X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELWAY421
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2007

It's a little late to call him out now there Vance!

Comment

• Gsam
      Playmaker
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      Flacco needs to be a target
      Disagree. He is hot garbage. He's been benched for a rookie who can barely pass.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
        Hall of Famer
        • Apr 2009

Gotta love Vance, early in the season when a Keenum was sucking he kept sticking up for him: "Case did some good things me today..."

Now that's it's to the point that his poor play is going to get VJ fired, he's finally calling him out. Needs a scapegoat I'm guessing, lol

Comment

• JvDub95
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          Flacco needs to be a target
          I disagree, just Keenum but taller and less mobile

​​​​

Comment

• SMR81
            Banned User
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I disagree, just Keenum but taller and less mobile
            Keenum has 1 decent year and that was on a team loaded with offensive talent. Other than that he has been garbage.

Flacco has a 10 year history of decent football with OK talent around him. He also has a SB ring.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
              Captain
              • Aug 2008

Gah, moved to news and thus the thread is dead

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                Hall of Famer
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Gah, moved to news and thus the thread is dead
                Yep, that was fun while it lasted lol

Comment

• broncolee
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

Zero problem with VJ saying he wants more from Keenum.
                  Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• ELWAY421
                    Football Immortal
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Zero problem with VJ saying he wants more from Keenum.
                    Well yeah! But it should've been said several weeks earlier not when the season is winding down and your job is in jeopardy. It's a save face statement imo.

Comment

• dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      • Mar 2009

Sounded to me like Joe Woods ALSO was saying he's done all he can do - the players have to get it done ............ today
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                        Super Moderator
                        • Dec 2008

I don't have a problem with Joseph saying this about Keenum. The truth is Keenum does have to make more plays, and I'm sure he'd fully admit that as well. We're going into week 15, it's probably been said numerous times behind closed doors by Joseph, Musgrave and Sullivan.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          Sounded to me like Joe Woods ALSO was saying he's done all he can do - the players have to get it done ............ today

I don't disagree. Without knowing every single call, you can't always blame the players, but we've seen enough blown coverages, guys leaving their gaps, jumping offside etc. to know that the players are either not understanding what they're supposed to do, or they're just not doing it.

But even in zone coverage you should never have a guy running with no one within 20 yards of him. If you're in zone and there's no threat in front of you, start to back up until something threatens you in front, because if there's nothing in front, they're trying to get in behind you.

In the end playing defense is about 11 guys all doing their jobs and trusting the guys next to them to do their job. It seems like we have several players who don't trust that and try to do other people's jobs as well.

Both problems come down to coaching though. If they don't understand, make it easier. If there are guys not doing their jobs, replace them.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                            Traveling Mod
                            • Mar 2010

All I want to know, when does someone in the organization get to publicly call out Vance to the media.

Vance needs to prepare his team better...and he needs to make better in game adjustments.... and he needs to manage his timeouts better......and the clock........and the challenges.....and he needs to put his players in better positions to succeed based on their strengths.....and he needs to try to kick more manageable field goals and not give the other team more points... or the win with more seconds left to get closer........and he needs to run the ball when its working....and he needs to let his best rushers rush when we are struggling to get pressure..... and did I mention game planning vs tight ends.... and he needs too.....oh never mind
                            Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-12-2018, 07:02 PM.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Lumiere
                              All-Time Great
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              I don't have a problem with Joseph saying this about Keenum. The truth is Keenum does have to make more plays, and I'm sure he'd fully admit that as well. We're going into week 15, it's probably been said numerous times behind closed doors by Joseph, Musgrave and Sullivan.
                              Sure Keenum sucks. Everybody sees it. But to have the guy that's lucky to have his pants buckled correctly complaining about him, just rings hollow.

This team is top-heavy with dead weight. Hopefully, Elway remedies that during the off-season.
                              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Rich_C
                                Captain
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                                All I want to know, when does someone in the organization get to publicly call out Vance to the media.

Vance needs to prepare his team better...and he needs to make better in game adjustments.... and he needs to manage his timeouts better......and the clock........and the challenges.....and he needs to put his players in better positions to succeed based on their strengths.....and he needs to try to kick more manageable field goals and not give the other team more points... or the win with more seconds left to get closer........and he needs to run the ball when its working....and he needs to let his best rushers rush when we are struggling to get pressure..... and did I mention game planning vs tight ends.... and he needs too.....oh never mind
                                Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                Sure Keenum sucks. Everybody sees it. But to have the guy that's lucky to have his pants buckled correctly complaining about him, just rings hollow.

This team is top-heavy with dead weight. Hopefully, Elway remedies that during the off-season.
                                Both of these comments effectively summarize my point. At some point why and how doesn't VJ publicly acknowledge that he made errors in the game and name them....calling out other players publicly is - IMO only adding to the dysfunction and not helping the situation. Interviews and comments should be simple:

Interviewer: Vance how do you think Case played?
                                VJ: Every player in every game will always have things which we ask them to improve upon - Case is no exception.

Interviewer: What specifically does Case need to improve upon?
                                VJ The coaches and Case have had those discussions already and we will see how he responds to that coaching next game.

Interviewer: Yes but can you give us one example?
                                VJ: I believe I have answered that question already...any other questions?

^ The above is how those interviews should go....Period.
                                Last edited by Rich_C; 12-13-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X