So The Famous "Phantom Sack" That Wasn't...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FL BRONCO
    Traveling Mod
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by MadMexican View Post
    OMG guy just stop it with Oz...

Oz was sacked almost as twice as Manning in two less games.
    Why he gives us a better chance to win. Manning has experience and a better head, but Oz has a better arm and opens up the offense. This offense had great field position all day and we needed a fumble to turn the game around.If his name isn't Manning, he wouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in many peoples eyes. It should be who gives us the best chance, and I gave PFM benefit of doubt coming in today, but I am more convinced then ever he is not our best chance. I will support whoever starts but to ask people to give it up after a performance like today against the 30th ranked pass D, you may as well ask them to ignore the elepahant in the room. Cause its their and deservingly so.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

I call it the "Flop and Pop (Up)" and it's a new wrinkle in Peyton's arsenal! I expect one of those in each of our next 2 games.....

Comment

• fraguela09
        Byner of Buckner?
        • Oct 2006

He was clearly contorting himself away from the extended arm of the pass rusher... And quickly got back up...

Look... Big Ben had 2 turnovers that were negated bc ref's ruled him down by contact. Mind you... This is a QB who makes a living escaping rushers and extending plays...
        So it was odd they ruled him down...

Comment

• Grandpa
          Special Teams
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          He wasn't giving himself up. He fell down. You could see his (I think) right foot losing purchase on the replay.
          While watching the replay to be sure he wasn't touched, I was amazed that he didn't do something to that left ankle when he fell down.
          --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• Mel B.
            All-Time Great
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
            Are you honestly trying to argue that Manning wasn't giving himself up? He's done that all season long.
            No you're mis-understanding my intent.

I highlighted your "If they (the fans) are being honest" portion and was responding to that saying that unfortunately the fans aren't going to be honest and admit it was a phantom self-sack.
            Last edited by Mel B.; 01-17-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• broncsx3
              Banned User
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
              While watching the replay to be sure he wasn't touched, I was amazed that he didn't do something to that left ankle when he fell down.
              Hard to hurt yourself when you fall down on purpose.

Comment

• Gsam
                Playmaker
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I highlighted your "If they (the fans) are being honest" portion and was responding to that saying that unfortunately the fans aren't going to be honest and say it was a phantom sack.

Ah, my apologies. I agree

Comment

• thewiseguy
                  Practice Squad
                  • Oct 2007

That was a fumble by Ben at the end of the game. He definitely was not down.

Comment

• broncsx3
                    Banned User
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I highlighted your "If they (the fans) are being honest" portion and was responding to that saying that unfortunately the fans aren't going to be honest and say it was a phantom sack.
                    Yea, your intent was very clear. Was about to respond if you didn't. Thought that guy was really confused

Comment

• Salutethis
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Jan 2014

Peyton dove but didn't get touched. Is still be touching him till the whistle blew. Just sayin. I love Peyton getting up, shows he is looking for any option to win.

Comment

• listopencil
                        Revenant
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post

I can't find the replay online anywhere. Did you see what I mean about how his foot slipped?
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• PhoenixDread
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jan 2012

It's not the phantom sack, or self sack. It's the "fainting goat"!

Comment

• Rancid
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Nov 2009

I am thinking Sports Authority field is haunted. A few years ago a ghost used to randomly tackle Eric Decker. Now that same ghost is sacking Manning. Oooooh--- Scarrrrry
                            sigpic

Comment

• Grandpa
                              Special Teams
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                              Hard to hurt yourself when you fall down on purpose.
                              You saw something that wasn't there. See below .....

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                              The funny part was is to most every Denver fan if they are being honest, they thought it was the phantom sack that manning takes all the time.
                              Not this fan. I watched the game, and the half dozen replays. He didn't give himself up, he wasn't down by contact, so there was NO sack to be called.
                              --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• Shiz
                                All-Pro
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                                Manning 100% gave himself up. He's done it all year. Also, right after he goes down he makes 0 attempt to get up. He waits a bit, realizes he is untouched, THEN gets up. Refs screwed that one up. Thank you, refs!
                                What you just explained happened in about 1.5 seconds. Waits a bit...give me a break! Zero attempt to get up?? If he actually waits a bit then the play would have been whistled dead. Great play and focus on keeping the drive alive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X