• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    It is getting hot way too early here, we are usually in the 90's in April and early May, but have been over 100 lately... It is going to be a long hot summer.
    Wow!! I know this is not "the south" where I live, though it is southern Manitoba, but it was in freeze range overnight!! Hey, I know we live far north, but cmon!!! This has gotta stop!!

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

We might finally thaw out.
      Next week I'll probably be complaining of the heat.......

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
        We might finally thaw out.
        Next week I'll probably be complaining of the heat.......
        We have the right to complain about cold and then heat, and then rain, and maybe throw in some wind, hail, snow, humidity (lets never forget humidity), drought, and whatever weather comes our way. WE HAVE RIGHTS!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Don't you find it funny that every year when the first sort of warm days hit, folks are instantly seen walking around with their most summery outfits, and guys are running around with nothing but runners and shorts. Do they think this will not happen again?? Do they have different body temperatures than this dude? (probably!!) Actually I am sure of that, given every winter, with temps below -20C (-4 F), not including wind chill, I see teenagers outside with no jackets on. HOW?????

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

In a difficult year, the one thing I must be totally happy with is the weather here. This along with the last 4 or 5 summers has been incredibly good to us! Very warm, sometimes hot, mostly sunny, some breezes, and hardly any type of storm as of yet. Pretty thankful. Almost every day for the last few months when my wife and I sit on the balcony I've mentioned how great today's weather.....again. I do it for fun now, but it is still factual. And like this evening, taking a walk with the dog in the nearby park, it was about as nice an evening as you can hope for.

I know it can end, and I know that last fall wasn't so wonderful, but got to be thankful for the good things.

:thumb:

Comment

• Sophia23
              RIP #88
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              In a difficult year, the one thing I must be totally happy with is the weather here. This along with the last 4 or 5 summers has been incredibly good to us! Very warm, sometimes hot, mostly sunny, some breezes, and hardly any type of storm as of yet. Pretty thankful. Almost every day for the last few months when my wife and I sit on the balcony I've mentioned how great today's weather.....again. I do it for fun now, but it is still factual. And like this evening, taking a walk with the dog in the nearby park, it was about as nice an evening as you can hope for.

I know it can end, and I know that last fall wasn't so wonderful, but got to be thankful for the good things.

Wish I could say the same. I'm just thrilled the weather is under 100 at 5am when I take the dogs for a walk. We broke a record apparently for the most days in a year over 110 and we are only about half way through summer it seems. I think we are at 34 days over 110. I always think summer here ends with Halloween since that's about when it usually cools down.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• JvDub95
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Yes Can, you're spot on here too. The weather here has been more than fair. One thing I am being very thankful for!! I love to golf and fish in the spring, summer and fall and I've been able to do both pretty much anytime I want to 🍻

​​​​

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Yes Can, you're spot on here too. The weather here has been more than fair. One thing I am being very thankful for!! I love to golf and fish in the spring, summer and fall and I've been able to do both pretty much anytime I want to ��
                  Glad you are able to enjoy the things you love to do!:thumb:

Comment

• Jaws
                    The Immortal Madam Chomp
                    • Oct 2004

Storms, storms, storms - day after day and no respite likely for the next few days.
                    I believe the gods are trying to get 50 storms in before my half a century!

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      Storms, storms, storms - day after day and no respite likely for the next few days.
                      I believe the gods are trying to get 50 storms in before my half a century!
                      Storms suck....sorry to hear. I feel bad for mentioning our luck so far. Very unfortunate note, last week a more rural area of our province was struck by a tornado and an 18 year old grad couple died. We get tornadoes, but usually in rural areas, and with very few casualties. To see a recent pic of the young couple all dressed up and ready to make a mark in this world, was sad.

Comment

• Jaws
                        The Immortal Madam Chomp
                        • Oct 2004

Storms suck....sorry to hear. I feel bad for mentioning our luck so far. Very unfortunate note, last week a more rural area of our province was struck by a tornado and an 18 year old grad couple died. We get tornadoes, but usually in rural areas, and with very few casualties. To see a recent pic of the young couple all dressed up and ready to make a mark in this world, was sad.
                        Tragic
                        Reminds one to count blessings.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Went for a nice drive to lake country today. Started out and it was very cool, close to freezing. Low and behold some sleet and even what appeared to be wet, light snow came down! OMG....October 1!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Beautiful autumn day! Love that the geese are flying over, so low, though this does add the risk of another flight pattern, as in, washroom on the fly.

It is so cool to hear the sound of the wings of these wonderful creatures from that close a distance.

The park nearby is special, because it is a city type park, near the river, but has some interesting wildlife from time to time. Deer are a regular commodity. Coyotes have been spotted. And more recently, a frequent young visitor - A Great Blue Heron. They say this bird is preparing for its journey south, and is quite at home in this park.

Nature rocks!!

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

After another warm year, and the driest ever in this city, and a string of warmer winters.....it's January and some Willow trees have been budding for a while, thinking it's coming to an end. This is weird to me, though I like the warmer aspects of what used to be a very cold winter. Growing up, we were used to extended super cold periods, beginning sometimes in November, peaking in January to early February and slowly warming for spring. These days it seems like a long cold streak is a few days. Hockey rinks melting too soon, and lots of slushy days as opposed to dryer harder pavements.

As I say, I like it so far, but it makes me worry a bit. It's trending most definitely. Apparently the prairies are heating up more than most places on the planet.

Comment

• Sophia23
                                RIP #88
                                • Sep 2012

After another warm year, and the driest ever in this city, and a string of warmer winters.....it's January and some Willow trees have been budding for a while, thinking it's coming to an end. This is weird to me, though I like the warmer aspects of what used to be a very cold winter. Growing up, we were used to extended super cold periods, beginning sometimes in November, peaking in January to early February and slowly warming for spring. These days it seems like a long cold streak is a few days. Hockey rinks melting too soon, and lots of slushy days as opposed to dryer harder pavements.

As I say, I like it so far, but it makes me worry a bit. It's trending most definitely. Apparently the prairies are heating up more than most places on the planet.
                                I hate a warm winter. We have had a lot of days in the 70's lately. It's January and all I can think is snake season is coming sooner than ever and our walks in the desert will end sooner than later.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X