Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jeremiah Trotter Released!!!! (Merged)

Let me be the first to post this. Eagles Middle Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter has been released. He has played 10 years and had 87 tackles last year. He is 30 years old.

Let the debate begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    Let me be the first to post this. Eagles Middle Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter has been released. He has played 10 years and had 87 tackles last year. He is 30 years old.

Let the debate begin.
    I dont know if we will get him but it wouldnt hurt to have him on the team.

Any chance? Pro Bowler Trotter

Eagles to release Pro Bowler Trotter
    Jay Glazer
    FOXSports.com,

In a stunning move Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with one of the stalwarts of their defense from the last several years.

The Eagles are releasing perennial Pro Bowler MLB Jeremiah Trotter, FOXSports.com has learned. Despite recording 113 tackles in 2006, the Eagles feel that Trotter has lost a step.
    Trotter, who has played in Philadelphia for seven of his nine NFL seasons, has registered over 100 tackles in six different seasons, including each of the last two. At 29, Trotter has been one of the Eagles' leaders on defense, along with safety Brian Dawkins.

Trotter was expected to anchor an improved Eagles linebacking corps with the off-season acquisition of Takeo Spikes.

OMGZ DJ WILLIAMS SUCKxXX

SigN NoWW!!!

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Trotter was released because due to knee injuries he has become pretty much a running down linebacker. I try to keep my head up round the league to some extent and there was some stuff about how the Eagles may had only used him on FIRST down

Doesn't sound like the guy we need to me
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I won't say that we need to sign Trotter. Quite frankly, I have no idea what sort of player he is at this point in his career. I only watched 2 or 3 Eagles games last year and he seemed to still be playing at a high level.

That said, DJ has been the most disappointing player to me this preseason. I have rewound every play that he has been on the field for to watch his progress. He has been terrible. He is getting eaten alive by guards, TEs, and a few times by WRs. His reads have been lousy and he is slow to the ball carrier. I won't even start talking about his "coverage ability". We'll see--I know it's a new position, but he is now a veteran and I expect him to produce. He may have all of the physical tools, but if he cannot read plays and react, we need to figure something out here. The MLB is critical in Bates' system and we cannot afford to have DJ screwing this up.

I posted this just now but Trotter has lost some speed due to knee injuries and age and the word was the Eagles may have only had use for him on obvious running downs....

Doesn't sound like it'd be worth it if you ask me
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

he is too old to lern a new d at this point......he would be cut from our team

In other news, the Redskins released Lemar Marshall. Now that's a guy I wouldn't mind bringing in. He's younger than Trotter at least.

Living in the Philly market like I do, you can't help but hear everything Eagles (unfortunately). Trotter is a great leader on the field and a good guy off the field....but the guy has lost a step over the years. Unless we can get him cheap, this is not an answer to anything or anyone we currently have on the roster.

Trotter is bad ***!
    He is 29 that's not too old. Webster is 29. Unless we are totally confident in our LB crew why would we not take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    I posted this just now but Trotter has lost some speed due to knee injuries and age and the word was the Eagles may have only had use for him on obvious running downs....

Doesn't sound like it'd be worth it if you ask me
    Thats exactly why we should sign him!

We may be running vanilla defense, but D.J. should be able to hit the right hole and stop the run no matter what. Seeing as how poorly our lb's have stopped the run thus far, i think Trotter could come in a contribute immediately.

Why not put D.J. back at strong, (holdman injured) and have webster / trotter filling in at MLB. I think it would be worth it, it is the Lb's job to stop the run in Bate's scheme and they aren't exactly cut out for it without Wilson.

Hey, unloading Warren's contract didn't free up a lot, but it did free up some. Maybe thats enough to bring him in, with the lack of depth we have right now, it sure can't hurt!

Trotter..isn't he the "X-Man"

Anyway, I've heard alot about him. He is an awesome leader and gets things going. He may have lost a step but it's funny what happens in the second life of a pro athlete. Also, I saw a few games and he played pretty well in them. He may be worth signing (Al Wilson leader replacement?)

Just a thought...

Trotter at this point in his career will not be better than DJ Williams will be for us. We need to sign Simeon Rice, not Trotter.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

i toattly disagree we dont need Rice or Trotter we need to Let the young guys get their chance