X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onanygivensunda
    Playmaker
    • Sep 2010

After winning the Lombardi in 2015, four consecutive losing seasons should cause Elway to lose his job.

If the team is 7-9 or worse in 2019 and the same in 2020, I predict Elway won't see 2021 as the team's GM.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• L.M.
      Vitalstatistix
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Will the boards still be up in arms after we beat Chicago??? I'm not screaming for anybody's head until we see where this team is at half way through
      Only after every loss.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Hadez
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        John Elway is under contract as the Denver Broncos' GM through the 2021 season.
        you post that like a GM under contract has never been fired
        What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
        effort x talent = skill
        effort x skill = achievement
        How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Hadez
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
          Only after every loss.
          They come out after a win too. We just see less positive posts after a loss.
          effort x talent = skill
          How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Hadez
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
            After winning the Lombardi in 2015, four consecutive losing seasons should cause Elway to lose his job.

If the team is 7-9 or worse in 2019 and the same in 2020, I predict Elway won't see 2021 as the team's GM.
            We were 9-7 in 2016

After 1 game you see us having a losing season 2019 and 2020?
            effort x talent = skill

Comment

• samparnell
              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              you post that like a GM under contract has never been fired
              I do not recall having said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I feel capable of expressing myself without your observations. Google it, if you don't believe me. Didn't make any prediction; jus' sayin'. Besides, I don't think it's our call to make.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Hadez
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I do not recall having said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I feel capable of expressing myself without your observations. Google it, if you don't believe me. Didn't make any prediction; jus' sayin'. Besides, I don't think it's our call to make.
                I was saying GMs get fired

edit - I misread it. You are not trying to put words into my mouth. You are trying to control my self expression. Do not do that. I can post whatver I want as long as it fits under the rules of the forums.
                Last edited by Hadez; 09-14-2019, 01:02 PM.
                effort x talent = skill

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  I was saying GMs get fired

edit - I misread it. You are not trying to put words into my mouth. You are trying to control my self expression. Do not do that. I can post whatver I want as long as it fits under the rules of the forums.
                  You lost me.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2010

We need to go at least 9-7 this year

Comment

• FlaccoTruther
                      Practice Squad
                      • Sep 2019

There is no sort of cutoff point for me. I just want to some sort of semblence of a vision and plan coming togegether.

Would I prefer 10-6? Sure but if we finish the year 7-9 and it looks like Lock is the franchise guy, Sutton takes another huge step forward, Fant looks like a potential longterm franchise guy at TE, etc that is what is most important me right now.

Much more so then if we have a fluky 10-6 year like the 2007 Browns.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2010

I would take a Fluke or a Flounder at this point.
                        Anything, just have a winning season and some improvement!

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          I would take a Fluke or a Flounder at this point.
                          Anything, just have a winning season and some improvement!

Let’s start with a win on Sunday!

I remember traveling home after the Broncos lost to the Steelers in 2015. After back to back losses to the Raiders and Steelers, at the time it didn’t feel like we had a Super Bowl caliber team. After the loss, I remember a Steelers fan saying their season had the feel of another championship. In hindsight, it worked out pretty well. Let’s hope last Monday’s loss was a sign of better things to come - like those losses to the Raiders and Steelers in 2015.

Comment

• GiddyupGetEm
                            Special Teams
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
                            There is no sort of cutoff point for me. I just want to some sort of semblence of a vision and plan coming togegether.

Would I prefer 10-6? Sure but if we finish the year 7-9 and it looks like Lock is the franchise guy, Sutton takes another huge step forward, Fant looks like a potential longterm franchise guy at TE, etc that is what is most important me right now.

Much more so then if we have a fluky 10-6 year like the 2007 Browns.
                            You realize our 2018 season was the one which showed promise?? Lindsay, Sutton, Chubb. Last season showed a future core of the team. Everyone said just wait until next year. Now here we are.

New Orleans was 7-9 team year after year. Then they drafted Kamara, Lattimore, and Ramzsyk and went 11-5. Their promising future happened in one season.

So how many “years of promise” before Broncos fans we say enough? In my mind, THIS is the year Elway either gets us to the playoffs or he leaves. If we end the season saying “6-10 but I see some bright spots” then we are doomed.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                              Football Immortal
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Let’s start with a win on Sunday!

I remember traveling home after the Broncos lost to the Steelers in 2015. After back to back losses to the Raiders and Steelers, at the time it didn’t feel like we had a Super Bowl caliber team. After the loss, I remember a Steelers fan saying their season had the feel of another championship. In hindsight, it worked out pretty well. Let’s hope last Monday’s loss was a sign of better things to come - like those losses to the Raiders and Steelers in 2015.
                              Sounds good to me!

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                                Captain
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                                You realize our 2018 season was the one which showed promise?? Lindsay, Sutton, Chubb. Last season showed a future core of the team. Everyone said just wait until next year. Now here we are.

New Orleans was 7-9 team year after year. Then they drafted Kamara, Lattimore, and Ramzsyk and went 11-5. Their promising future happened in one season.

So how many “years of promise” before Broncos fans we say enough? In my mind, THIS is the year Elway either gets us to the playoffs or he leaves. If we end the season saying “6-10 but I see some bright spots” then we are doomed.
                                That's what fans are saying already. There is no leash on Elway in this forum.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X