• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ERoyal248
    All-Pro
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Just a hypothetical, but Elway is now going to have to decide on if Flacco is worth the extra 17M over Lock next year. Nothing propels a team to being highly competitive like a cheap quality starting QB. If we were to move on from Flacco and Leary next year, we would be sitting around 75M in cap space. So next years FAs (including ours) is a lot more interesting look than the draft for me.

If you are looking at a 2 year window of VM and Chubb, then adding Wagner and Grady Jarrett on defense (expensive) may be the way to go. Of course they need to make it to FA 1st. In a situation like this, I would also consider trading the 1st for a guys that fills another hole on his rookie deal, but who knows who may be available via trade.

Point being, if Lock supplants Flacco, you need to maximize the chance to get as much veteran talent around the inexpensive QB as you can.
    Leary and Flacco being cut, saves around 28.5 million, OTC without the draft class in, has Denver at 61 million, project 5-6 for the draft picks, and it's around 80+ in cap with those two moves.

But Denver also has alot of free agents that could/would take up some of that money. Like McGovern, CHJ, Parks, Simmons, Gotsis, Wolfe, Shelby. But even if you re-sign 4-5 of those, Denver is still set up pretty well to add in free agency.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Leary and Flacco being cut, saves around 28.5 million, OTC without the draft class in, has Denver at 61 million, project 5-6 for the draft picks, and it's around 80+ in cap with those two moves.

But Denver also has alot of free agents that could/would take up some of that money. Like McGovern, CHJ, Parks, Simmons, Gotsis, Wolfe, Shelby. But even if you re-sign 4-5 of those, Denver is still set up pretty well to add in free agency.
      I'm curious to see the battle between Leary and Sam Jones. Ive heard some positive stuff about him, and he's been doing the off-season workouts with McGovern and Risner. I think that battle could be closer than some think this year.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• KWHIT97
        Master of the Mock
        • Oct 2007

I just wish Elway would draft a stinking ILB for once. Maybe after the turds on our roster stink it up again this year he will wake up and see we badly need one.

Comment

• conannilsen
          Special Teams
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          I just wish Elway would draft a stinking ILB for once. Maybe after the turds on our roster stink it up again this year he will wake up and see we badly need one.
          Joe Dineen will be a hit. I'm with you, for years I pick whatever UFA it is that year to be the one. So Dineen it is this Year. Hes got this.
          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
            Football Immortal
            • May 2010

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            I don't think we badly need one. What we need is a lber that can cover well
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Alaskajoe
              Bench Warmer
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              I don't think we badly need one. What we need is a lber that can cover well
              Due to the current negotiation status with CHJ, Its gotta be CB is the 1st or 2nd.
              I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• IAbronco24
                Practice Squad
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
                Is he really mocking that high? Don't get me wrong, I'm a hawkeyes fan and I love him, but he didn't even start this year. Not sure why, they must think he's lacking on Run D?
                He didn’t start and yet still received all big 10. I believe he had the most sacks in the league. A senior who was a 4 year starter was ahead of him and played the run well took a lot of his snaps away. But he should get close to or even surpass 15 sacks this year.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by IAbronco24 View Post
                  He didn’t start and yet still received all big 10. I believe he had the most sacks in the league. A senior who was a 4 year starter was ahead of him and played the run well took a lot of his snaps away. But he should get close to or even surpass 15 sacks this year.
                  His size plus athleticism looks special. He does not move or bend like a 6'6 280 ilb man.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                    Due to the current negotiation status with CHJ, Its gotta be CB is the 1st or 2nd.
                    You don't need special CBS with our defense and pass rush. All you need is average CBS who play zone well which can be found later in the draft shoring up our te coverage and adding an interior pass rusher taking Walker or Jones doesnt step up will help out more then new CBS I feel
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

• kerkhoff1
                      Practice Squad
                      • Feb 2004

AJ Epenesa would be interesting. His Body type is perfect for a 3-4 DE. He could be an anchor in the run game with major plus pass rush from a 3-4 DE.

Problem is he saw limited time at Iowa so far on 1st and 2nd down because he isn’t great against the run. Hopefully he improves in that area. His potential at the 5 Tech is phenomenal but has a long ways to go.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
                        AJ Epenesa would be interesting. His Body type is perfect for a 3-4 DE. He could be an anchor in the run game with major plus pass rush from a 3-4 DE.

Problem is he saw limited time at Iowa so far on 1st and 2nd down because he isn’t great against the run. Hopefully he improves in that area. His potential at the 5 Tech is phenomenal but has a long ways to go.
                        i still think he is a pipe dream. he is a very athletic 6'6' 285 pound dE. he is gonna go high and he will be coveted as an edge rusher as much a 3-4 DE. either way i don't see him being open when we draft unless we have a disapointing season
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

• mozzerpete
                          All-Pro
                          • May 2008

My draft wish list is:
                          (Predicting with '19 order)

R1: Offensive Line
                          Andrew Thomas (Jr.) > Walker Little, (Jr.) > Trey Adams, will work.

Initially, I thought a destructive DL in R1, but decided on solidifying the OL for Lock.

LT Andrew Thomas
                          LG Garrett Bolles (on 5th Yr. option)
                          OC Sam Jones
                          RG Dalton Risner
                          RT Ja'Waun James

R2: DB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
                          A WR turned CB in Saban's defense could ease Harris' potential departure.

CB Chris Harris Jr. (UFA) / Kareem Jackson
                          CB Trevon Diggs / Isaac Yiadom
                          NB Bryce Callahan
                          DB Justin Simmons (UFA) / Trey Marshal (ERFA) / Dymonte Thomas (RFA)
                          DB William Parks (UFA) / Su'a Cravens

Round 3A: WR/R K.J. Hill, Ohio State
                          Speedster with return abilities could ease Sanders' potential departure.

Emanuel Sanders (UFA)
                          Courtland Sutton
                          K.J. Hill
                          Daesean Hamilton
                          Juwann Winfree
                          Tim Patrick

R3B: OL Jon Runyan, Michigan
                          Swing tackle who also provides insurance for Bolles.

And, that's all I got.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2010

if we pick high enough it would be a mistake not to look into this QB class. there are 3-4 people that can be franchise qbs.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                              Captain
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by IAbronco24 View Post
                              If we are in the running for Epenesa next year hopefully it’s because of a trade up. If not something went horribly wrong during the season either on the Broncos end (or in a less likely scenario AJ’s end).
                              We need DE's next offseason. Expect either Wolfe or Gotsis to be gone. Epenesa would be an amazing get
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                We need DE's next offseason. Expect either Wolfe or Gotsis to be gone. Epenesa would be an amazing get
                                i really like what i hear about D. walker and D. Jones i think they may be our future at DE. if we can get gotsis and walker moving forward for a little. it could be scary. what we are gonna be weakest on is ilb and a coverage ilb to be specific.

plus Epenesa may be an olb in our defense his best talent is edge rushing over run stuffing.
                                Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 08-19-2019, 02:01 AM.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X