able too. David Terrell was brought in two years ago was brought on the squad about month or less into the season and he didn't see the field even once.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Gbt31
            All-Time Great
            • Nov 2003

Reggie Williams is aweful, complete bust. I live in jax and have to hear 3 years worth of excuses as to why he hasnt panned out. I would rather sign Darius Watts then Reggie Williams....and I dont want Darius Watts on our team either...Brandon Marshall will do good this year.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

• TXBRONC
              Captain
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              Reggie Williams is aweful, complete bust. I live in jax and have to hear 3 years worth of excuses as to why he hasnt panned out. I would rather sign Darius Watts then Reggie Williams....and I dont want Darius Watts on our team either...Brandon Marshall will do good this year.
              I thought he had shown improvement last season?

Anyway, this is not the time to bring in a wide receiver. Whether or not he's a bust (I'm not arguing with you on that) it's to late to bring him in. Besides that if he's having a hard time grasping a new offensive system that he's been around for last several months how is going to grasp Shanahan's offense?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• mxbronco13
                Banned User
                • Jan 2007

Sure Shanahan's offense is complicated but we have a great veteran group to help him learn it. Rod Smith anyone? He could be a tremendous help to Williams in learning how things are done and I'm sure he could learn a lot from Javon too. Who did he have in Jacksonville to guide him? Matt Jones the quarterback/WR?

Comment

• Lorcust
                  The One and Only...
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
                  Sure Shanahan's offense is complicated but we have a great veteran group to help him learn it. Rod Smith anyone? He could be a tremendous help to Williams in learning how things are done and I'm sure he could learn a lot from Javon too. Who did he have in Jacksonville to guide him? Matt Jones the quarterback/WR?
                  Try Jimmy Smith (first 2 seasons).
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

• HORSEPOWER 56
                    Offensively Defensive...
                    • Oct 2004

I just can't figure him out

Physically, Williams is a prototype specimen. Big, strong, good speed (not a 'burner" but more than adequate). Mentally however, he's a mess. Imagine Ricky Williams (yes, that one) when he played in New Orleans. Reggie is an introvert, non-team oriented guy who seems to have no confidence in anything...not his coaches, not his teammates, not even himself. He's a loner and I've seen many articles in the local paper about minor run-ins with the law (speeding, DUI, etc) and how he seems to lack focus.

It's kind of like he's just going through the motions in life and on the field and not really trying to do anything well. I don't know if a change of scenery is the answer for him or not, but it's a shame to see him wasting his physical talents. He'd easily be the best WR on the team if only he'd show a little "give a damn".

Comment

• WABronco
                      I'M driving the bandwagon
                      • Mar 2005

^^Seconded.

He was a stud at Washington. Like best-in-the-nation good.

I don't know, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him. I'm probably a little biased, but I'd much rather go for Williams than a true re-tread like Robert Ferguson.

Comment

• stnzed
                        Banned User
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                        ^^Seconded.

He was a stud at Washington. Like best-in-the-nation good.

I don't know, I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him. I'm probably a little biased, but I'd much rather go for Williams than a true re-tread like Robert Ferguson.

You can take a chance on Reggie Williams' potential or keep Brian Clark and know for sure you're not getting anything!

I'd rather take a chance on potential.

But that's not how Shanahan does things....He'd just as soon keep a neverwillbe in the hopes that he has The Next Rod Smith.

Shanahan can pass on a WR in the 2nd round, look you in the eye and tell you it's because "there wasn't any we think could make our team". Yet players like Clark would have a hard time making the Jags practice squad.

He's not The Next Rod Smith, btw....

Comment

• FroHawk27
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2007

If we could get him in here and it be very cost friendly, then there's no real reason not to. As stated, he has all the physical talents, maybe being on a possible SB contending team would motivate him to play hard. Maybe he's totally disgusted by the Jags, or any various component of that franchise, but just isn't the type to lash out ie, T.O./Randy Moss. In that case a change of scenery would do him wonders. He's young, and all the way talented, imagine him in a 5 WR set with JaVon, Marsh, Rod and Stokely. That's an imposing group of wides right there. Who could cover them all?? I say bring him in
                          Roc Hoover. The coolest detective in daytime TV.

Comment

• TXBRONC
                            Captain
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
                            Having Rod Smith didn't help David Terrell.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• kmcgough25
                              Stop the run!!
                              • Dec 2004

He is a head case

I also live in Jacksonville.

He is a practice all pro....including making a 10 yard catch and taking his helmet off to celebrate. He is not very fast, still can't seem to seperate from the DB's (and linebackers when he's in the slot), and is not motivated.

This guy is being beaten out by a 7th rounder who weighs like a buck fifty and a FA rookie.

Why, because he is no good and doesn't have the marbles upstairs. If the Broncos picked him up, they would have just thrown $$ in the trash.
                              My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Working...
                              X