Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    These boards make me laugh....

Everyone cries and moans about our d-line and everything else about the preseason. Had we won that game, people would probably still complain. Preseason is a way for coaches to gauge players, if winning meant anything don't you think the playbook would come out.

The coaches get to see their plays in training camp, what works and what doesn't. When the start of the season begins, we see it all come together.

As for Trotter, everyone has an opinion. But everyone's opinion is enough to drive any fan insane! Sign Trotter don't sign him, Browning is a bum....etc,etc. If Browning plays well for us then what? Will all of you recant? I don't think so. Look at Kennedy, the report out of camp is that he has done well and fits in Bate's system. But most people have said he was a bust when we signed him.

Time will only tell what we decide to do, so in the meantime, let's just wait it out and see what happens. To often people say players are washed up, but if the money is right and the Broncos staff feels like the guy can still play, I say roll the dice. Some times a new start is the best start. Whats the worst that can happen? They get cut?

I love all of our fans on this board but sometimes I think we are a little to CRITICAL of our beloved Broncos!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129

Quote Originally Posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    These boards make me laugh....

Everyone cries and moans about our d-line and everything else about the preseason. Had we won that game, people would probably still complain. Preseason is a way for coaches to gauge players, if winning meant anything don't you think the playbook would come out.

The coaches get to see their plays in training camp, what works and what doesn't. When the start of the season begins, we see it all come together.

As for Trotter, everyone has an opinion. But everyone's opinion is enough to drive any fan insane! Sign Trotter don't sign him, Browning is a bum....etc,etc. If Browning plays well for us then what? Will all of you recant? I don't think so. Look at Kennedy, the report out of camp is that he has done well and fits in Bate's system. But most people have said he was a bust when we signed him.

Time will only tell what we decide to do, so in the meantime, let's just wait it out and see what happens. To often people say players are washed up, but if the money is right and the Broncos staff feels like the guy can still play, I say roll the dice. Some times a new start is the best start. Whats the worst that can happen? They get cut?

I love all of our fans on this board but sometimes I think we are a little to CRITICAL of our beloved Broncos!

Some people are way quick to say it would be a great move. When a player gets cut the first question that I think should come to mind is 'What is the reason he got cut?' not 'Should we sign him?' It's important know why before making the decision to try and sign a free agent.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

I totally agree. However dont you think signing Trotter could maybe help DJ and thats what the Broncos are trying to do? I mean if he is meeting here there is obviously a reason. Same as there is a reason he was cut from the eagles. Regaurdless I feel the same way you all do. I just want us to win and pre-season is most definitly not worring me. If you understand football then you understand that pre-season is not a time that starters are getting looked at. Yes they do watch and make sure they are playing their responsabilities but pre-season is to look at all the back-ups and get a depth chart for the start of the season. We have to find out in pre-season who can step up in case of of the starters are injured. Starters can only lose their job if they look absolutly terrible which imo DJ hasn;t looked that bad considering the new position and the amount of time played. Any how I think everyone just gets excited to see a big name out there and they want us to constantly improve. Bottom line is the grass is always greener on the other side. All in all I think trotter could be a good pick up simply for experience at the middle linebacker position to help DJ not to replace him. Webster williams and Gold will start and be a very good core of LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoMan04 View Post
    I totally agree. However dont you think signing Trotter could maybe help DJ and thats what the Broncos are trying to do? I mean if he is meeting here there is obviously a reason. Same as there is a reason he was cut from the eagles. Regardless I feel the same way you all do. I just want us to win and pre-season is most definitly not worring me. If you understand football then you understand that pre-season is not a time that starters are getting looked at. Yes they do watch and make sure they are playing their responsabilities but pre-season is to look at all the back-ups and get a depth chart for the start of the season. We have to find out in pre-season who can step up in case of of the starters are injured. Starters can only lose their job if they look absolutly terrible which imo DJ hasn;t looked that bad considering the new position and the amount of time played. Any how I think everyone just gets excited to see a big name out there and they want us to constantly improve. Bottom line is the grass is always greener on the other side. All in all I think trotter could be a good pick up simply for experience at the middle linebacker position to help DJ not to replace him. Webster williams and Gold will start and be a very good core of LBs.
    Yes there is interest but to what extent? Terrell Owens was brought in two years ago and went no where fast.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
    If Trotter passed a physical and was signed to a small deal, he could be a good depth pick up. I think our starters are already set. The downside is that Trotter does not play special teams anymore so we would rarely ever see him in there unless someone goes down.

The Eagles cut him for a reason. Andy Reid told him that he thinks he should retire. This is not the Pro Bowl talent Jeremiah Trotter that is available, its a player that has declining skills and not much left in the tank. I love his attitude and the way he plays the game, he has a great work ethic and could still be valuable to a team. But he is not a savior for anyone, and quite frankly we do not NEED him. Williams, Gold, and Webster will make a very solid and feared LB unit
    Well, I'm glad our starters are set at least. So we've decided on Webster now that Eddie Moore's done following Bates from team to team and Holdman will miss this season? And our only MLB other than D.J. will be starting at Sam now. I'm praying they all have a productive healthy season, 'cos after them we've got D.D. Lewis and then (I guess) Cameron Vaughn. Vaughn did play some MLB in college though, so I guess that's something....
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!
    I never wanted a sig. I still don't.RIP, D-Will and Damien Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Morambar View Post
    Well, I'm glad our starters are set at least. So we've decided on Webster now that Eddie Moore's done following Bates from team to team and Holdman will miss this season? And our only MLB other than D.J. will be starting at Sam now. I'm praying they all have a productive healthy season, 'cos after them we've got D.D. Lewis and then (I guess) Cameron Vaughn. Vaughn did play some MLB in college though, so I guess that's something....
    You should change your sig dude, Goddfrey's a washington foreskin right now.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust View Post
    You should change your sig dude, Goddfrey's a washington foreskin right now.
    Nah, I'm gonna leave it there in the proud tradition of Broncomania "I tol' ya so"s so when people start to realize we've only got 2 starting LBs and MAYBE 1 good enough to be backups they can look back and see how easily (and inexpensively) the problem could've been solved with a versatile, fast, big, smart and experienced LB who's started every year of his career, whether as a 3-4 ILB or 4-3 OLB. Funny thing is with the shift going on in Washington they have so many LBs I was actually looking at them as someone whose pocket we might pick with Warren, but it looks like that shipped has sailed in an ugly, ugly way; we lose a guy we needed to start and get a draft pick, while the 'Skins get Godfrey for a song. On that lovely note, anyone know anything about this guy:

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ha....asp?ID=116673

'Cos whether folks want to admit or not, 3 starting caliber LBs (and I don't think we've got that many) ain't enough. I said it last year when Keith Burns was just getting older and Al was just getting injured and I'll say it again. We brought in a lot of guys this off season, but the two leading candidates for the Sam job are now out of football, one of them for at least a season and the other one almost certainly permanently (though who knows, if Bates is here next year he may manage to get yet another team to make room for Eddie Moore). So Webster's our Sam by default, which means D.J. has to have a great year and an injury to D.J. OR Webster probably puts the banged up D.D. Lewis on the field; after that it's Cameron Vaughn. The only two realistic hopes we have of a decent Mike will be starting either there or at Sam. I hear horses like apples; someone ship those guys a bushel or two....

If D.J.s psyche is so fragile it can't handle more competition than Webster and Vaughn he's probably not a starting MLB to begin; regardless, we need another experienced, quality versatile LB (actually, I'd settle for ONE at this point). It's not that I question D.J.s ability, it's that I think asking him to come on and be a Pro Bowl Mike for 20 weeks and never get hurt is a little unrealistic, especially in a D that uses the Mike more than most. If we can get Trotter we should, and put the better of him or Webster at Sam unless/until needed at Mike; IMHO it'd be stupid not to do so, since the only real weaknesses I see on this team are DT and MLB.
    Last edited by Morambar; 08-25-2007 at 12:03 AM.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!
    I never wanted a sig. I still don't.RIP, D-Will and Damien Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I bet signing Trotter would light a fire under DJ's butt. J/k

I like Trotter because he is a good specialteamer and we need players on special teams and he brings a lot of leadership with him,he kind of remind me of Burns.Also, he could help out on defense if its necessary.
    Are you serious? He is going to want good STARTING MONEY. There's no way we're going to waste all that money on a special teamer.

It's so frustrating how impatient some of you are. 2 bad games and you want to can DJ? This is ridiculous. First the whole board is going crazy about how awesome DJ is going to be and then after 2 bad games you want to get rid of him? Some of you remind me of Patriot fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Are you serious? He is going to want good STARTING MONEY. There's no way we're going to waste all that money on a special teamer.

It's so frustrating how impatient some of you are. 2 bad games and you want to can DJ? This is ridiculous. First the whole board is going crazy about how awesome DJ is going to be and then after 2 bad games you want to get rid of him? Some of you remind me of Patriot fans.
    It's irrelevant now, the Broncos aren't even interested Trotter.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It's irrelevant now, the Broncos aren't even interested Trotter.
    i heard differently from many members on the site
    BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL