Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Nick Bakay's wife, Robin is superhot!!

Hey, I beileve its very possible or Henry to rush for over 2000, if he can stay healthy. I predict our offense to be one of the NFL's best this season, and DONT WORRY PEOPLE, the defense will be fine.
    Co-founders of the ORANGE RUSH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Nick Bakay's wife, Robin is superhot!!
    pics of said wife?
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

Alright here it is...

I hope someone didn't already do this.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...=2&Submit=Find

This is just going by the avg. rushing yards allowed by Denver's apponents last season. If TH rushes for the avg these teams allowed from last season it would 1865 yards. Den will play 7 teams in the top 13 of this category only two allow more than 100 yards/pg and barely. but the remaining teams after that are terrible, allowing over 120 a game. 125 is the average amount per game for him to reach 2000.

I say no way in hell will he reach this.

1. he won't get all the carries even if he is the fetured back.
    2. it's very improbable for him to stay healthy if he is to get the amount of carries required for any back on any team to amase such yards.
    3. well #3 is because i'm not going to be a huge Homer on this. Please god prove me wrong. if we can get a 2000 yrd rusher we could be going places.

Maybe we'll do it with three backs but not with just Travis.

If you have any questions you can reach me at 1-800-dontbeahomer

Quote Originally Posted by kristian824 View Post
    If you have any questions you can reach me at 1-800-dontbeahomer
    check your voicemail
    [SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2455/champsigmt9.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/EGhatchie94/DJSignature.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

People throw around 2,000 yards like it's no big deal.

5 RB's in the entire history of the NFL have done it. Only 5. Ever.

This is not an easy achievement. This is a MAJOR, HUGE milestone that can identify a player's entire career.

Emmit Smith never did it. Walter Payton never did it. The list of huge names in RB history that never hit 2,000 yards in a season can get very long, very quick.

What TD and the Broncos did in 1998 is a monster accomplishment, and that was truly a magical, dream season.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if Henry hit 2,000 yards. But I'm not going to expect it, or even hope for it. It's just not anywhere close to the realm of realism to hope for this.

To put it in perspective: In the last 40 years, 40 teams have won a Superbowl. 5 RB's have hit 2,000 yards rushing. A team is 8 TIMES more likely to win a Superbowl then hit 2,000 yards rushing.

well let's look at the 5 guys who've done it before

terrell davis - it took him 392 attempts, and a 5.1 rush yard average. he never played the same again. who knows if it was that many attempts, but regardless, it was his end.

jamal lewis - it took him 387 rushes, at a 5.3 average, and playing the browns twice that year to do it. also never played the same again. was arguably an average back before it, and dropped off even worse after it.

eric ****erson - 379 attempts, at a 5.6 yard average. this equates to the all time rushing record for a season. only two of his next six seasons were anything to boast about, and after that, he was finished. the only one on this list to really eclipse 2000 by alot. hit 2105.

barry sanders - only did it on 335 attempts, however, averaged a beastly 6.1 yard average. barry's career year. everything hit right that season. keep in mind this was the largest accumulation of carries he'd ever had. next year he got even more, and only hit 1400. for any back that's good. for barry sanders, if you're given 343 carries you hit 1700 yards.

oj simpson - maybe the most impressive. only did it on 332 attempts, at 6 yards per carry flat. in 14 games. had two of three good years after that and was done.

what can we gather from this? you need over 330 carries, guarenteed, unless you perform a miracle. or, you need an avg over 5.8 to manage anything close. that, and you might never be the same in the coming years after.

so what can we expect from henry this year? ehhhh, we rushed altogether 426 times last year. remove about 40 for backup rushes, and i'd guess about 50 for bell/sapp rushes, which leaves about 336. he'd have to average around 6 yards per carry.

also consider he's never rushed more than about 330 times in one season. now, he's also missed some time in his career and hasn't been on teams where they'd run out the clock in garbage time.

now, hypothetically, if he stays healthy, we may be able to assume lots of backup rushes from 3rd and 4th stringers won't happen. this isn't a "screw the bells, it's your turn no namer" situation. so maybe we can assume one more yard per carry a game. or 352 rushes. he'd have to average 5.7 yards a carry. now, on the long shot we give him 23 rushes per game, or 368 carries, he'd have to average 5.5 yards. exactly what clinton portis hit twice in a row in denver. only portis ran it about 290 times. henry's more of a workhorse but do we give henry 23 runs per game compared to portis' 19? and can he average that like portis did?

what can we conclude? it's going to take alot to hit 2000. and he may cripple his career in doing so.

just something to ponder
    Last edited by NinjaPirateFunk; 08-22-2007 at 12:29 PM.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Heres to a great year for Travis. I hope he hits 1500 yards and gets his best season ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    Seriously what's the fixation some of you people have with Mike Bell?
    Whats the fixation with Travis Henry????

Is he considered fast????

Is he considered big????

Does he have Super Bowl experience????

I like Mike because his cuts are sharper, he seems faster, and he's bigger, plus he loves the broncos
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post

Is he considered big????

I like Mike because his cuts are sharper, he seems faster, and he's bigger, plus he loves the broncos

What's the fixation with Henry?

For starters he is the starting runningback all others are competing for back up positions.

He's got the resume to prove that he's starting runningback.

As far as speen and cutting ability it doesn't look to me that Bell is faster or makes sharper cuts than Henry.

I like M. Bell but I really don't care that he was a fan of the Broncos in his childhood, that in no way shape or form makes him a better runningback.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    What's the fixation with Henry?

For starters he is the starting runningback all others are competing for back up positions.

He's got the resume to prove that he's starting runningback.

As far as speen and cutting ability it doesn't look to me that Bell is faster or makes sharper cuts than Henry.

I like M. Bell but I really don't care that he was a fan of the Broncos in his childhood, that in no way shape or form makes him a better runningback.
    And MBELL does not run with POWER. Sorry, ah no. Cant break a takle to save his life. THENRY breaks tackles all day. He's breaking tackles at the super market right now!
    Bottom Line- THENRY run with POWER. MBELL does not.

Oh and one more thing, MBELL cant block to save his life! He gets thrown around like a rag doll. Please see Rams game last year when Leonard Little threw him to the turf like a little child and broke his finger.
    Or the SF game where he missed his blocking assignment and Cutler was seeing stars from his concussion. (George "turnstile" Foster didnt help on that play either!)

I had the 4th pick in my FF draft this year, and I took Henry with it. LJ and Alexander were still on the board, but I think Cheese has a better year. 2,000 yds? That would be awesome, but no way would I forcast that. 1,500 and 12 td's is more of what I anticipate if he is healthy.

And for the record, I am not one of those guys that picks players off of my favorite team in fantasy leagues instead of value. I honestly think Henry is a top fantasy back this year and he would have been gone in my league by time I picked 2nd.

Is he considered big????

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure Henry is bigger than bell...and a hell of a lot stronger too. and what does the lack of super bowl experience have anything do with anything at all? like wth??

Is he considered big????

Mike Bell is taller but likely bigger than Henry. Bell is 6'0" 225 lbs. Henry is 5'9" 230 lbs. That's more wieght on a shorter frame which means that Henry is likely more compact and more stout than Bell.

The truth is, if the coaches thought about Bell what you think of him, Henry never would have been signed.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!