• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LSIGRAD09
    GO BRONCOS!!!
    • Sep 2009

Raiders Acquire Maurice Jones-Drew

Per Nfl.com

Maurice Jones-Drew returns to a familiar place. The running back, who grew up a stone's throw from Oakland, signed a three-year deal with the Raiders, the team announced Friday.

Personally, I think it is a good move.
    sigpic
  • broncoFan!
    Playmaker
    • Sep 2009

Best offseason decision they've made so far. Hopefully he'll tough it out with them and not half-ass it towards the end of the season.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• Chronoless
      Captain
      • Nov 2012

I think its a good move (as a signing) but dumb one for the raiders because of already signing McFadden, they should of sign him ahead of time and then skip McFadden and went for something else. The way it looks in the AFC West.

Broncos --> Trying to improve their passing D (they already have one of the best Running D in 2013)
      KC --> Trying to lose a few more games (lost OL/DL player and haven't done much)
      Chargers --> Trying to improve their already improve running game (has 3 good running back)
      Raiders --> Trying to copy the Chargers with their running game

No Smack but the raider will still be on the bottom, but gotta admit they are getting better, and I think the Chargers will still be the only treat to the Broncos (well unless their running game doesn't work and they have to rely of Phillis)

I do miss the good old Raider Rivalry, now we don't even look at any of these 3 teams as rivals, were so focus on the PATs we could care less whats in our division.
      Originally posted by broncos SB2010
      I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

Comment

• Houshmazode
        The Mountaineer
        • Sep 2006

Not surprised. He was born in Oakland, went to UCLA and did the Mile High salute every time he scored a td against us in Jacksonville. Good signing for the Raiders but he won't last more than a couple years.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• FL BRONCO
          Traveling Mod
          • Mar 2010

Good move for the Raiders, move over McFadden and make some room. I think good move for them and obviously doesn't make me happy but not real worried either.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• samparnell
            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
            • Nov 2007

DeSean Jackson may be the next to return to the Bay area.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• FL BRONCO
              Traveling Mod
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              DeSean Jackson may be the next to return to the Bay area.
              He would fit well their in Oakland cc
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• jwhitt1
                Practice Squad
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                I think its a good move (as a signing) but dumb one for the raiders because of already signing McFadden, they should of sign him ahead of time and then skip McFadden and went for something else. The way it looks in the AFC West.

Broncos --> Trying to improve their passing D (they already have one of the best Running D in 2013)
                KC --> Trying to lose a few more games (lost OL/DL player and haven't done much)
                Chargers --> Trying to improve their already improve running game (has 3 good running back)
                Raiders --> Trying to copy the Chargers with their running game

No Smack but the raider will still be on the bottom, but gotta admit they are getting better, and I think the Chargers will still be the only treat to the Broncos (well unless their running game doesn't work and they have to rely of Phillis)

I do miss the good old Raider Rivalry, now we don't even look at any of these 3 teams as rivals, were so focus on the PATs we could care less whats in our division.
                I think he compliments McFad and lightens his load as DMC is constantly injured. Raiders also have Latavius Murray who they drafted last year that looked very promising until he went on IR just before the season started.

Comment

Working...
                X