• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the0rangecrush
    Captain
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Surprised to hear that we are aggressively pursuing D-Wade. Love it and hate it, I think he's been one of the most underrated superstars of his time and he has singlehandedly extended the Heat season numerous times. And he'd be a great mentor for our young guys. But he's near the end and fielding 20 mil offers and we are thick at both guard spots. Hopefully this is just another ploy by Wade to get the Heat to up their offer.
    My favorite player in the association is Wade. Even if it's just for a limited engagement I'd be amped if Wade came to Denver. He'd put us back on the map. That said, I agree he's not going here. I also suspect he stays in Miami.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• beastlyskronk
      Football Immortal
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      My favorite player in the association is Wade. Even if it's just for a limited engagement I'd be amped if Wade came to Denver. He'd put us back on the map. That said, I agree he's not going here. I also suspect he stays in Miami.
      He's my favorite as well but I'm afraid he puts us in the precarious position of good enough to be one and done, maybe make it to the 2nd round, but I don't think any other all star is rushing here to help him get another ring, and obviously we wouldn't have a top draft pick.

Comment

• 58_VONDOOM_92
        All-Pro
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        He's my favorite as well but I'm afraid he puts us in the precarious position of good enough to be one and done, maybe make it to the 2nd round, but I don't think any other all star is rushing here to help him get another ring, and obviously we wouldn't have a top draft pick.
        As bad as this sounds I want the lottery this year. Hopefully top 7 again. This draft is absolutely loaded and if we don't mess up we will get our star for years to come.
        sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
          Football Immortal
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
          As bad as this sounds I want the lottery this year. Hopefully top 7 again. This draft is absolutely loaded and if we don't mess up we will get our star for years to come.
          But at the same time I think getting Okafor, Noel, or even Griffin puts us in a good spot. Good enough to attract a quality FA at least. We have something in one of if not both Jokic and Nurkic, and Mudiay will be a superstar in his own right. If Murray or Beasley turn out as good as advertised we'd have a solid young team with either Gallo or Chandler as our 3. Lots of options to go with, none necessarily being wrong IMO, but with the short leashes on head coaches Malone might feel pressured to push for now even though he seems to have a good thing going with the current young talent.

But regardless of what happens, I don't believe we can be a championship team with Faried starting at 4. He can come off the bench and be great at that, but getting starting minutes hampers us more than it helps IMO. I love him but he isn't a player you build your team around.

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
            OrangeCrush Resurrection
            • Aug 2006

Nuggets are in contention for Wade, however i don't think he is a good fit for this team. He can't shoot and that's what we need. This move is to put butts in the seats.
            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              Nuggets are in contention for Wade, however i don't think he is a good fit for this team. He can't shoot and that's what we need. This move is to put butts in the seats.
              I don't completely agree or disagree. We drafted other shooters. We need Wade to

A. Improve our defense which he tends to be pretty good at even at his age
              B. Provide a veteran leadership presence which he excels at
              C. Put butts in the seat which he would do

I think withe core we have he could easily boost us to playoffs immediately. Especially since last year only required what 8 more wins?

However I do agree if Malone wants to rebuild the run and gun offense we do well in Mile High then he would be a poor fit for that.

But you buy me 2 years of electricity and getting to the playoffs again? I'm game.
              sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                Captain
                • Apr 2009

So Wade has had preliminary discussions with Cleveland about joining Lebron and Co. Miami has also upped their offer to 40m over 2y. Wade also cancelled his remaining meetings with teams this week.

However, there was recently a rumor we made an enticing offer to Atlanta for Millsap that included Faried, Barton, and Joffery.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

According to a report by Zach Lowe of ESPN, the Denver Nuggets have engaged in discussions with the Atlanta Hawks for All-Star…

Here's the Millsap news

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
                    OrangeCrush Resurrection
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    I don't completely agree or disagree. We drafted other shooters. We need Wade to

A. Improve our defense which he tends to be pretty good at even at his age
                    B. Provide a veteran leadership presence which he excels at
                    C. Put butts in the seat which he would do

I think withe core we have he could easily boost us to playoffs immediately. Especially since last year only required what 8 more wins?

However I do agree if Malone wants to rebuild the run and gun offense we do well in Mile High then he would be a poor fit for that.

But you buy me 2 years of electricity and getting to the playoffs again? I'm game.
                    I'd rather wait a year. Let Mudiay, Murray, Jokic, and Nurkic develop more. Hover around .500 this year and then splurge after next season. After Gallo opts out we will have 60 million in cap space. That's room for 2 max players with room to spare. If Gallo doesn't opt out dump Faried in a trade for draft picks and you still have room for 2 max players.
                    sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                      Captain
                      • Apr 2009

I'd rather wait a year. Let Mudiay, Murray, Jokic, and Nurkic develop more. Hover around .500 this year and then splurge after next season. After Gallo opts out we will have 60 million in cap space. That's room for 2 max players with room to spare. If Gallo doesn't opt out dump Faried in a trade for draft picks and you still have room for 2 max players.
                      That sounds good, but who would want to play here?

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
                        OrangeCrush Resurrection
                        • Aug 2006

You make the pitch to Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, and CP3. Obviously they'll probably say no but then you get to the next tier. The all stars. I'd make a run at the Greek freak, Blake Griffin, Paul Milsap, or Gordon Hayward. All are max or close to max players in the modern NBA. Ideally you'd want one from the first group and one from the second group. My ideal world would be Westbrook and the Greek Freak. But if we grabbed, say the Greek freak and Blake Griffin? I'd be very happy with that.
                        sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

Exactly what orange crush said. There is no waiting around in Denver. If we get a chance to sign a super star like Wade you absolutely take the chance when you can. Even if he is aging.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
                            OrangeCrush Resurrection
                            • Aug 2006

sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                              Captain
                              • Apr 2009

To add

The Heat were more than $10 million short of Denver's offer at last report but most league observers still expect D-Wade to wind up in Miami

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
                                OrangeCrush Resurrection
                                • Aug 2006

If Nuggets are able to pull this off. I immediately trade for Milsap. I'd give Faried, Barton, and either our own or the pick we are owed by Memphis in the 1st next year. Atlanta does well for a guy who is about to walk in FA.

PG Mudiay/Nelson
                                SG Wade/Harris/Murray/Beasley
                                SF Gallo/Chandler
                                PF Milsap/Arthur/Hernangomez
                                C Jokic/Nurkic/Lauvergne

That is a team that could compete for a 5 seed in the west imo.
                                Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 07-05-2016, 08:24 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X