• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Project KSL
    Banned User
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Oh, I get it. We can only use stats that benefit the guy you are arguing for.

Got it. :thumb:

But yeah, 3 years compared to 6 years is fair. Especially when Gallo started only 2 years his first year, compared to Deng starting over half the games his rookie year.
    You're only hurting your own argument.

So while playing LONGER, Deng has been consistently better.

He's been able to hold down significantly better averages in everything.

Meanwhile, Gallinari POTENTIAL TOP 3 NBA PLAYER ZOMG has been worse. In everything. Not to mention , Gallinari played in Italy beforehand too.
    It's not like this was his first rodeo.

Face it, he hasn't been as good. In no way, shape, or form.

Cling to the "potential" argument.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
      #OrangeandBlue #PFM
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
      You're only hurting your own argument.

So while playing LONGER, Deng has been consistently better.

He's been able to hold down significantly better averages in everything.

Meanwhile, Gallinari POTENTIAL TOP 3 NBA PLAYER ZOMG has been worse. In everything. Not to mention , Gallinari played in Italy beforehand too.
      It's not like this was his first rodeo.

Face it, he hasn't been as good. In no way, shape, or form.

Cling to the "potential" argument.
      Right now -- as in this year -- yes he has.

That's the argument -- RIGHT NOW.

You've made that perfectly clear.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2011

I'll take Deng over Granger. He's a better rebounder, passer, and defender
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• red19
          Banned User
          • Sep 2006

My Jazz lost (at home) to the up and coming Clippers last night it was only the second time they won in Utah in something like the past 50 games.

This Jazz team is so hard to read, at times (often in the same game)they look like they have it all together and play with a sense of direction, and then theres times when it looks like a pick-up game.

Comment

• johnlimburg
            Ring of Famer
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Deng is probably the Bulls 2nd or 3rd option, so of course he won't have more PPG, when you got Rose who carries the team on most nights.

Sorry, i'll take Deng who is the 2nd best defensive SF in the league behind LeBron, and an underrated scorer. I hate Dook, but Deng is good, and better than Gallo.
            And do the Nuggets really have a first option. It is not like every possesion they go through him and he ball stops and gets into an isolation game. It is catch and pass and I believe GK preaches 3 or 4 second and get rid of it. Drive, shoot or pass. He plays less minutes and scores mor epoints. I don't think anyone can argue that Gallo is the better scorer. He gets to the line and is better than Deng in this area also. I will take Dengs defense and rebounding but not his passing ability or scoring.

I think right now which is the argument and not past or future. Right now Gallo is better. It is up for discussion but is no lock.

Also I think maybe don't laugh to be condescending when I say he isn't top 10 because I provided a list of players where he could easily be out of the top 10.

Gallo > Leng

Comment

• Project KSL
              Banned User
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              And do the Nuggets really have a first option. It is not like every possesion they go through him and he ball stops and gets into an isolation game. It is catch and pass and I believe GK preaches 3 or 4 second and get rid of it. Drive, shoot or pass. He plays less minutes and scores mor epoints. I don't think anyone can argue that Gallo is the better scorer. He gets to the line and is better than Deng in this area also. I will take Dengs defense and rebounding but not his passing ability or scoring.

I think right now which is the argument and not past or future. Right now Gallo is better. It is up for discussion but is no lock.

Also I think maybe don't laugh to be condescending when I say he isn't top 10 because I provided a list of players where he could easily be out of the top 10.

Gallo > Leng
              Lol. Your list is the measuring stick huh? Explain to me how Gallo is also better than JSmoove.

Josh Smith has far better CAREER averages in everything, and even if you go by just the last 2 or 3 years, he's even further ahead of him.

14ppg 7rpg 3apg career averages spanning SEVEN years.

Combine that with his defense where he averages 2 blocks a game.

There is literally no possible way you can say that GALLO TOP 3 POTENTIAL OMG is better than Josh Smith right now. Every single statistical category is in Smith's favor. Just because someone plays for your favorite team doesn't make them better.

Sorry.

Comment

• johnlimburg
                Ring of Famer
                • Sep 2009

Lol. Your list is the measuring stick huh? Explain to me how Gallo is also better than JSmoove.

Josh Smith has far better CAREER averages in everything, and even if you go by just the last 2 or 3 years, he's even further ahead of him.

14ppg 7rpg 3apg career averages spanning SEVEN years.

Combine that with his defense where he averages 2 blocks a game.

There is literally no possible way you can say that GALLO TOP 3 POTENTIAL OMG is better than Josh Smith right now. Every single statistical category is in Smith's favor. Just because someone plays for your favorite team doesn't make them better.

Sorry.
                I am not going to argue with the personal shots where it will head or with snide remarks. I will actually discuss it with you if you can be an adult.

First thing. I would like you to please point out to me where I have said top 3 potential. In this thread I was not talking about future. I was not talking about past. I was talking about right now. So you can stop saying that now please.

I don't think my list is the standard. I just think that it is a very fair list to show where Deng fell in terms of NBA small forwards.

I think after the top 5 in can be moved around back to 10. It is all debatable. However the thing I find amusing is the way that you acted in your original post and the way ERoyal laughed like it is some outragous statment when it is not.

On Josh Smith.

Smith has the reabounding edge and the defensive edge. Just like with Deng as I said earlier before my posts got deleted.

However the offensive end of the court again I do not see how you can argue Smith better than Gallanari also.

Gallo is so much more well rounded.

Gallo:

FG%: 46.6
                FT%: 89.0
                3PT%: 29.8
                PPG: 17.4

Smith:

FG%: 46.7
                FT%: 51.5
                3PT%: 17.6
                PPG: 15.4

These are from 2011-12. But the thing I cannot understand and how you can see it is fair is you continue to say forget the future. It is about right now. This season. So why does it matter what they done years back. We are talking about the player they are today. So yeah.

As I said on Deng it is debatable as all the options are on that list I said near the bottom end of the ten but either way I think acting like it is a laughable or outrageous thought is just silly.

Also blocks do not make one a great defensive player. They are high impact plays on that end of the court but doesn't represent so many other factors which are included on the defensive end of the court.

And I have no bias for anyone. I have been highly critical of AAA and Nene and Miller. I don't care about that and have no bias. It has nothing to do with my favorite team or not. Did I also put a bunch of the other guys up there like Jackson cause I go for the Bucks or Wallace cause I go for the Trial Blazers.

Please
                Last edited by johnlimburg; 02-02-2012, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Chillez
                  Football Immortal
                  • Sep 2008

Come on Lakers let's win this game tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Project KSL
                    Banned User
                    • Sep 2009

So Gallo....not even in for the final time when it matters.

Huh.........

Comment

• ERoyal248
                      All-Pro
                      • Aug 2009

So Gallo....not even in for the final time when it matters.

Huh.........
                      Pretty sure he was hurt....

Comment

• johnlimburg
                        Ring of Famer
                        • Sep 2009

Gallo just wasn't feeling it tonight. Had a pretty bad game. Hard to imagine though after that Clippers game where he was draining everything and was a huge factor to us blowing out the Clippers. He went 7-10 from the floor. 5-5 from 3 point range. 2-2 from the line. 6 Rebounds. 4 Assists. 21 Points in 27 minutes. He was bad tonight though. Got to get back to that top 10 player you showed you were against the Clips Gallo.

Comment

• Project KSL
                          Banned User
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Pretty sure he was hurt....
                          Pretty sure he wasn't. He was just bad. Sorry.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                            #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                            • Jan 2010

Gallo had a bad game.

Your point?
                            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• ERoyal248
                              All-Pro
                              • Aug 2009

Pretty sure he wasn't. He was just bad. Sorry.
                              LOL, he had a bad game, every player has em, quit obsessing over a team/player who you don't even like, i don't even know who you like in the NBA.

Comment

• Chillez
                                Football Immortal
                                • Sep 2008

Gallo had bad game happens to everyone even superstars.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X