So Gang...What "Role" Would You Fix First???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Immediate changes;

Trade Sanders to Green Bay (they desperately need WR help, maybe get a 3rd or 4th)

Trade Chris Harris for a 2nd or 3rd

Put Von on the block and if anyone offers a 1st and then some take it.

Wolfe has no trade value.

Bench Flacco for Brandon Allen the next 2 weeks and allow Lock to get acclimated and ready to start coming out of the bye.

Once Lock is off IR and proven healthy simply cut Flacco.

Bench Bolles for literally anyone!

Take your lumps the rest of the way.

Offseason;

John takes a backseat as GM and hires Ed Dodds away from Indy.

Extend Simmons

In the draft and FA find a new LT, DE, ILB, and CB
    I concur with pretty much everything you say! The fundamentals you and many others here recommend, speaks to the knowledge base of our members. The term "consultant" has been mentioned in places, but in a sense, what a lot of folks here are stating is a very "cheap", make that free, but very intelligent take on what needs to be done. I see some themes throughout, and I will be quite flustered if The Broncos don't follow suit, to a high degree.

No one has to fire Elway....but he needs to hire a quality GM. Now, admittedly, he might pick the wrong person.

But find a personnel guru, with solid managerial skills, and every dollar will be well spent!

Move out Flacco.

See what Lock has....yes, even with a weak Oline. I've repeated this, but I am not as concerned as some that he will just get beaten up out there. He is young, athletic, has a strong arm, and can run. It is up to our coaches to design so that he does not hold on too long, while incorporating additional blocking support via RBs/TEs. And he can let Lindsay and Freeman do what they can to keep the Ds honest, in terms of blitzes, and seemingly overmatching our Oline. I mention dink and dunk, but I also mention going long ball early, because this kid can throw. There are plenty of ways to counter balance a poor Oline. Screens, draws, utilizing TEs/RBs on short passes. Extending Ds early, with the long ball.

Ask how other teams are managing to incorporate backups into their lineups, and still winning. It takes some coaching/design. But if the player is the right one, even though errors will be made, it's the way to learn, and pack in your sack for offseason review. Once you get things right, it's a lot of muscle memory so to speak. You react different, once you "get" it.

I basically agree on your plan to revitalize the team, and get the draft capital and players you need.

Like I say, this base of Broncos fans can almost be that consultant...because what I read in this thread is a group of tuned in folks,
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-20-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      I think we need to look at things from the top down.

IMO - Elway screwed up again. He restructured Flacco's contract when it didn't need to be done. In addition Flacco is maki g mistakes that I'd expect Lock to make not a SB winning vet QB. For me I think we need to trade Hamilton, Sanders and Wolfe for what we can. Then I'd trade Bolles for anything we can get or package him with a pick and grab the Washington LT.

Then we do need to set a high price for Von. Two 1sts? A 1st and a 2nd? And dont trade him for less.

CHJ should be treated the same way. You either get a 2nd or 1st or keep him. Period.

I do think that our team must make a decision NOW on Elway. If he needs to go then he cannot be the guy to rebuild.
      You know, even though I do not see someone firing Elway, I do agree that a rebuild of the nature many of us speak, where we load up on draft capital, and replace players that just don't fit/cut it, is not something Elway is good at. So, if he does the smart thing, to at least hire the right person for the GM job...which is something that does worry me, given his personnel moves in the past, he must stay far away from the scene. Because we do not want him influencing the details of a rebuild, or mini rebuild....whatever we call it.

You see, I am more down on this team than I should be, but when folks here talk about the changes that would help us, I get pumped to some degree. Why? Because it's achievable. We could muster up a load of draft capital with some trades. Heck, Jalen just went for 2 firsts and a 4th!! Even if we don't get that lucky, in terms of desperation trades, we can move some quality players and fatten up our draft wallet. AND if the right person is in charge, we can take care of the deficiencies most of us agree on.

Imagine that, a younger team with so much promise! And potentially a team with a whole new direction.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
        Hall of Famer
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        So what Qb do you guys want.
        Herbert, Fromm, Love, Tua, ?
        None of those.
        Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• mozzerpete
          All-Pro
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          Funny how people say give the offense/joe time to gel but dont think the same for the oline. Smh.
          Drafting OL will give Risner and his new counterparts at least three years to gel while helping the run and pass game.
          That alone should stabilize our O.

Denver cannot continue to plug in bodies hoping for the best.

Also, if you could just write what you mean instead of being passive-aggressive, that would help.
          I was able to grasp (I think) what you implied because I grew up with six older sisters.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
            Hall of Famer
            • Oct 2017

But bc they draw a oline they could miss on him too. Elway just made our rt the highest paid at his position.

We need a qb.
            Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• 58Miller
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              None of those.
              So who then?
              It’s easy to say Elway can’t find a QB, but it’s a lot harder to attach yourself to a qb.

Who would you fill that position with?
              sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

So who then?
                It’s easy to say Elway can’t find a QB, but it’s a lot harder to attach yourself to a qb.

Who would you fill that position with?
                Unless it's Lock, or we can acquire one of the veteran QB studs, I am not sure either.....same question as you propose.

Comment

• 58Miller
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Unless it's Lock, or we can acquire one of the veteran QB studs, I am not sure either.....same question as you propose.
                  I want Lock when HE is ready.
                  sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2007

I want Lock when HE is ready.
                    At this point, they might as well find out if Lock has the mental fortitude for the job regardless of how well he knows the playbook or whether or not he is capable of proper mechanics.
                    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• 58Miller
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      At this point, they might as well find out if Lock has the mental fortitude for the job regardless of how well he knows the playbook or whether or not he is capable of proper mechanics.
                      So he doesn’t need to know the plays or be comfortable?
                      Ok sounds like a great plan for a 22 year old who has been on IR.

I’d rather see Allen start until Lock looks better in practice but that probably would waste too much time right? Don’t understand the rush.
                      sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

So he doesn’t need to know the plays or be comfortable?
                        Ok sounds like a great plan for a 22 year old who has been on IR.

I’d rather see Allen start until Lock looks better in practice but that probably would waste too much time right? Don’t understand the rush.
                        They can always dumb things down to the plays he does know.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2015

Just over a week ago Scangarello said Lock has done a great job of grasping the offense. Aside from front office changes the first thing to fix is the quarterback. The line will be a work in progress. Let Lock get a week or two of practice reps and put him in action. He might not be the fix long term but he’s in Denver. No time like the present to move forward.
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-20-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• broncolee
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Just over a week ago Scangarello said Lock has done a great job of grasping the offense.
                            Start him!!

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Start him!!
                              Agree. He might need a couple of weeks worth of reps. Fangio and Scangarello will know when he’s ready.

Comment

• jazzy22jeff
                                Captain
                                • Dec 2015

1. Fire current coach and staff
                                2. O-line, O-line, O-line
                                3. Trash Flacco and evaluate if Lock is the answer

On paper we look good. Offense: Lindsey, Freeman, Sutton, Sanders, Janovich Defense: Miller, Chubb, Harris, Reed, Jackson, Simmons.

Our weak points are HUGE weak points: QB, O-line, and coaching. Until these are addressed, we will be an armpit of a team

Comment

Working...
                                X