Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    yep, I don't think we knew how bad it hurt until now...

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    Let me be the first to post this. Eagles Middle Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter has been released. He has played 10 years and had 87 tackles last year. He is 30 years old.

Let the debate begin.
    Well if we sign him i would look for him to improve our special teams imediately,he plays special teams very well.Im pretty sure Shanny will be looking to improve our special teams.

Hold off

I think we should solidify the defensive line. We got ran over by the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I do agree with your Post DJ has been eaten alive by guards,but let me also add the DT is suppose to cause double teams from the opposing teams offensive line so DJ can make a play.This is whats not happening causing DJ to fight off blocks from bigger players on Dallas and the 49ers they have Monterous linemens.DJ will be fine once the DT start PENETRATING the pocket enough where DJ can make plays out there IMO
    I agree, the DTs have underachieved also, but the bottom line is that DJ has to be able to get off of those blocks. When Leonard Davis, who has got to be about 380 pounds, sustains a block on DJ for 10 yards, we have a problem.

Defense

Teams wont have to worry about passing on us because so far they have ran all over us

man, the eagles just HATE linebackers who can tackle!

anyone who's been here a minute knows that i rarely if ever get on the "OMG we need to sign this guy just because he's an FA with a recognizable name" bandwagon. . . that said, sign trotter now!

clearly, he's nothing more than a one-dimensional, two-down run plugger at this point in his career-- but right now that looks to me like exactly the kind of player we need. . . our run defense is obviously struggling, and one of the main reasons is dj being out of position and/or unable to plug his gap. . . trotter is an experienced, savvy LB with a nose for the ball, and he's one of the best LBs in the league at stacking and shedding at the point of attack. . . and before anyone screams that i'm not giving dj a fair chance, let me remind you that he's never been good at those things-- this isn't some recent development. . .

at the worst, trotter would provide an awfully nice insurance policy-- obviously his lack of speed makes him a much less than ideal fit for bates' defense, but this guy was born to stop the run, and it's not like there are a whole lot of quality pro LBs just sitting around waiting to be picked up right now. . . and trotter brings an awful lot of leadership and toughness. . .

i'd love to see us pick him up and potentially move dj back to SAM where he's already comfortable. . . obviously we'd still play him in the nickel along with gold. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
    I agree, the DTs have underachieved also, but the bottom line is that DJ has to be able to get off of those blocks. When Leonard Davis, who has got to be about 380 pounds, sustains a block on DJ for 10 yards, we have a problem.
    Not even Ray Lewis would be able to make plays without DT help IMO

The Dallas line are beasts

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    obviously his lack of speed makes him a much less than ideal fit for bates' defense, . .
    I could be wrong but didn't Bates make his name by creating the Dolphins D with Zach Thomas? He isn't that fast is he?

By the way I agree with the rest of what you are saying.

Trotter was already extremely limited when he was still an effective player, int that he was a huge liability against the pass. When you factor in the decline he faced last year against the run, you get a not-all-too-appealing package.

We already have an insurance policy for the inside, and his name is Nate Webster. If Nate starts, then we have a guy named DD Lewis. A healthy DD Lewis is a better player than a breaking down Trotter, IMO.

The fact that the Eagles were hoping he would retire and coach for them says something, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Not even Ray Lewis would be able to make plays without DT help IMO

The Dallas line are beasts
    Exactly. That is why Ray petitioned so hard for the Ravens to draft Ngata. He was getting swallowed up by Guards and Fbs. If the DTs are not doing their jobs in the Bates system then DJ could be just as good as Lewis and it wouldn't make a difference. Instead of looking at just one part we need to look at the D as a whole. Football is a team sport after all.
    Last edited by boxcar; 08-21-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammer errors
    Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

OMG

we need to sign Jeremiah NOW!

or at least sign Lemar Mashall who was just cut by the 'Skins

signing either one will solve our LB problems, we need a good SLB

why is everyone so dissatisfied with DJ as a MLB? I think he will do great there

I think we need Trotter and Rice.. and here is why...
    They are both Pro Bowl type players, and yes maybe they are not in this point in their Career. But having someone like Rice on your team to help with Moss,Crowder and Dumervill is a + no matter how u look at it. and adding Trotter to a hurt LB core with Wilson gone and whats his face hurt, Trotter can help DJ make that transition to MLB... but if it looks like DJ is still a year away from moving to MLB and is still learning why not sign Trotter when Bates D is about stopping the run, we all no Trotter can still do that why not bring him in. just my 2 cents!!

id love to have trotter i think hes what we need
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    I think we need Trotter and Rice.. and here is why...
    They are both Pro Bowl type players, and yes maybe they are not in this point in their Career. But having someone like Rice on your team to help with Moss,Crowder and Dumervill is a + no matter how u look at it. and adding Trotter to a hurt LB core with Wilson gone and whats his face hurt, Trotter can help DJ make that transition to MLB... but if it looks like DJ is still a year away from moving to MLB and is still learning why not sign Trotter when Bates D is about stopping the run, we all no Trotter can still do that why not bring him in. just my 2 cents!!
    Great Post

This was the same thing i was thinking.We have a chance to sign both of them and if that happens we will scare the living hell out of teams.

We may not get another chance this season to sign 2 quality players like Trotter and Rice.