• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

OTA's 05/20119

Not sure if there is a thread on this already if sorry I apologize the mods in advance.

Listening to Stokely, Zach and Lammy today, Cecil Lammy had much to report. First off he states that Demarcus Walker of all people man handled and owned the day in one on ones against Garret Bolles!
    Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing but lets focus on the good for now and hope Walker is finally coming into his.

Don Barcaly was flat out man handled and owned in the middle of the line while Dalton Risner looked like a season vet dominating the competition.

(Remember these are Cecil Lammys words)

Lammy also said Bradley Chubb was an unblockable force and has taken a huge sophomore leap. Lammy even went as far to say that Chubb will have more sacks than Von Miller in 2019 who will have more than 12 himself. Lammy predicts that Chubb could have as many as 20 sacks based off his dominance today. he said Chubb was an unblockable wrecking machine who disrupted the offense.

Almost sounds as if they went full pads!

Cecil also says that Josie Jewell looked really good attacking the ball carrier but will more than likely come off the field on passing downs.
    Sua Cravens is much bigger than last season and did extremely well in coverage and should make up for the lack of a covering middle linebacker if healthy.

Fangios defense won the day!

Flaccos WRs let him down in a big way dropping back to back passes, and even Courtland Sutton dropped a 70 yard bomb down the seam. Something the offense needs to work on! Timingl.

He also asked that the fan base squashes the argument between Hogan and Lock because even though Hogan is the number 2 QB on the depth chart at the moment, lock is clearly the better QB.
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not sure if there is a thread on this already if sorry I apologize the mods in advance.

Listening to Stokely, Zach and Lammy today, Cecil Lammy had much to report. First off he states that Demarcus Walker of all people man handled and owned the day in one on ones against Garret Bolles!
    Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing but lets focus on the good for now and hope Walker is finally coming into his.

Don Barcaly was flat out man handled and owned in the middle of the line while Dalton Risner looked like a season vet dominating the competition.

(Remember these are Cecil Lammys words)

Lammy also said Bradley Chubb was an unblockable force and has taken a huge sophomore leap. Lammy even went as far to say that Chubb will have more sacks than Von Miller in 2019 who will have more than 12 himself. Lammy predicts that Chubb could have as many as 20 sacks based off his dominance today. he said Chubb was an unblockable wrecking machine who disrupted the offense.

Almost sounds as if they went full pads!

Cecil also says that Josie Jewell looked really good attacking the ball carrier but will more than likely come off the field on passing downs.
    Sua Cravens is much bigger than last season and did extremely well in coverage and should make up for the lack of a covering middle linebacker if healthy.

Fangios defense won the day!

Flaccos WRs let him down in a big way dropping back to back passes, and even Courtland Sutton dropped a 70 yard bomb down the seam. Something the offense needs to work on! Timingl.

He also asked that the fan base squashes the argument between Hogan and Lock because even though Hogan is the number 2 QB on the depth chart at the moment, lock is clearly the better QB.
    Is sua moving to ilb to save his career. I don't think he is a safety in this league
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• maaskesr
      Bench Warmer
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Is sua moving to ilb to save his career. I don't think he is a safety in this league
      I don't know why but I thought we got rid of Sua last year. Hope he can come in and do what we hoped he would last year.

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

From the sounds of it, I think they may attempt to use him as a hybrid safety that can move to ILB on 3rd and long.

Justin Hollins is a nice insurance piece if that plan fails. But if everything works out, Fangio and the broncos will have a lot of chess pieces to confuse the opposition!

Comment

• beastlyskronk
          Football Immortal
          • Jun 2007

Good to hear about Walker. He’s been effective in his minimal time on the field. Hopefully he gets on the field and can show what he’s capable of. Did he mention who he was going against outside of Bolles?

Comment

• neutessa
            Special Teams
            • Oct 2007

Su'a mentioned he's playing safety about 95% of the time right now.

Some other positive news ... various interior Dlinemen were getting pressure - Harris, Gotsis, and Demarcus Walker (although mentioned he also had an offside). Walker is apparently up to around 300 pounds now.

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Good to hear about Walker. He’s been effective in his minimal time on the field. Hopefully he gets on the field and can show what he’s capable of. Did he mention who he was going against outside of Bolles?
              No he didn’t say much about where everybody was lining up so I was kind of puzzled as well but time will tell.

I think Fangio was fiddling with everybody to find out what exactly he has but it seems as if Walker just might becoming what we all hoped he could be.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                Captain
                • Aug 2008

As much as I hate to say it, Wolfe could be a surprise cut if Walker continues to impress and takes over his spot. I just hope Walker gets more time on the field this year. He has huge potential.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  As much as I hate to say it, Wolfe could be a surprise cut if Walker continues to impress and takes over his spot. I just hope Walker gets more time on the field this year. He has huge potential.
                  Cecil also mentioned that Shelby Harris and Adam Gotsis added a lot of pressure from the inside. He didn’t say much about Wolfe, so if he isn’t getting the pressure, that time could be closer than we think.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                    team preacher
                    • Mar 2008

Aren’t these guys running around in shorts right now?
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                      team preacher
                      • Mar 2008

Jarvis Moss made 2 pro bowls in shorts.
                      sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                        Football Immortal
                        • Dec 2012

I don't think May OTA's are going to have much reflection on what the season or even preseason might be like, but it is nice to here some news from the activities.
                        I think the offense needs to rely on each other more than the defense to be effective, on defense individuals can shine while the offense needs to be more coordinated. It is waay too early for it to mean very much. I hope Walker continues to look good, I was all for drafting him.
                        Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• diesel51
                          Lost Sheep
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Thank you! I’m sitting in a Dr’s lobby for my brother in law, and that made me laugh out loud! People think I’m nuts, but that was GREAT!
                          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• WYBRONCO
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2016

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            Wash your mouth out with soap! Jarvis Moss might be the biggest draft disappointment we have had, outside of maybe Lynch, in over 20 years.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                              team preacher
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                              Wash your mouth out with soap! Jarvis Moss might be the biggest draft disappointment we have had, outside of maybe Lynch, in over 20 years.
                              Haha!

Don’t you remember all the reports of how explosive and unblockable he was during OTA’s?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X