X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zealander
    ING!
    • Apr 2007

Who cares? We are the broncos, we are becoming America's team because the cowboys ARE irrelevant, everyone hates the pats and the Steelers just aren't as good.

Who cares?

We win,

Enjoy

SB 50
    Last edited by Zealander; 01-25-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• bronx_2003
      Banned User
      • Oct 2003

The bottom line is winning championships, and to do that you generally need a top QB. Case Keenum showed loads of heart and sounded like a good leader, he is just limited. He reminds me of Alex Smith in that he is a decent QB and in the right situation with lots of talent he can take you to the playoffs, but thats his limit. He is a classic bridge QB.

So we need a franchise QB, and Foles isn't the answer IMO.

Denver have to decide if one of these are the answer - Lock, Haskins, or Jones. I wouldn't touch Murray personally.

If we really believe in one of these 3 we have to jump above the Giants at 6 (TB pick 5 so might need a trade with them)

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
        Hall of Famer
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
        And, that is not going to work for QB. Besides, I really don't think we have drafted BPA, it's more like we THINK that's what we;re doing but there is no doubt we aren't drafting for positions we don't need at all. Late 3rd round and later is more about special teams and development projects, so we need to look at the first 3 rounds to see what we're after.
        Somehow I've got to get over the foul ups of the last 2 drafts in not getting one of these QBs. We may well have some horrible draft experiences with QB over the next couple years because we missed the boat of the last 3 years. So we'll put extra pressure on finding that QB - possibly with poorer draft position compared to this last year. Oh well, I'm still optimistic Elway has his scouts identifying our guy and they are going to be ready to jump whenever that guy is available in the draft.
        Agreed, unless you have the number 1 pick overall you need to move up to get your qb. Just like the jets and bill and ravens did. Just like philly and the bears did and the Texans and the chiefs. They won't fall in your lap.
        Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
          Hall of Famer
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
          I've watched a couple of the "top" draft prospect QBs play this last year and the one I feel confident in saying he is not able to be an NFL QB is Haskins. He has the build and the arm and you can certainly call him a winner, but in all those games he never threw anyone open or even read a play so quick the ball was out before the defender could react. I know he has a high completion percentage and not too many interceptions, but he has slow eyes. He can't see with anticipation. It's not hard to see that in action - especially if the QB is in a tough contest where he's trying to come back from a deficit and he's been sacked a few times. Earlier in this string Brady Quinn was mentioned and he had the same slow eyes as Haskins. When his guy was running open he could crank his arm and put the ball out there. He looked the part. Haskins looks the part, but I don't believe he will ever be able to put an offense on his back and take over a game.
          For the kids' sake, I hope I'm wrong and he gets drafted to a decent team and they can work him in and he becomes a huge success. I don't root against him, but watching Lock and him both play there's no doubt in my mind Lock is a better prospect. BUT I"M NO SCOUT. They get paid the big bucks to figure these guys out to the nth degree. Neither one may be judged as worthy, I don't know what our scouts are thinking. I just trust my instincts enough to say Haskins isn't the guy.
          But you trust greir jones, and lock right. Lololol... ok
          Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Capt. Jack
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2010

I don't think you move up this year, If your guy is there at 10 grab him, if not BPA, and dont worry, we got #4 at QB.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
              Hall of Famer
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              I don't think you move up this year, If your guy is there at 10 grab him, if not BPA, and dont worry, we got #4 at QB.

Why not this year? Wait let me guess bc "NEXT" year qb class is "SUPPOSE" to be better?????hahahahahaha. We need a qb now. No telling where we will be drafting next year.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                Hall of Famer
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by dshawg1
                Do you follow the news? He has seen 5 games of his. He is tall with a “rocket arm”. It is Elway’s love child. There are tons of pages here on the QB and I laugh. Decision is done.

The Broncos are going to draft Lock, done deal barring an injury or negative press about the kid.
                Hahahah bc he been to his game it's a done deal. Wishful thinking. Yawn. As if others can't change his mind. GMs keep secret on who they want. So I'm super glad yes hey everyone keep saying we drafting lock and I hope Elway keep going to his games and saying how much he loves him in the public.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  Why not this year? Wait let me guess bc "NEXT" year qb class is "SUPPOSE" to be better?????hahahahahaha. We need a qb now. No telling where we will be drafting next year.
                  No, just because there's a couple of quarterbacks that may fall to 10 this year. Nothing about next year, just pick the best player available.
                  Don't reach for a QB. We have #4 probably for another year anyway.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    No, just because there's a couple of quarterbacks that may fall to 10 this year. Nothing about next year, just pick the best player available.
                    Don't reach for a QB. We have #4 probably for another year anyway.
                    That's a terrible strategy that likely ends in never actually having a QB because the right one didn't fall to you.

Identify your QB, trade up, get him. If you try and no one will trade down with you that is the only time you sit a cross your fingers that he falls to you.

Every 1dt round Qb drafted in the last 3 years was traded up for, except Mayfield.

Comment

• Socnorb11
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      That's a terrible strategy that likely ends in never actually having a QB because the right one didn't fall to you.

Identify your QB, trade up, get him. If you try and no one will trade down with you that is the only time you sit a cross your fingers that he falls to you.

Every 1dt round Qb drafted in the last 3 years was traded up for, except Mayfield.

The Broncos traded up for Tebow and Lynch. How'd that work out?

Comment

• gtown53
                        All-Pro
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                        Exactly. And there is so much more to consider when looking at the HUGE cost of moving up for a QB. Like where is the talent level for the entire team. How have past failed Drafts affected where we are right now. Was last years good Draft a complete fluke. And, what is this Franchises history of success in Drafting QBs, keeping in mind that the same people that chose Lynch, and Osweiler will be making the choice for this years "QB de Jour". The Broncos need HELP on the Offensive Line, Tight Ends, ILBs, and Cornerbacks. Throwing some poor sap of a QB draftee into the trainwreck that is the Broncos current talent level seems a little .................... obtuse.

Comment

• broncolee
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          Exactly. And there is so much more to consider when looking at the HUGE cost of moving up for a QB. Like where is the talent level for the entire team. How have past failed Drafts affected where we are right now. Was last years good Draft a complete fluke. And, what is this Franchises history of success in Drafting QBs, keeping in mind that the same people that chose Lynch, and Osweiler will be making the choice for this years "QB de Jour". The Broncos need HELP on the Offensive Line, Tight Ends, ILBs, and Cornerbacks. Throwing some poor sap of a QB draftee into the trainwreck that is the Broncos current talent level seems a little .................... obtuse.
                          If there’s a quarterback you like and you think you have to trade up to get him, that’s what you do.

It doesn’t matter what mistakes were made in the past.
                          Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Oct 2017

Right
                            Both of those were in the back of the 1st round. When was the last time we drafted a qb in the top 10? I'll wait.

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                              Hall of Famer
                              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              Everyone knew tebow would suck and josh didnt have a clue on what he was doing. Nobody but Elway wanted lynch. You use two examples. What about philly for carson, Houston for Watson, kc for Pat, chi for Mitchel, jets for darnold, we need a QB. Damn any def player. I'm our def played pretty good last year. We couldn't score. And we kept going 3 and out. Forget any def player in the first get us a qb period.

Comment

• orange crush75
                                Captain
                                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                                Everyone knew tebow would suck and josh didnt have a clue on what he was doing. Nobody but Elway wanted lynch. You use two examples. What about philly for carson, Houston for Watson, kc for Pat, chi for Mitchel, jets for darnold, we need a QB. Damn any def player. I'm our def played pretty good last year. We couldn't score. And we kept going 3 and out. Forget any def player in the first get us a qb period.
                                Exactly Qb is our biggest need

Comment

Working...
                                X