• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4LifeSD
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2008

Question About Denver

Hey guys, I've been here for a long time. Always doing the pick-ems. Sometimes posting. So hopefully I can get some good answers since I've never been disrespectful on here.

I am coming to Denver on a road trip from SD with CAbroncomaniac! We are staying with some of his family in Denver. Will be there Sat-Mon or possibly Tuesday.

What is signature in Denver besides Omlettes that we should try? Any places that are a must in downtown Denver or near Denver? I work in a field where I am provided with breakfast, so breakfast food doesn't tickle my jolly since I have it every day.

Like here in SD we are the king of fish tacos. What is in Denver? Any recommendations?
  • sheenabobeena
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2012

I was just there for the first time last month for the Charger game. I enjoyed Biker Jim's... it's like their version of LA's danger/ghetto dog. if you love craft beer, there's tons of microbreweries (not as much as SD, but a good amount). My favorites were Great Divide, River North, Breckenridge, and Boulder Beer (in the airport).
    sigpic

Comment

• Go_Bolts04
      Practice Squad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Bolt4LifeSD View Post
      Hey guys, I've been here for a long time. Always doing the pick-ems. Sometimes posting. So hopefully I can get some good answers since I've never been disrespectful on here.

I am coming to Denver on a road trip from SD with CAbroncomaniac! We are staying with some of his family in Denver. Will be there Sat-Mon or possibly Tuesday.

What is signature in Denver besides Omlettes that we should try? Any places that are a must in downtown Denver or near Denver? I work in a field where I am provided with breakfast, so breakfast food doesn't tickle my jolly since I have it every day.

Like here in SD we are the king of fish tacos. What is in Denver? Any recommendations?
      If you like the Gaslamp in SD, you'll feel at home downtown Denver. Very similar vibe. Great places to eat all around. Just stay away from the Rocky Mountain Oysters..

Comment

• VADER72
        Special Teams
        • Dec 2005

Tons of good places on the 16th st mall and Larimer square. We have a Taco Bell as well. :p

Comment

• Turf Nazi
          Practice Squad
          • Mar 2008

Go to Taco De Mexico for some of the best authentic Mexican food. Not sure if you are wild about it, since you are so close to Tijuana, but it is excellent. It's off 7th and Santa Fe.
          We are going with Plan A

Comment

• MarkB
            All-Time Great
            • Nov 2011

Right before the game go to Casa Bonita
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• VADER72
              Special Teams
              • Dec 2005

Yes, go to Casa Bonita. Best Mexican food in town! It will fill your belly and your underwear in half an hour.

Comment

• Broncoholic JS
                Colorado Native
                • Jan 2005

You want some really good seafood go to Pappadeaux. It is south of Denver on Arapahoe and I-25.

Can''t go wrong with a burger from the Chophouse downtown.

Want some really good Hawai'ian BBQ? L&L Hawaiian BBQ in Aurora. (It is a little bit of a drive, but well worth it)

Mexican from The Rio downtown. (They have other locations as well)

Great bar food from LoDos in downtown as well.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• KillerKwab27
                  Practice Squad
                  • Nov 2012

Did I just see we didn't have as many microbreweries as SD? Cant be true, aren't we number one in the nation? Whatevah, Just go to Platinum 84 and take a bunch of singles. bwaha
                  Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

• Bolt4LifeSD
                    Practice Squad
                    • Dec 2008

Hey gents!

So we are making the trip out to Denver again for the opening MNF game.

Has much changed in the four years? Any new recommendations? I can't wait to go. Actually got my permission slip signed by the wife for another bros trip

Comment

• Peanut
                      ModNut
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Bolt4LifeSD View Post
                      Hey gents!

So we are making the trip out to Denver again for the opening MNF game.

Has much changed in the four years? Any new recommendations? I can't wait to go. Actually got my permission slip signed by the wife for another bros trip
                      Nice wife. My husband goes to a football game (I don't care who is playing), he's taking me.

I'm sure some of the locals will have some good suggestions for you. And good to see you still supporting the Chargers.

Go Broncos!
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Bolt4LifeSD
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Nice wife. My husband goes to a football game (I don't care who is playing), he's taking me.

I'm sure some of the locals will have some good suggestions for you. And good to see you still supporting the Chargers.

Go Broncos!
                        Yes I do. Living here in SD I got to watch the saga. The city was just as crap as Spanos. The players I've grown attached to are just caught in between. Pluss they are still our local team. If Spanos didn't move to LA, the Raiders would have used their option then the Chargers would be stuck in the same city that has stepped on it's own foot for so long and the Bolts would have had no leverage at all. Pluss that city vote was dumb. They needed to make it county.

Comment

• Bolt4LifeSD
                          Practice Squad
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Go Broncos!
                          Oh yeah. My wife will be on her friends bachelorette party.

Comment

• Frenchy180
                            Football Immortal
                            • Oct 2008

What did you manage to do on your last trip out to Denver?
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

I am not a local, so my views are less informative. But I have twice visited Denver, and loved it! Last time we stayed downtown, and it was perfect walking distance to restaurants/stores, and yes, the bus depot to go to games from....for relatively cheap. We had no difficulty making a go of it for 3 or 4 days, minus a car. We went on tours, all from our hotel. But I am sure there are a lot of advantages of having a vehicle as well, especially if you like driving in the mountains.

Still have good memories of several meals at the downtown Cheesecake Factory!! (We don't have one here)

The previous time I was there I had the best Mexican food ever, but I do not remember the restaurant name. Perhaps it was one of those mentioned above!

And on both trips I found the people to be quite friendly, as did my wife! BONUS!!

Enjoy!!
                              Last edited by CanDB; 05-12-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X