Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by konnorrollison View Post
    i toattly disagree we dont need Rice or Trotter we need to Let the young guys get their chance
    We need Rice. Trotter we can go without. I cant stress the importance of replacing the veteran presence that was Ekuban. Ekuban got the other teams doubleteams. Without that, teams will use their guards to double up on our DTs and LBers instead of to doubleteam our ends.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    We need Rice. Trotter we can go without. I cant stress the importance of replacing the veteran presence that was Ekuban. Ekuban got the other teams doubleteams. Without that, teams will use their guards to double up on our DTs and LBers instead of to doubleteam our ends.
    we could let then rookies play like Moss a pass rushing beast

Quote Originally Posted by konnorrollison View Post
    we could let then rookies play like Moss a pass rushing beast
    Right now I have more confidence in Dumerville as a pass rushing threat than Moss. Not saying he won't, but Moss hasn't shown anything yet that he deserves to be a fulltime end like Simeon Rice can.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Right now I have more confidence in Dumerville as a pass rushing threat than Moss. Not saying he won't, but Moss hasn't shown anything yet that he deserves to be a fulltime end like Simeon Rice can.
    Dumervil is a better rusher than Moss but Moss is overall better he is 6'5 and fast and Dumervil is like 6'2 and a better rusher but not as good at pass-rushing

im not yet ready to give up on dj....although trotter has been a good mlb for the eagles for years. at this point i think webster would do fine at mlb if dj doesnt pan out. i really hope coaches are letting webster play on second teams for the mlb just in case this little project doesnt pan out. dj could then switch back to his old position....ONLY if by the end of the preseason he still can't transition.

but i think with the loss of ekuban a DE is more important. moss is a rookie and rookies rarely make an impact. DE has been our biggest need since the loss of hayward and we have only replaced him with band aids.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    he is too old to lern a new d at this point......he would be cut from our team
    *laughs*. I'm sorry.. but this is just too funny. Too old to learn a new system???????? Seriously??? *laughs*.. The guys is what, 30 yrs old and you try to make him sound like he's senile. Give me a break! That experience would only allow him to learn faster... I'm sorry, but you have to be like 13 yrs old to say this.

I don't know. For so many here that feel DJ just NEEDS to get replaced now.. this might be the guy you are looking for. Look for Mindfield to start the petition to sign him.

I know DJ is comming along a little slow in his new role but I have a lot of faith in him. I want to give him a shot in the regular season. Forget Trotter, we need Dline help.

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

I wonder which player will get released next, so we can have a thread about us getting that person too.

If they doubled up the DT/LB's wouldn't that be what you want? At least the tackles would give the ends the ability to use their speed one on one. We drafted 2 DE's for a reason and now they will ge thrown into the fire early to show what they have. Will struggle but as the season moves along like everyone else they should improve. If I am not mistaken isn't that what rookies do?
    http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2...nmelo01fc3.jpg Thanks WhiteDragon!

Colorado Rockies Fan From The Begining
    Go Lobos! CFB: New Mexico Bowl Champs! MBB: (22-7, 9-5)
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Why are you people all worried about D.J. Williams? Either he'll learn to play the new position or they'll move Nate Webster to MLB and move him back to SAM.

That will work o.k. Shanahan just said that learning a new position is taking D.J. a little time that's all. But, the team always has the option of moving him back to SAM if he doesn't do well in the middle.

He won't like that, but tough. Either he shapes up or the Broncos will conclude that he's a bust and next year he'll be traded or cut and they will draft or sign a new LB to take his place.

I do have to admit that so far MUG is being proven right for all his tirades that the Broncos should have drafted DT Vince Wilfork instead of Williams. Wilfork would be the ideal DT for Bates' system right now.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-21-2007 at 10:16 AM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ChampWJ View Post
    I wonder which player will get released next, so we can have a thread about us getting that person too.
    I understand where your coming from, and i can't stand all the threads about lets sign whoever is available.

But

If he is still physically capable of playing, then i think he would be a worthwhile addition. Its definately a weak spot in our defense. I like D.J. But he is a natural weakside LB (Rookie season was phenomenal), but he struggled and eventually became capable on the strongside. But there is no way he will be a great MLB, or anywhere near Wilson's level of play. He showed repeatably in the Pre Season how he couldn't find the right whole, and how he lacked the power to blow through there and take on the tackles head up. He always struggled getting off blocks from TE's on the strongside, how do we expect him to take on Fullbacks and Guards head up?

He just isn't cut out for it, i also think that Webster is underutilized. Rotating him with Trotter would keep each fresh without putting too much wear and tear on either of them. Holdman is injured and D.D Lewis is nothing to brag about. I still think moving D.J. back to strongside makes much more sense in Bate's scheme and with our personnel we have right now.

Flame Away...

an idea...sign Trotter for MLB, put DJ at DE where Ekuban was. Problems solved

In all seriousness though, DJ is just not MLB material...at least he hasn't shown anything yet. This is part of the reason our run D is so bad, everything starts with the MLB. I miss Al Wilson in times like these.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampWJ View Post
    Isn't that what this section of the forum is about? Free agency. I am sure that this forum gets a lot of people are making threads about wanting us to get another player but that is what this section is all about.
    Back to Trotter...
    I think that he would add some leadership to our team. He understands what it is like to be in playoff games and what it takes to get the job done. I am not positive our guys guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    an idea...sign Trotter for MLB, put DJ at DE where Ekuban was. Problems solved

In all seriousness though, DJ is just not MLB material...at least he hasn't shown anything yet. This is part of the reason our run D is so bad, everything starts with the MLB. I miss Al Wilson in times like these.

lets face it, the loss of wilson hurts us bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
    I won't say that we need to sign Trotter. Quite frankly, I have no idea what sort of player he is at this point in his career. I only watched 2 or 3 Eagles games last year and he seemed to still be playing at a high level.

That said, DJ has been the most disappointing player to me this preseason. I have rewound every play that he has been on the field for to watch his progress. He has been terrible. He is getting eaten alive by guards, TEs, and a few times by WRs. His reads have been lousy and he is slow to the ball carrier. I won't even start talking about his "coverage ability". We'll see--I know it's a new position, but he is now a veteran and I expect him to produce. He may have all of the physical tools, but if he cannot read plays and react, we need to figure something out here. The MLB is critical in Bates' system and we cannot afford to have DJ screwing this up.
    I do agree with your Post DJ has been eaten alive by guards,but let me also add the DT is suppose to cause double teams from the opposing teams offensive line so DJ can make a play.This is whats not happening causing DJ to fight off blocks from bigger players on Dallas and the 49ers they have Monterous linemens.DJ will be fine once the DT start PENETRATING the pocket enough where DJ can make plays out there IMO