• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Yannick Ngakoue Drawing Trade Interest

With the 2020 NFL Draft three weeks away, Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who is seeking to move on from the franchise, is drawing trade interest from teams, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

First few sentences:

Since the Jacksonville Jaguars slapped the franchise tag on defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, the presumption has been that the QB-disruptor is a prime tag-and-trade candidate. Teams are checking in to see about that possibility.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday that the Jags have heard from multiple teams about the possibility of trading for Ngakoue, per sources informed of the situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The price for this guy would be steep, but imagine how good this D would look with Miller, Chubb and Ngakoue, creating pass rush madness!!

I know, not a pressing need, and too costly. But though many believe we need DT help, an outstanding pass rush would reduce the need...even though we could add a DT or even two in the draft. GO WR/Oline/CB early, and we would be awesome!!

OK (now that I got that out of my system)...who do you think is talking trade for him? Apparently The Eagles might be in on it.
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

It would be a terrible move to trade a first round pick for a back up edge rusher. Cause I still see miller and chubb as the starters next year. Let another pass rush needy team worry about it

Eagles and jets make sense in my head
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      It would be a terrible move to trade a first round pick for a back up edge rusher. Cause I still see miller and chubb as the starters next year. Let another pass rush needy team worry about it

Eagles and jets make sense in my head
      No prob....I would not give up our 1st. But imagine an alignment with those three as DEs/OLBs.

Comment

• myoung
        Captain
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        No prob....I would not give up our 1st. But imagine an alignment with those three as DEs/OLBs.
        Unless it is a rotation model I am not sure I am a big fan of it. He is certainly younger than Von and would provide long term value ( I am not suggesting we do it)

I think we would be far better off with DT/ DEs that can put pressure up the middle rather than adding another edge rusher.

If we are going to trade a first round pick, go before the Chiefs for Chris Jones before trading for Yannick. I think that would go much better with Von and Chubb..

Just my two cents

Comment

• EddieMac
          Canuck Mod, eh!
          • Feb 2004

For all these edge rushers to be effective...we need to get pressure up the middle...

Let’s invest there.
          sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by myoung View Post
            Unless it is a rotation model I am not sure I am a big fan of it. He is certainly younger than Von and would provide long term value ( I am not suggesting we do it)

I think we would be far better off with DT/ DEs that can put pressure up the middle rather than adding another edge rusher.

If we are going to trade a first round pick, go before the Chiefs for Chris Jones before trading for Yannick. I think that would go much better with Von and Chubb..

Just my two cents
            I understand. But imagine the outside we would have, IF we had a bit stronger of an inside rush. Casey was a good add in that regard.

Haha...I was thinking, can we get their 1st (#9) for our first plus a few picks and maybe a player (not sure who though), and then trade back and get most capital back, and still have a 1st!!!

Money Ball!!!!!

I know....I'm a bit bored, and losing my focus!!

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

I understand. But imagine the outside we would have, IF we had a bit stronger of an inside rush. Casey was a good add in that regard.

Haha...I was thinking, can we get their 1st (#9) for our first plus a few picks and maybe a player (not sure who though), and then trade back and get most capital back, and still have a 1st!!!

Money Ball!!!!!

I know....I'm a bit bored, and losing my focus!!
              It’s not a popular scenario but if we went that route, I’d say offer Von!

I know I know you can’t trade Alexander the great however I feel that this will be Vons last season in Denver anyway.

Just an idea.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2008

The only time they'd be on the field together is in base, and that would not be a good base. Fangio's base D uses a decent amount of two gapping by the down linemen (DE,NT,DE), not all the time, but he does use it. Which means they need to take on blocks and defend two gaps. DE's are responsible for B and C gaps, and the NT is responsible for both A gaps. Because of that the down linemen need to be stout and able to take on double teams while not giving up ground. None of the 3 are stout enough to two gap.

He just doesn't fill a big need at this point.

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  The only time they'd be on the field together is in base, and that would not be a good base. Fangio's base D uses a decent amount of two gapping by the down linemen (DE,NT,DE), not all the time, but he does use it. Which means they need to take on blocks and defend two gaps. DE's are responsible for B and C gaps, and the NT is responsible for both A gaps. Because of that the down linemen need to be stout and able to take on double teams while not giving up ground. None of the 3 are stout enough to two gap.

He just doesn't fill a big need at this point.
                  I get it....some of this was about who else might go after him.

I know DT is more the need, but nothing like a great group of pass rushers.

But what about my Money Ball/Draft Day thought process. We trade them our #15, our 2nd and two 3rds, for him and their #9. Then we trade back from #9 for a first, 2nd and 3rd. We give up a 3rd and get Ngakoue!

Comment

• mozzerpete
                    All-Pro
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I know I know you can’t trade Alexander the great however I feel that this will be Vons last season in Denver anyway.

Just an idea.
                    At this point, I would rather have Ngakoue over Miller.

How many games did Denver go without a sack from Chubb/Miller?

Answer: too many

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                      At this point, I would rather have Ngakoue over Miller.

How many games did Denver go without a sack from Chubb/Miller?

Answer: too many
                      It could make all the sense in the world! Just saying!!

Otherwise we can just wait and watch Von become a stinkin Raven!
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-31-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                        Super Moderator
                        • Dec 2008

I get it....some of this was about who else might go after him.

I know DT is more the need, but nothing like a great group of pass rushers.

But what about my Money Ball/Draft Day thought process. We trade them our #15, our 2nd and two 3rds, for him and their #9. Then we trade back from #9 for a first, 2nd and 3rd. We give up a 3rd and get Ngakoue!

It's a little too draft day for me. There are 30 other teams (aside from Jacksonville and Denver I mean) and almost all of them are looking to get better. So it's hard to get two real favourable trades in a row like that, especially since Jacksonville could get way more by selling their 9th pick and Ngakoue separately.

As for the comment about most teams trying to get better, I think there are two that are working hard to be bad. Jacksonville, for cap reasons. And I think Carolina is working really really hard at being bad enough to be able to get one of the local college QBs over the next two years. Either Trevor Lawrence from Clemson (where Carolina played their first season in the league) in 2021 or Sam Howell (from UNC) in 2022.

It depends on where you look by right now those appear to be the top 2 QBs in the next two drafts.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

Just an idea.
                          Putting aside whether Denver should do it (I don't think they should) the trade doesn't make sense for the Jaguars. Right now they're definitely in a tear it down mode due in large part to salary cap issues, so financially it doesn't make sense for them to add Miller. They also appear very much to be in the process of going young, and they'll likely have a new coaching staff in place for 2021, which I think is exactly how they've planned things.

So Denver could offer Miller, but I don't think Jacksonville would have any interest in that deal.

Comment

• mozzerpete
                            All-Pro
                            • May 2008

It could make all the sense in the world! Just saying!!

Otherwise we can just wait and watch Von become a stinkin Raven!
                            Would you be open to a draft-day trade with DAL?

Miller : R1 # 17

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

If we trade miller for him it would be a mistake. Miller is a better pass rusher and football player then Ngakoue

miller has had 46 sacks sense Ngakoue has entered the league to Ngakoue 37.5. last year even with millers drought they still had 8 sacks a piece. not to mention that miller had to drop into coverage more then Yannick. Ngakoue will be lucky to finish his career with as many sack as miller had. not to mention he had 1 double digit sack year. miller has had 8, 3 sense Ngakoue has been in the league. Miller is a better leader and the move would just be a stupid move done by age. we can find better then Ngakoue in the draft expecially sense elway has been hitting edge rusher out the park sense he has been here. he would be move expensive then his recent production and you would see the same complaints about Ngakoue as you see from Miller. either way i feel it would be a terrible move. the only Advantage Ngakoue has had over Miller is Age.

not to mention Miller has been a beat compared into Ngakoue in the playoffs.
                              Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-31-2020, 09:55 PM.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X