• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarshallMoss
    Special Teams
    • Sep 2007

Welcome KJ Hamler to Denver

I think after the shock has settled, it would be nice to have a separate thread to discuss what KJ can add to our offense.

We needed a speed guy to round out our WR corps. This is going to free up all our other receivers.

Look how scary this offense has become over the course of 2 days:

1. The big physical specimen with hands that can outmuscle any CB one on one - Sutton
    2. The ankle breaking route runner who could be an elite possession receiver with speed - Jeudy
    3. The speed burner who will force D's to add a safety over the top on him - KJ Hamler
    4. A huge specimen with speed and major mismatch to nfl linebackers - Noah Fant
    5. One of the best receiving Rb's in the game - Melvin Gordon
    6. Great depth for blocking packages or injury in Patrick and Hamilton

But my man said it best about KJ Hamler " He's allergic to DB's, he can't get infected". Check out this video, you will surely be entertained

"He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy
  • 58Miller
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I think after the shock has settled, it would be nice to have a separate thread to discuss what KJ can add to our offense.

We needed a speed guy to round out our WR corps. This is going to free up all our other receivers.

1. The big physical specimen with hands that can outmuscle any CB one on one - Sutton
    2. The ankle breaking route runner who could be an elite possession receiver with speed - Jeudy
    3. The speed burner who will force D's to add a safety over the top on him - KJ Hamler

But my man said it best about KJ Hamler " He's allergic to DB's, he can't get infected". Check out this video, you will surely be entertained

The more I learn about him the more I like.
    We have some scary weapons, and the potential to score with KC. If we do that I also believe we have the better defense, but that is all just on paper for now.
    If the season starts in September I want that opener @KC!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• MarshallMoss
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2007

This is his parents doing a rap video for his 18th birthday. They need to do one for him now as a Bronco! Love it

"He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

• Fantaztic7
        Banned User
        • Dec 2015

My man is special bra. You know how I know he’s special? He plays special teams bra. Bra that looks like Desean Jackson here man. My man KJ Hamler. 7 route king!

Comment

• MHSalute
          Ring of Famer
          • Feb 2011

We can make it work

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• MarshallMoss
            Special Teams
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            My man is special bra You know how I know he’s special? He plays special teams bra. Bra that looks like Desean Jackson here man. My man KJ Hamler. 7 route king!
            Lol

"Deep post KJ, practicing social distancing man"!

Comment

• 58Miller
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              We can make it work

Lol!!!!!
              Elway actually talked about the drops in an interview and said the drops seem to be a lack of concentration not a ball skills issue.
              sigpic

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                Special Teams
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                Lol!!!!!
                Elway actually talked about the drops in an interview and said the drops seem to be a lack of concentration not a ball skills issue.
                Honestly when I look at these highlights, he looks like he has better hands than Tyreek. Some of these catches were insane. With Sutton working overtime with him running the ball machines and Jeudy refining his route running like he did with Ruggs...we might just have another Dasean Jackson

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2015

Lol

"Deep post KJ, practicing social distancing man"!
                  I really enjoyed the video thanks for posting!

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                    team preacher
                    • Mar 2008

That guy is pretty entertaining

I’m excited about him. Our offense should be pretty explosive, I’m just concerned about whether Lock will have time to spread the ball around. OT is still a huge concern.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• MHSalute
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Feb 2011

KJ has decent sized hands, but he is not a ball snatcher...so gonna have to live with the drops that come from letting the ball into the body. It is something small guys do a lot, think it is a "protecting their body" thing. Hard behavior to recondition a WR out of imo.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                        Special Teams
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        KJ has decent sized hands, but he is not a ball snatcher...so gonna have to live with the drops that come from letting the ball into the body. It is something small guys do a lot, think it is a "protecting their body" thing. Hard behavior to recondition a WR out of imo.
                        I agree. My reference was watching Tyreek his first couple of seasons, and his hands were bad on the deep ball. He still is not great, but much improved. I see KJ a lot more advanced than Tyreek was catching the ball out of college. Desean Jackson might be a stretch as his hands were amazing, but I do see flashes. The good thing is with our other weapons we don't need him to be fully polished.
                        Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-25-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• FR Tim
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          That guy is pretty entertaining

I’m excited about him. Our offense should be pretty explosive, I’m just concerned about whether Lock will have time to spread the ball around. OT is still a huge concern.
                          Trusting in the coaches on the OT situation. They don't seem to be as concerned as most fans.

On paper it looks like an entirely different situation this year. . Center of the line looks solid with Risner, Cush, Glasgow. James being healthy and ready will be huge. And Boles is Boles , the good and the bad. He improved tremendously the past 7 games. Coaches may be expecting more of that then the first 9 games.

Overall a much different looking group and IMO expected results. And with all the offensive weapons the defenses are less likely to be loading the box or committing extra pass rushers. With the overall improvement to the line, Bolles wont be on an island as much . He can be helped out by play calling, chips, double teams, plays away or directly at his defender depending on the advantages .

Injuries had the oline with holes in several places and defenses exploited it. Offenses can hide a weak link, they cant hide several. If all goes to plan this season the offense will be able to influence the defenses more then we have seen in several years. IMO the OTs will be immensely helped by the threat of what the Broncos are capable of doing now. The only group that may have benefited more then the OTs is the RBs. Both Gordon and Lindsey will get opportunities with the lanes that should be created with the expected coverages to slow down the Broncos receiving game.

Looks good on paper, now they have to do it in games. They figure it out and this could be a really dynamic offense. Especially after a season or two of development. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                            Special Teams
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                            Trusting in the coaches on the OT situation. They don't seem to be as concerned as most fans.

On paper it looks like an entirely different situation this year. . Center of the line looks solid with Risner, Cush, Glasgow. James being healthy and ready will be huge. And Boles is Boles , the good and the bad. He improved tremendously the past 7 games. Coaches may be expecting more of that then the first 9 games.

Overall a much different looking group and IMO expected results. And with all the offensive weapons the defenses are less likely to be loading the box or committing extra pass rushers. With the overall improvement to the line, Bolles wont be on an island as much . He can be helped out by play calling, chips, double teams, plays away or directly at his defender depending on the advantages .

Injuries had the oline with holes in several places and defenses exploited it. Offenses can hide a weak link, they cant hide several. If all goes to plan this season the offense will be able to influence the defenses more then we have seen in several years. IMO the OTs will be immensely helped by the threat of what the Broncos are capable of doing now. The only group that may have benefited more then the OTs is the RBs. Both Gordon and Lindsey will get opportunities with the lanes that should be created with the expected coverages to slow down the Broncos receiving game.

Looks good on paper, now they have to do it in games. They figure it out and this could be a really dynamic offense. Especially after a season or two of development. I'm excited about the possibilities.
                            That is a great point:thumb:

Comment

• S037474
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Feb 2020

I wanted a WR in round 1 and 2. I wanted Mims at the pick, was shocked it was Hamler. The more I learn about him, it was the absolute right pick. John Elway has turned this offense inside out in just 2 years!

It will open the run game, no more 8 in the box. We will have potential to score at anytime, from any place. Down 14 points? Possible to come right back with all these weapons.

This will make our OL look better as well. Nobody will be doubling Sutton anymore, he will explode. Lock will have 4000-5000 yards this year!!

Comment

Working...
                              X