How different would you feel if Denver was 3-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • East Coast Fan
    All-Pro
    • Feb 2006

How different would you feel if Denver was 3-2?

Take away the two last second losses to the Bears and the Jags and Denver is 3-2, and had they not given the Packers 14 points off two crucial turnovers who knows, but how different would you feel about the whole situation if they were 3-2 instead of 1-4? A lot more confident? A little more confident? The same?
  • orange crush75
    Captain
    • Feb 2006

The way I see it is
    #1 we gave away the win in Oakland
    Hamiltons dropped pass in the endzone and Sanders tripping on what would have been a walk in TD.

#2 the last second losses to the Bears and Jags were heart breaking . Refs made bad calls in each.

#3 we actually competed with the Pakers in Lambo having 3 turnovers.

We aren't as bad as some people think . We aren't getting destroyed up and down every week.

This gives me hope . If we win these games we should have were sitting at 3-2 it would be a better atmosphere. Honestly we should be sitting at 4-1 imo

Comment

• East Coast Fan
      All-Pro
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      The way I see it is
      #1 we gave away the win in Oakland
      Hamiltons dropped pass in the endzone and Sanders tripping on what would have been a walk in TD.

#2 the last second losses to the Bears and Jags were heart breaking . Refs made bad calls in each.

#3 we actually competed with the Pakers in Lambo having 3 turnovers.

We aren't as bad as some people think . We aren't getting destroyed up and down every week.

This gives me hope . If we win these games we should have were sitting at 3-2 it would be a better atmosphere. Honestly we should be sitting at 4-1 imo
      Yeah, I can see that too. I also don't think they are that far from putting things together, it takes some time but if they can keep the defense from getting shredded against the run and the offense starts to click and not go into lapses in the third quarter who knows? Still a few players away from doing any serious damage but I can see them improving, those losses hurt especially the two because of last second field goals AND those roughing the passer calls.

Comment

• JW7
        Captain
        • Apr 2009

You are what your record says you are but I agree to an extent. Heartbreaking to lose the way we have this year. Even at 2-3, I would feel optimistic about fighting for a wild card spot. Unfortunately, 1-4 seems too daunting. If they can take these next two at home, I'll start thinking that the playoffs are a possibility again.
        Last edited by JW7; 10-09-2019, 11:57 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

I think The Broncos are a 2 and 3 team, for what that's worth...which still means not good enough. And if we blame the refs, we can blame the refs for many games. Bad calls happen. But it's also incumbent on a team to stop teams from rallying. The Trubisky to Robinson pass had to be rejected, for example.

The Broncos are not a terrible team. They are most likely a close to 500 team based on what I can tell. But if so, that's not good enough. Why? Because it is not necessarily a given that this team will be much better next year. It could, but I still see a bump or two along the way back.

But it's difficult to answer the question of being 3 and 2, given it's hypothetical, and would mean that we stopped other teams from scoring....which we did not. Or maybe it implies that we scored more, which we did not.

It's early, but we are what we are.....an average team perhaps with possibly a slightly unlucky record. But what we are not, is a team that will be fighting for the highest draft picks. I've seen enough from other teams to feel confident that we are better than a group of them, as we know them today. Teams, like us, that should be better.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

I’m more confident in this team than last years team. Yeah we’re on pace for a worse record but we haven’t seen the embarrassing blowout loss yet that was so common the past two years.

Comment

• champ&dreallday
              Playmaker
              • Sep 2007

I would have to feel better because we'd only have two losses. But there's way too many if's/could've - should've situations in that equation. We are what our record is. The Chargers could say they would've beaten us if they scored before the half. Common belief is more games are lost than won, so I refuse to backtrack and say the refs cost us a game or if we didn't turn the ball over, etc. This team isn't horrible, but it's blown very winnable games on multiple occasions, which makes me feel more like that's who they are rather than just a bad game. And a huge piece of it, IMO falls on bad coaching, offensive play calling, and sub par defensive scheming. And a lot of that is on Elway.

Comment

• JW7
                Captain
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                I would have to feel better because we'd only have two losses. But there's way too many if's/could've - should've situations in that equation. We are what our record is. The Chargers could say they would've beaten us if they scored before the half. Common belief is more games are lost than won, so I refuse to backtrack and say the refs cost us a game or if we didn't turn the ball over, etc. This team isn't horrible, but it's blown very winnable games on multiple occasions, which makes me feel more like that's who they are rather than just a bad game. And a huge piece of it, IMO falls on bad coaching, offensive play calling, and sub par defensive scheming. And a lot of that is on Elway.
                I agree but losing to two last second field goals when you had the lead that were setup by two very questionable roughing calls is quite different than if we would've scored at the end of the half, we could've won.

Still, the Broncos are 1-4 and nothing will change that. I do feel better about this teams ability to compete than I do the previous two years but that's not saying much.
                sigpic

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2010

i'd feel thomas is probably off the board by the time we draft, i hope we get Wirfs
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• orange crush75
                    Captain
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    I agree but losing to two last second field goals when you had the lead that were setup by two very questionable roughing calls is quite different than if we would've scored at the end of the half, we could've won.

Still, the Broncos are 1-4 and nothing will change that. I do feel better about this teams ability to compete than I do the previous two years but that's not saying much.
                    Exactly . Add the the fact that Hamilton dropped a pass in the endzone and Sanders tripped .

Comment

• EddieMac
                      Canuck Mod, eh!
                      • Feb 2004

I’d still be nail biting without the depression of 1-4 hanging there...

The wins would have been ugly,,,close...and not indicative of a team that is built to compete in the post season.. but wins.

So smiling but waiting for the implosion every week...

Kinda like the Tebow years now that I think of of it...
                      sigpic

Comment

• johnlimburg
                        Ring of Famer
                        • Sep 2009

The same issues would still exist for me, and those are the same issues I whinged about last off-season, the off-season before that, and the off-season before that. Our offensive line is weak, we don't have the quarterback of the future developing, our defensive interior on all 3 levels is weak, and the recent issue which has arisen, we lack cornerback depth. The only difference would be that now when people mention these problems, they can't be shot down by "true fans" telling them to shut up because we are 3-2.

Comment

• svpearson
                          Practice Squad
                          • Sep 2005

Much better to be honest as with that record there is at least a long shot of a playoff run which would make the games more interesting. At 1-4 they would have to go on a run of wins and I don't think this team is good enough to do that.

Comment

• GMTD
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2016

I'm always optimistic about our chances.

However, if we're going to go on a run, our offense will need to score more than they have done so far:

If they do that I am confident that the defence can keep anyone in check..

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

I’m not going to over react that an 0-4 beat a 2-2 team to get a win.

We now beat a team with a losing record. We probably still suck.

We will have to not choke to Tennessee and then also beat KC to prove to me we don’t still stink.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X